First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

The Fish

0.o
Also holy crap the art on Blitzle is flawless. HYOGONOSUKE's wide shots like the Remoraid and Feebas are soooo good. The little light ripples on the water and the clouds in the back :eek::eek::eek:

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
That zebstrika can have Rapid Strike, Double Colourless, Triple Acceleration, and the new Spiral Energy thrown on it by Porygon-Z (UBB). Dealing 90 per heads, especially with Rapid Strike Energy, is basically guaranteed to OHKO most 2 prizers and some tag teams. Will be neat before rotation cuts pory and triple, then the entire concept of coin flip multiplier attacks gets banished to expanded

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
2 Rapid + 2 Double + 2 Triple + 1 Spiral/any elec proxy = 14 coin flips when you only need 4 to hit for 360 (aka ohko everything), and that's on the lighter side of energy. It can go up to 32 flips with a full 4/4/4/4 stacked zebra (a bad idea but still).

(Why am I even going over this? Everyone's seen Maractus, Blissey, CramVMax, ect in action)

(I guess my point is that it has double colourless effectively twice because rapid strike which is neat)

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
2 Rapid + 2 Double + 2 Triple + 1 Spiral/any elec proxy = 14 coin flips when you only need 4 to hit for 360 (aka ohko everything), and that's on the lighter side of energy. It can go up to 32 flips with a full 4/4/4/4 stacked zebra (a bad idea but still)
Sadly this isnt like Maractus or Blissey, you stop flipping if you get any tails. Theoretically you can have infinite heads but worst case scenario is your first flip gives you tails and you deal 0 damage.

On average you would flip 2-3 heads per attack, probably.

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
Sadly this isnt like Maractus or Blissey, you stop flipping if you get any tails. Theoretically you can have infinite heads but worst case scenario is your first flip gives you tails and you deal 0 damage.

On average you would flip 2-3 heads per attack, probably.

Aw, I just noticed that part. Okay, it's mediocre, use sandaconda instead for somewhat inconsistent 1-prize nuke potential then

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Blitzle/Zebstrika - again, what? You have a second atk that is too flipply to disregard, and a first atk that isn't KO common single-prize Basics, but too awkward to spam it, and even you can do 120, they can do 120 back to you. It's just like giving your opponent AFK (A Free KO). 3/3-4
  • Arctovish V - Is this has a VMAX? Cuz, this is bland as heck. Zacian will KO you for 3 Energy. 3

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Gardevoir: TIMES UP OVER BAM! SNAP BACK TO REALITY!! OH THERE'S GOES GRAVITY! OH IT'S A STAGE 2! UNPLAYABLE AUTOMATICALLY! (I'll be here all week lol)

Man that is a crazy good ability. Balanced on a stage 2 pokemon. But we really aren't fitting a stage 2 line into our deck for BASIC energy acceleration when we have so many better options for each type. Fighting is the only one that really needs better energy acceleration but then they all have to compete with the Urshifus who have their own way of not needing acceleartion. So yeah this Gardevoir card is just not doing it for me unfortunately. As an attacker definitely not. Shadow Calyrex is better in everyway, doesnt matter about the prize difference.

Peony:
I really like this card. It feels really good in those decks that play from the discard pile and you need specific trainer cards. Kricketune V definitely is going to appreciate it.

Peonia:
If Gladion saw play then this will definitley see play. I love that this says pick up first then put back down. Meaning you can put down some prize cards that you don't need.

Arctovish V:
There better be a VMAX with this, otherwise there is zero reason to play this when Zacian V is better in every way. That first attack is super meh when the format has tons of switch cards.

Zebstrika/Blitzle:
Meh, definitely filler. Boltund from Battle Styles is better.

All in All Peony and Peonia are the only winners. Set revealing tonight so hopefully there will be some game changers :)

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Hope they end up doing all four fossils as V's. Especially Dracovish, to gaze upon the might of a truly perfect creature in card form.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
In the context of me not caring about the Standard format or caring about what any sort of meta is, I love this Gardevoir card. It has me written all over it. But in the context of the current format, it's just a shame that the game has devolved to the point where Stage 2's aren't allowed to shine. Because really, who wouldn't want to be able to use that Ability?

Peony and Peonia seem niche, but interesting. And since I'm late to comment and we're already onto the next revealed cards, I really like the art on both Blitzle and Zebstrika!

flariados

Aspiring Trainer
Peonia could be great if you unluckily have all your crucial cards in the prizes, which I guarantee has happened to everyone at least once. Peony needs Kricketune or other support, but searching any 2 trainer cards could allow for interesting combos, like evo incense + rare candy. Just have to be aware of the drawback of having a barren hand, have a draw mon like Oricorio-GX, Zacian V and the like on your bench. Wiping your hand could also help with Mustard if you plan for the next turn.

Knowing my luck though I'd end up getting Peonia prized.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Blitzel, this water battle field is fine. Ash K. has got your back. We're just going to learn to walk on your own electric attacks.

AliceVoltaire

Aspiring Trainer
There's no way Peonia doesn't get immediately banned in Expanded.
Yes, I would like to put 2 Greedy Dice and Jirachi ◊ in my prize cards, thank you very much.
I've been thinking about this for a while and cannot see how this idea could ever be consistent enough to be a real problem. Adding Greedy Dice to your deck, much less 4 of them, really hurts your consistency as Greedy Dice doesn't actually do anything, it'll be a dead draw a lot of the time. And then Greedy Dice itself isn't reliable at all, if one of them fails, the rest fail. It feels exactly as reliable as Missing Clover was. I think that if you actually manage to win a game with Greedy Dice, you deserve it.

And if it does actually prove to be a problem, then I think there's a better argument for banning Greedy Dice than there is for banning Peonia.

Last edited:

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Are people reading the Arcotvish V wrong, or am I? Switching doesn't remove the effect which is on the player, it's immune to V/GX pokemon if it uses the attack?

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Are people reading the Arcotvish V wrong, or am I? Switching doesn't remove the effect which is on the player, it's immune to V/GX pokemon if it uses the attack?
"If the Defending Pokemon is a Pokemon V or Pokemon-GX, it can’t attack during your opponent’s next turn."

Key words in bold. The Defending Pokemon is the Pokemon that took the attack. Switching it to the bench removes the effect.