First Teaser Info for S6 'Silver Lance' and 'Jet-Black Spirit!'

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Holy hell, the regular AND the Alt Art on Celebi are absolutely gorgeous. Really digging the look of both of them. And those Sandaconda V’s are pretty great too!! More of this, please.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
Is the sandaconda in the alternate art the silicobra you encounter in the games with team yell? That’s so cute!

The Fish

0.o
Is Teeziro a new artist to the TCG? If so, that's a fantastic debut card illustration. I want that Celebi so much!
I believe they participated in an illustration contest/Grand Prix where they drew a Charizard (I think the 2020 one? Or maybe an older one). This is their first official card!

The Fish

0.o
  • Celebi V - bland and impractical, next. 2-3
  • Sandaconda V - bland and pointless, next. 2-3
Oh come on, Sandaconda isn't thaaaat pointless. With Cape of Toughness it can sit comfortably at 300hp, and the 2 retreat cost, instead of the 3 on the Rebel Clash Sandaconda, is way better. Sure it doesn't hit hard or fast, but the typing and weakness are good, and the tank potential doesn't make it straight garbage. Celebi's first attack wont be used 99/100 times, but it could be necessary that one time when the luck gods are against you. Yes they're just launchpads into their respective VMAXs, but both cards have minor niches that don't make them completely useless until they evolve.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Sandaconda is genuinely good because in a format where Victini V-Max is so prominent, it can survive the hit and heal with Cheryl or Wyndon Stadium.

All of this is assuming it will get its V-Max form soon enough - which it should, given the fact that now it has two basic V.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Sandaconda is genuinely good because in a format where Victini V-Max is so prominent, it can survive the hit and heal with Cheryl or Wyndon Stadium.

All of this is assuming it will get its V-Max form soon enough - which it should, given the fact that now it has two basic V.

The post states that Sandaconda VMAX comes in this set. This means for Ice Lance the VMAX cards are Ice Rider VMAX, Sandaconda VMAX, and Tornadus VMAX. Shadow Rider will have Shadow Rider VMAX and acording to this post Metagross VMAX. If Celebi also received a VMAX card Metagross VMAX should be a single stike card. This is based on the assumption that each partial set has no more than three VMAX cards .

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Shocked they're being so unimaginative with V choices. I hope we still get at least one of the following; Obstagoon, Perserker, Frosmoth & G. Weezing.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
The post states that Sandaconda VMAX comes in this set. This means for Ice Lance the VMAX cards are Ice Rider VMAX, Sandaconda VMAX, and Tornadus VMAX. Shadow Rider will have Shadow Rider VMAX and acording to this post Metagross VMAX. If Celebi also received a VMAX card Metagross VMAX should be a single stike card. This is based on the assumption that each partial set has no more than three VMAX cards .

Single Strike;
Ice Rider Calyrex VMAX
Tornadus VMAX SINGLE Style
Sandaconda VMAX

Rapid Strike;
Shadow Rider Calyrex VMAX
Metagross VMAX RAPID Style?
Celebi VMAX?

Only way Metagross isn't Rapid Strike is if Celebi doesn't get a VMAX and whatever does, is Rapid Strike. Single Strike set already has its 3 VMAX's though so I can't see how Metagross will be in that set.

Edit - I hope Zeraora Rapid Strike gets a VMAX.

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Flannery, here it come the new Welder or maybe just a new Kiawe
OR Flannery could be the new Blacksmith or Blaine’s Last Stand or a better Fire Crystal as a supporter. It could also be completely original OR an absolute rip-off of Flannery from Lackey.

Is the sandaconda in the alternate art the silicobra you encounter in the games with team yell? That’s so cute!
Now that you mention it, it probably is! Have to admit that the Silicobra debacle was one of the funniest scenes featuring Team Yell. Wouldn’t be surprised if they adopted it as this card and your theory suggests.

Maybe we’ll get garbodor gmax too
Mr. Rhyperior did the math and based off of the confirmed numbers for Chilling Reign and Mr. Rhyperior’s calculations, I don’t think we’ll be getting Garbodor VMAX... for that matter it doesn’t look like we’ll get more than one VMAX with a gigantamax form between the three Japanese sets that comprise Chilling Reign! However, it also said there would only be 3 alt. Arts, which also means no room for the Alt. Art Vs revealed here. So I’m not sure what to think.

Oh come on, Sandaconda isn't thaaaat pointless. With Cape of Toughness it can sit comfortably at 300hp, and the 2 retreat cost, instead of the 3 on the Rebel Clash Sandaconda, is way better. Sure it doesn't hit hard or fast, but the typing and weakness are good, and the tank potential doesn't make it straight garbage. Celebi's first attack wont be used 99/100 times, but it could be necessary that one time when the luck gods are against you. Yes they're just launchpads into their respective VMAXs, but both cards have minor niches that don't make them completely useless until they evolve.
Technically 30 damage reduction isn’t the same as 30 extra HP. It’s actually better because it works each time the Pokémon is attacked. So instead of being able to survive two hits of less than 150 damage, it can survive two hits of less than 170 damage.
In fact, I just realized that it would take 3 hits from a Togekiss VMAX to knock it out.
All of this is, of course, assuming that Cape of Toughness is attached.

Shocked they're being so unimaginative with V choices. I hope we still get at least one of the following; Obstagoon, Perserker, Frosmoth & G. Weezing.
I have two contradictory comments. One, I absolutely agree that the lack of Galarian V’s is shocking, and two, I wouldn’t have it any other way. Besides, with only two exceptions all the gigantamax Pokémon are either Kantonian or Galarian, so having a nice variety of Vs is great. And anyways, Piers never used Dynamax, so while an Obstagoon V would be great, Obstagoon VMAX simply could not be allowed.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
  • Celebi V - bland and impractical, next. 2-3
  • Sandaconda V - bland and pointless, next. 2-3

In all fairness if these evolve into VMAXs these are some pretty good cards depending on their VMAXs.

Celebi can accelerate energy to itself to power up its VMAX. Very similar to Single Strike Urshifu's Laser Focus

Sandaconda's defense means it can't be KOed by Zacian nor Victini VMAX. The latter has proven to be a successful archetype post rotation.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Yo 8 years later and we are finally getting someone form the Kalos Elite 4.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Jesus H. Christ, stop giving pre-existing Vs their own Vmaxes when both slots could go to NEW Pokemon. We probably aren't gonna get Mr. Rime V or Zen Galarian Darmanitan v if they keep printing tired old mons over and over
I'm not disagreeing with you, however I think it's important to remember that they are a company, meaning they intent to make money, so I think that is something they are considering as well. I definitely can see Frosmoth and Obstagoon coming as V cards at some point, since they seem rather popular, but what is gonna sell more? Mr. Rime VMAX or Tapu Koko VMAX? Of course the price also depends on playability, but from a visual standpoint, some Mons are just more likely to get ultra rare cards based of their looks than others - even though they've already gotten ultra rares (hence why Starters, Legendaries and Pseudolegends get so much attention compared to other).

I'm just happy that we're finally getting a snakenado card! Also, that Sandaconda alt is adorable!!

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I really hope that all the supporters have some potential to be playable in some way. Especially Flannery!!
They did an amazing job with Melony by keeping it balanced and extremely playable.

Volcanion V, I predict this is going to be the same as its unbroken bonds counterpart. Accelerate energy to fire pokemon in some way.

Metagross VMAX. I would be so happy to see this card if metal wasn't already extremely dominant as it is right now. Just by it's existence you already have tons of support. Unless they plan on being bold and making it a Psychic type...Even then you have psychic support coming lol it's in the ultimate win-win scenario. Making it a Rapid Strike is would just be overkill

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not disagreeing with you, however I think it's important to remember that they are a company, meaning they intent to make money, so I think that is something they are considering as well. I definitely can see Frosmoth and Obstagoon coming as V cards at some point, since they seem rather popular, but what is gonna sell more? Mr. Rime VMAX or Tapu Koko VMAX? Of course the price also depends on playability, but from a visual standpoint, some Mons are just more likely to get ultra rare cards based of their looks than others - even though they've already gotten ultra rares (hence why Starters, Legendaries and Pseudolegends get so much attention compared to other).

I'm just happy that we're finally getting a snakenado card! Also, that Sandaconda alt is adorable!!

I get what you're saying as I see this argument a lot, I'm just not sure I'll ever truly buy it. Outside of putting Charizard on the cover, I don't think certain pokemon sell more packs than others. Maybe it's different in Japan?

Even so, Celebi doesn't need two V's, Sceptile could have had it, and instead of Victini, maybe Ho-oh or Arcanine.

Maybe I'm biased because I don't like (Celebi, Victini, Tapu Koko) in the first place. I'm a bit more forgiving with Sandaconda as it's Galar.

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
So wait, FLANNERY is getting a Supporter, which also means she's getting a FULL ART?!? And here I was, thinking that the scalping situation had cooled down... now it's probably gonna literally heat up all over again!

SERIOUS NOTE: Those Alt Arts are stunning as always! I'd kill to get some of this artwork framed!

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
omggg both the regular and alt arts are GORGEOUS I'm so happy my boy Sandaconda is finally getting proper love <33 (shouldn't have even teased us with the original V and no VMAX in Rebel Clash smh)