DP remakes and pre-quel announced!

treeckonation

Treecko is a good pokemon
the new sinnoh games look like playdoh... it should look like sword and shield but who cares we got them.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
The fact that a Pokémon actually walked up to another and hit it in Arceus was genuinely shocking. Didn’t think they were capable of that! That all being said, and I can’t believe I’m saying this about a Pokémon game in 2021...I think Arceus has potential if they manage the execution.

I think the DP remakes will be fine if they let us just have every Pokémon again. No full roster, I’m not buying. But eeh... I dunno, I can’t shake the feeling they’re gonna just cheap out and make you unable to use everyone for no justifiable reason. I wish they looked a bit more like ORAS or something as far as remakes go, but I can see why they stuck with that visual style, though it isn’t really my jam.

But let’s be honest here. Pokémon Snap? That looks fantastic. Best thing in the whole presentation and the more information on it just made me even more excited. Can’t wait for that at the very least!

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Very happy about the Gen IV remakes. I find it funny how some people are unhappy with the way they look, complaining that they should like Sword and Shield, despite the fact that Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire was also done in a similar style and looked nothing like X and Y. While, I'll admit, seeing Diamond and Pearl in a similar style to Sword and Shield would be awesome, I'm actually glad that the remakes will be faithful recreations of the originals.

Also, since they're supposedly faithful to the originals, we might get the battle frontier in these remakes, something that people have been wanting for quite some time.

I'm also extremely happy about Pokemon Legends Arceus. I takes two of my favourite things, Pokemon and TLoZ Breath of the Wild, and blends them together beautifully. I am curious as to how big the game will be but based on the fact that Pokemon has outsourced development of the Gen IV remakes, and the fact that Pokemon was willing to reveal that this game would come out fairly quickly after the Gen IV remakes, something that could potentially hurt the sales of the remakes, it would seem that most of their effort is going into this game, which is great. Definitely can't wait to see how Pokemon's first true open world game goes, because it looks amazing.

Poke_collector

Aspiring Trainer
I love how they’ve done the overworld for the remakes but the battle part is literally Let’s Go style. Also, how’re they gonna do the mythical events like shaymin, manaphy, darkrai, arceus and rotom?

Poke_collector

Aspiring Trainer
Very happy about the Gen IV remakes. I find it funny how some people are unhappy with the way they look, complaining that they should like Sword and Shield, despite the fact that Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire was also done in a similar and looked nothing like X and Y. While, I'll admit, seeing Diamond and Pearl in a similar style to Sword and Shield would be awesome, I'm actually glad that the remakes will be faithful recreations of the originals.

Also, since they're supposedly faithful to the originals, we might get the battle frontier in these remakes, something that people have been wanting for quite some time.

I'm also extremely happy about Pokemon Legends Arceus. I takes two of my favourite things, Pokemon and TLoZ Breath of the Wild, and blends them together beautifully. I am curious as to how big the game will be but based on the fact that Pokemon has outsourced development of the Gen IV remakes, and the fact that Pokemon was willing to reveal that this game would come out fairly quickly after the Gen IV remakes, something that could potentially hurt the sales of the remakes, it would seem that most of their effort is going into this game, which is great. Definitely can't wait to see how Pokemon's first true open world game goes, because it looks amazing.
Since this is just diamond and pearl, will there be a platinum remake?

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Since this is just diamond and pearl, will there be a platinum remake?

Highly doubt it. Remakes usually incorporate elements of the sister game while using the names of the two base games (because two games make more money than one) such as HGSS having the Suicune story line from Crystal and ORAS giving Rayquaza a more important story role like in Emerald (Rayquaza was just some random legendary with no real story in Ruby and Sapphire).

Chances are since these remakes are being outsourced they may or may have the battle frontier from Platnium (especially since Nintendo decided it would be funny to put a statue of the battle tower in ORAS instead of the battle frontier) especially the battle frontier might be one the drawcards that the remakes need.

Last edited:

Kumaquat

Collecting Birbs
I actually like the look of all three Snap, DP, Arceus. Pokemon: Let's Go Broke more like.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
I love how they’ve done the overworld for the remakes but the battle part is literally Let’s Go style. Also, how’re they gonna do the mythical events like shaymin, manaphy, darkrai, arceus and rotom?
Likely the same way they did it ages ago, except now with the possibility of not having to walk to physical events to get it. Connect to the net and voila, (hopefully) free DLC!

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I'm genuinely surprised by Pokemon Legends Arceus. Parts of it do look a bit janky, but I'm at least willing to bet this is just from it being in early development. I love the idea of a game being set in the past in a region we're already familiar with. I love the drive of the game being to complete the Pokedex. And I love how open the game looks so far, on top of the Pokemon actually battling each other. It has a lot of potential, and I'm glad to say I'm actually looking forward to a Pokemon game. Please don't mess this one up...

Diamond and Pearl remakes. They're actually happening. Not sure how I feel about the stubby, chibi trainers. Just seems a bit odd in 3D. Yet ORAS trainers seemed fine. I'm kind of neutral on these games. I'm neither excited nor against them yet.

EDIT: Just a thought, but... I wonder if Legends Arceus will have TCG sets themed after it. The TCG doesn't theme main sets off of spin offs, but... is this a spin off or technically along the lines of a main game? If they do make TCG sets, that could be something else I might look forward to.

Last edited:

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Likely the same way they did it ages ago, except now with the possibility of not having to walk to physical events to get it. Connect to the net and voila, (hopefully) free DLC!

Chances are that they either do them by incorporating them into the story, or they won't. Remember, while they integrated Deoxys into ORAS, they didn't integrate Jirachi and in fact, only gave it out as part of the Pokemon 20th anniversary events, which include almost all legendary Pokemon...

Chances are good though, that the Rotom room will just accessible by default since it has been since HGSS.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Are you kidding me, people? The remakes being the way they are instead of the way SW&SH are is amazing!!! The only way it could be better was if they went back to hand-drawn 2D sprites again, so I'll gladly take the next best thing. Those games will actually make me finally buy a Switch. The game I played the most out of all Pokémon games by far, when the title song hit and then the opening song (this one:
) started playing as they showed the characters running around in Sinnoh I almost cried. Best OST in the entire series hands down (and one of my favorite OSTs of any game ever really). So so happy.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I don't really understand the reasoning behind the mobile-game graphics of the remakes. I get it, they want to make it different from the Legends, but it just looks fugly.

Pokemon Legends looks like a tech demo you show to starry-eyed investors after three months of work, not a real game. There's around 10 rigged models, some copy-pasted trees and basic animations. I'd be hopeful if it was anyone but GameFreak.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
So my theories about the cut-off for the SWSH era being the DPP remakes were actually true - there was very little else they could have done, TBH.

I wonder if we will keep getting gigantamax pokemon - to this point we are still missing Gengar, Machamp, Hatterene, Kingler, Duraludon, Melmetal and Sandaconda (also Appletun VMax maybe?).

Maybe they are delaying printing Vmaxes of these pokemon so they can sell sets based on them, but I can't feel but feel concerned that the new focus will be on Sinnoh instead, so we will get YET another Dialga and Palkia themed sets, and may he forgive us, another Arceus card... Please don't remake ADP.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I can't wait to play the Diamond and Pearl remakes. I'm also looking forward to delving into Sinnoh's past on Pokémon Legends: Arceus. I can see the TCG being affected by this as well, with the first Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl set being released in December this year for Japan and February for the West. I wonder if they'll bring Team Galactic Pokémon into it (hopefully as Pokémon with Dark in their names)....