'VMAX Climax' Pokemon TCG Trademark Filed!

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
so EX lasted 5 years (2012-2016)
GX 3 years (2017-2019)
and we are guessing V (or VMAX) are lasting 2 (2020-2021)?

feels a little short if they end V poke that quickly but could see them dropping VMAX as we shift to a region without Dynamax/Gigantamax pokemon.

arulz

THE SEEKER
i hope it's the end. Vmax was about as boring as could be. They couldn't even give abilities or cool secondary effects. Coming off how fun the stage 2 GX's were with the evolving, cool abilities, and cool GX attacks, this was such a bad follow up. Would love a major rework/inspiration, or just moving on.

The Fish

0.o
get ready for 400hp 0 energy attack that does no damage, but for the rest of the game if a pokemon is knocked out you take 3 extra prizes

UrGardevoir_callsmeMaster

Aspiring Trainer
i hope it's the end. Vmax was about as boring as could be. They couldn't even give abilities or cool secondary effects. Coming off how fun the stage 2 GX's were with the evolving, cool abilities, and cool GX attacks, this was such a bad follow up. Would love a major rework/inspiration, or just moving on.
damn bro, vmax hasnt even started, at least wait til rotation. i think once tag team rotate, we could see a new balance, instead of big stage 2s, or big basics, its big stage 1s now.

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
couldnt agree more

The Last Shaymin

Floof
If it ends this early then maybe PTCI is actually listening to that survey they took a while ago

although they still havent banned adp yet

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
I hope we at least get the remaining G-Max mons as cards, unlike megas. Still missing Machamp, Gengar, Kingler, Garbodor, Melmetal, Rillaboom, Cinderace, Inteleon, Appletun, Sandaconda, Hatterene, and Duraludon

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I want to believe this is the end for VMAX cards, but I'm afraid "climax" can also mean "top of"...

Just promise me, if they actually DO de-powercreep the game, you won't complain about "new sets not having useful cards in them". Unless they ban VMAXes, there'll be a painful period of coming back down from ridiculous numbers.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I want to believe this is the end for VMAX cards, but I'm afraid "climax" can also mean "top of"...

Just promise me, if they actually DO de-powercreep the game, you won't complain about "new sets not having useful cards in them". Unless they ban VMAXes, there'll be a painful period of coming back down from ridiculous numbers.
I don't care about Pokemon not being useful. 95% of the pokemon in recent sets have been useless, after all. All I care about is decent trainer cards. THe only trainer cards we have support these big vmax decks and playing something else just leads to having essentially an empty deck if you dont need to run 2 dedenne 2 crobat 4 switch 4 scoop up net 4 metal saucer.

An easy way to solve this is to just realease a basic pokemon that does 200 damage for 1 energy onto vmaxes and tag teams. this will basically solve this mess without actually banning cards.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
An easy way to solve this is to just realease a basic pokemon that does 200 damage for 1 energy onto vmaxes and tag teams. this will basically solve this mess without actually banning cards.
They've already printed Dedenne, Altaria, etc. These types of cards don't completely nullify VMAXes, they do something worse - they make sure only VMAX decks that can afford to box around these "counter Pokemon" are viable.
Not to mention, if they'd go for such an inelegant design, they should just man up and ban them.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
This and the series 8 VGC ruleset confirm my theory: Pokemon generations are dead. Each game is completely self-contained. The Sinnoh remakes will not be Gen 8, will not have every Pokemon currently available in SwSh, and will not have direct compatibility with SwSh. The crapstorm when this is revealed is gonna make Dexit look like nothing.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
They've already printed Dedenne, Altaria, etc. These types of cards don't completely nullify VMAXes, they do something worse - they make sure only VMAX decks that can afford to box around these "counter Pokemon" are viable.
Not to mention, if they'd go for such an inelegant design, they should just man up and ban them.
the thing is that they aren't manning up. THey still haven't banned ADP and things are still looking grim for the future. Stuff like Altaria will never work because you can just play anything else, look at hoopa for example. It wasn't that good because people just ran other pokemon.

An interesting solution i can think of is to make a pokemon like fallinks but actually good

fallinks basic ???hp fighting type

ability: if your opponent has a tag team or a vmax in play your active pokemon does 30 more damage

[C] ram 10 damage

then you can just spam this card onto your bench and choose an attacker of your choosing or attack with fallinks it doesnt matter

arulz

THE SEEKER
This and the series 8 VGC ruleset confirm my theory: Pokemon generations are dead. Each game is completely self-contained. The Sinnoh remakes will not be Gen 8, will not have every Pokemon currently available in SwSh, and will not have direct compatibility with SwSh. The crapstorm when this is revealed is gonna make Dexit look like nothing.

how does this confirm that?

jamestajames

Aspiring Trainer
I thought if they were to end something, it would’ve been when they put out GG End. Climax means “peak”, so for the future, it could just mean it plateaus from there. Not going downward. I’m reaching, but I’m just trying to be optimistic that it means it’ll get better; since everyone thinks Standard is boring right now.