'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

The Fish

0.o
Also, I actually thought that Mimikyu was the cutest ever! It’s just a lonely little guy impersonating Pikachu in order to make friends, hanging out by some flowers in order to get a hug! Isn’t that right, Mimikyu? ;)
And yes, Cheryl is going to be busted with decks like Dragapult VMAX (assuming people still use it anymore?), and given the low HP and OHKOness of single prize evolutions I doubt it will help much. Still it’s worth a try.
I love how you can actually see the cloth texture on the artwork. Makes him seem so surreal

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer
Bronzong seems to be interesting. Aside from the obvious Energy Switch replacement for ADP/Z or LucMetal/Z, it could be used for some hilarious Hyper Potion stall strat. Put a tanky M pokemon on active, tank one hit, move energy from it to the bench, Hyper Potion, move back the energy. This, an in addition to Mallow & Lana supporter.

Also since it doesnt say basic M energy, you can also move Special Coating somewhere else if you need it. Solid card.

edit: Didn't realize Cheryl heals ALL damage from an evolution pokemon! Definitely bonkers (on paper) with the metal VMaxes and this new Bronzong.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
While I'm not a huge fan of repeating Victini and Tapu Koko V, they are two of my favorite Pokemon and they look GREAT so I'll take 'em <3

What really concerns me though is the Supporters - like, it's cool Phoebe and Cheryl are getting their first cards ever, but I swear if we never get Gordie/Melony/Raihan Full Arts for some reason I'm gonna be really upset :/

kingK4RP

Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
The release of these cards, particularly Cheryl, is going to turn the meta-game on its head. Now, Cheryl enables any VMAX deck with the ability to move energy around, like Eternatus VMAX with Weavile GX into a powerhouse that can’t be taken out. I can see some fun plays with Gengar SSH, Dragapult VMAX, and Cheryl as well, but I think Eternatus is what benefits the most. I’m really liking Kricketot V, hopefully it gets a promo card to drop the price, it’s going to be as much of a staple a Dedenne GX and Crobat V, that ability is so good!

kingK4RP

Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
Is there a mistranslation in the Ability on Mimikyu V? You have to play Mimikyu V on the Bench to prevent damage done to it, but effects are removed when Benched, right?
No, that’s not quite how it works. Effects are removed when a Pokémon moves from the Active Spot to the Bench, not when it’s played onto the Bench. So, if you bench Mimikyu V and retreat into it, it’ll keep its immunity. But if you play Escape Rope/Phione, it’ll lose its effect.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Of all the cards I expected to be a staple, I never thought that Pokemon would ever be Kricketune, but awesome nonetheless.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
See, I feel the complete opposite. When I saw Luxray and Zeraora were in the set I thought they could have had a V/VMAX. But not .. let's give Tapu Koko (and Victini) another V (it's second and we're not even half way through the gen). So disappointing.
We've had dupes of Vs before. We just got a second Venusaur, Rillaboom, and Cinderace

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
mimiku+giovanni's scheme+ordinary rod+lillies pokedoll+pal pad=broken deck
Genius? GENIUS!
That’s a really complicated idea, but I think it might just work! Somebody please make a deck list out of this.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Okay, my quick thoughts:

1) Someone is going to figure out a way to break Mimikyu V, Phoebe be damned.

2) I still can't stand the "Rapid Strike" and "Single Strike" labelling on top of the card art. I really hope they move it off the art in the next set or something.

3) Interesting that Bronzong and Cheryl work well together, however I am not aware of any metal type tank decks that use evolved Pokemon at the moment. Maybe Aegislash VMAX or Scizor VMAX in the future or in Expanded? Sturdy Aggron DAA for an unkillable Aggron lol (Ability: "If this Pokémon has full HP and would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, it is not Knocked Out, and its remaining HP becomes 10.")? Damn. That actually might work...

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Alright, I am looking through standard for cards to play with cherrim.
Here's what I found:
Shedinja VIV
Sandile VIV
Stunfisk VIV?
Lugia VIV
Tsareena DAA
Dracozolt DAA
Vikavolt RCL
Bewear RCL
Maractus SSH
Lanturn SSH (+ Surprise box and yell grunt)
Corviknight SSH
Kartana UNB
Alolan Sandslash GX (accelerate to sandshrew)

Of those, these are the card I think have the most potential with cherrim:
Lugia VIV: Marnie fulfills the attack requirement, Jessie James is still in format too.
Maractus SSH: This is the card most people think of when they try to think of a card to abuse with cherrim
Lanturn SSH: This can be a really nice control style deck. It would win off prizes (the attack does 90) but it is pretty easy (near) infinite paralysis.
Kartana UNB: Imagine Azul's Kartana deck but with infinite grass energy attachments every turn.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Bronzong seems to be interesting. Aside from the obvious Energy Switch replacement for ADP/Z or LucMetal/Z, it could be used for some hilarious Hyper Potion stall strat. Put a tanky M pokemon on active, tank one hit, move energy from it to the bench, Hyper Potion, move back the energy. This, an in addition to Mallow & Lana supporter.

Also since it doesnt say basic M energy, you can also move Special Coating somewhere else if you need it. Solid card.

edit: Didn't realize Cheryl heals ALL damage from an evolution pokemon! Definitely bonkers (on paper) with the metal VMaxes and this new Bronzong.

I'm afraid Hyper Potion doesn't work like Max Potion. Hyper Potion can only be used on Pokemon with at least 2 Energy attached.

Stalltar

Aspiring Trainer
Man, can’t wait to try out a mimikyu stall deck in expanded abusing az and acerola + rainbow energy

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Alright, I am looking through standard for cards to play with cherrim.
Here's what I found:
Shedinja VIV
Sandile VIV
Stunfisk VIV?
Lugia VIV
Tsareena DAA
Dracozolt DAA
Vikavolt RCL
Bewear RCL
Maractus SSH
Lanturn SSH (+ Surprise box and yell grunt)
Corviknight SSH
Kartana UNB
Alolan Sandslash GX (accelerate to sandshrew)

Of those, these are the card I think have the most potential with cherrim:
Lugia VIV: Marnie fulfills the attack requirement, Jessie James is still in format too.
Maractus SSH: This is the card most people think of when they try to think of a card to abuse with cherrim
Lanturn SSH: This can be a really nice control style deck. It would win off prizes (the attack does 90) but it is pretty easy (near) infinite paralysis.
Kartana UNB: Imagine Azul's Kartana deck but with infinite grass energy attachments every turn.

The new Venusaur VMAX. You won't even need to attach to Venusaur VMAX. Just spread the energy out on the field and use Energy Switch. And you can also abuse that new Cheryl Card for some tanking

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
The new Venusaur VMAX. You won't even need to attach to Venusaur VMAX. Just spread the energy out on the field and use Energy Switch. And you can also abuse that new Cheryl Card for some tanking
Yeah, I know about venusaur. I just didn't include it because I was just looking through the past sets.

mrpnut03

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I'm already schemin a Primeape-Donphan-Bea deck that could cause all sorts of havoc!

mrpnut03

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
You forgot Shaymin Prism Star.