'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
I imagine you could say the same thing about Crushing Hammer, though - it was always in standard since SUM (appearing in SUM and UPR in addition to SSH). It seems like it's likely to be further reprinted, no?
I don't think that pokemon will reprint it. I think they are much more likely to reprint enhanced hammer with the new swsh special energies that they are printing.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I don't think that pokemon will reprint it. I think they are much more likely to reprint enhanced hammer with the new swsh special energies that they are printing.

Why do you think that? Again, they've kept it in standard since at least SUM, reprinting every year or two. Crushing Hammer is absolutely necessary to enable some deck types (control, for example), and keeping the 'flip' on means it's not too overpowered.

I don't disagree that Enhanced Hammer is also likely to make a comeback sometime in 2021, but that doesn't keep Crushing Hammer out.

Nyora

A Cat
Why do you think that? Again, they've kept it in standard since at least SUM, reprinting every year or two. Crushing Hammer is absolutely necessary to enable some deck types (control, for example), and keeping the 'flip' on means it's not too overpowered.

I don't disagree that Enhanced Hammer is also likely to make a comeback sometime in 2021, but that doesn't keep Crushing Hammer out.
Billowing Fan is coming in this set, it seems kinda wacky for them to print a for the most part always better card after this unless the Enhanced Hammer print would be part of format F, which would rotate after E, which is iirc what Billowing Fan is in. Crushing Hammer has a fair chance of being reprinted, but it's not guaranteed. After all, they did yeet Ultra Ball and DCE out awhile ago, so it's entirely possible we don't get it back.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
I said this on Twitter but that Alternate Art Rapid Strike Urshifu-VMAX is one of the most beautiful cards I've ever seen, definitely one of my top faves of all time tbh <3

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Billowing Fan is coming in this set, it seems kinda wacky for them to print a for the most part always better card after this unless the Enhanced Hammer print would be part of format F, which would rotate after E, which is iirc what Billowing Fan is in. Crushing Hammer has a fair chance of being reprinted, but it's not guaranteed. After all, they did yeet Ultra Ball and DCE out awhile ago, so it's entirely possible we don't get it back.
I completely forgot about billowing fan, now I def think that crushing hammer is not going to get a reprint. It might get a terrible version though like old pc.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
So if I'm not wrong?

Feb set - SHINING FATES
Ditto V/VMAX
Crobat V/VMAX (Via special box)
Cramorant V/VMAX
Bunch of Shiny V/VMAX
Eevee V/VMAX? (Via special box?)

March Set - BATTLE STYLES
Urshifu Rapid Strike V/VMAX
Urshifu Single Strike V/VMAX
Emploeon V
Blaziken V
Galarian Slowking V
Tyranitar V

Plus 6 other V's and 4 other VMAX?

May Set -
Ice Rider Calyrex V/VMAX
Shadow Rider Calyrex V/VMAX

kingK4RP

Who doesn't love a good old Magikarp?
Exp. Share has potential benefits for more than just Amazing Rares. I think it’ll see the most use in Stage 2 decks, as there are many of these Pokémon who require a basic energy + a Twin or a Triple to attack. Exp. Share makes building multiple of them up much easier, so I can see it being played on that front. There are also a lot of a Pokémon currently held back because their attacks require a basic energy and a colorless or two basic energy, Exp. share makes paying those attack costs far more convenient. Also, decks like Zacian V and Boltund V will likely find themselves playing 2-3 Exp. Share to keep the energy flowing, and Exp. Share can negate the need for another Metal Saucer/Turbo Patch, making it more efficient to stream attackers.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Galarian Mr. Rime - it kinda depends on what Poke Ball that we have. Like the "Ball" cards that we have is like 4 rn. The cute thing is its for Twin Energy, good against Fire Decks like Centiskorch, but Fire decks tends to play Heat R Energy that will buff their HP. So 4 Ball cards isn't enough to KO Centiskorch VMAX with 2 Heat R on. The problem is the looping. Sure, Yamper gets you 2, but how about one or two Yamper are prized, what if you need to search for both of them to pull the winning trick, that's the problem here. The looping of dmg that's makes decks like these unplayable because they can spam huge damage every turn. 3-4
  • Yamper/Boltund - Sure Poke Ball is flat out bad, but Great Ball isn't. Aside from aforementioned Mr. Rime, this Yamper can be good as a 1-of in some decks needs minor boost in consistency, you can use Scoop Up Net to reuse it, but until the end of the day, you'll ran out of SUN, what if 3 are prized? You'll getting screwed. Better use of these item for Picking Up Jirachi or some sort. For Boltund, ehh. Jynx, 130 for L, nothing new. It isn't tagged as RS/SS so it doesn't get some boost. You're not even KO a Zacian V. 4/3

Platinum Espresso

Falinks Fanatic
We're also getting Ball Guy, right? Could be a fun, ball based rogue deck. Especially in expanded, with Level and Dive balls to increase consistency and seek out Rimes, and a cavalcade of fodder like Ultra Ball, Nest Ball, Cherish Ball, ect to toss at the opponent.

Last edited:

JaxuTCG

i love swinub
I feel like that Mr. Rime is actually quite nice with the Ball Guy supporter, especially if you're hitting for weakness, this could be a great budget deck when the set gets released.

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
So with a Cincinno / Zoroark GX 4-4 line, 4/4of yamp-boltunds, 4x TEAM MAGMAS SECRET BASE, 4/4 line of electro power AND Electrocharger, and the rest of the deck just ball search cards, 4 crushing hammers, 1 enhanced hammer, 4 Speed lightning, 4 basic energy, 1 koko 1 t.mountain, and possibly a marshadow squeezed in to remove stadiums?

If that doesn't sound like a great 1 prize card deck for Boltund, I dont know what would...

Macke

Master of deckbuilding
The mr time is absolutely terrible when compared to baby blowns and even the stelix from cosmic eclipse. The modifier is only 40x which is like 8-9 cards for a big vmax. It doesn’t have hearth or crystal and relies on yamper. Besides, there are only like 3-4 ball cards in standard and you actually want to play them so you can set up. When you need you t1 mr mime you have to sacrifice 40 damage by Playing quick ball.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
The mr time is absolutely terrible when compared to baby blowns and even the stelix from cosmic eclipse. The modifier is only 40x which is like 8-9 cards for a big vmax. It doesn’t have hearth or crystal and relies on yamper. Besides, there are only like 3-4 ball cards in standard and you actually want to play them so you can set up. When you need you t1 mr mime you have to sacrifice 40 damage by Playing quick ball.

You als have Sonja to search out Basic Pokémon and Scoop Up Net to recycle Yamper. Galarian Mr. Rime may be worth the effort.