New 'V-UNION' Trademark Filed for the Pokemon TCG!

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
I would assume that this is a one-time mechanic so that Calyrex and Galastrier/Spectrier can work together in the TCG, but I think this might be for more than that...

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I think they might go for some sort of "combining" feature like the aforementioned Legend cards. I don't think it'll be 4-prize Pokemon - at some point, additional prizes make zero difference unless it's directly 6 of them. While I wouldn't put it past them, I genuinely believe they see the issues with the current meta and VMAXes were just too far in the design pipeline to scrap and cancel.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
110% this is for the Calyrex fusions.

No doubt about it in my mind.

Question is whether it will work more like a LEGEND or a Tag Team, as others pointed out.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
TPC make single-prize Pokémon actually interesting and useful challenge

Last edited:

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I suspect they have to add the logo in cases where they'd otherwise possibly be denied the trademark, either on generic grounds (Fairy) or perhaps there are others using the word as a mark that they must be clear to differentiate from with art.

Definitely seems like the Calyrex model, in any event; curious if it's single cards or if it's double cards, though.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Taking stabs at a couple possibilities beside the "it's Tag Team VMax". All anticipate we literally just get two V-Union cards, for the two different Calyrexes;

- Ice Rider Calyrex V-UNION and Shadow Rider Calyrex V-UNION are played from your hand and functionally identical to Pokémon-V. I think this is a likely possibility.

- The two V-UNION cards are played from your hand but act more like VMAX (i.e. 3 card prize for KO). I'm out of the loop on the meta right now but I assume this is too broken at this stage in SWSH block. Unless Gen 9 really is going to drop next year, it seems to early to be bringing back TTGX-tier power.

- The two V-UNION cards have to be played on top of Calyrex V; with or without some additional caveat to actually play the card. Which could include either you must discard a Glastrier/Spectrier from your hand, or you must have and also discard a Glastrier/Spectrier from your bench, or some other permutation of a mechanic along those lines.

I think it is *incredibly* unlikely we will see them bring back a LEGEND-esque mechanic.

jWaSiMhE

Aspiring Trainer
Taking stabs at a couple possibilities beside the "it's Tag Team VMax". All anticipate we literally just get two V-Union cards, for the two different Calyrexes;

- Ice Rider Calyrex V-UNION and Shadow Rider Calyrex V-UNION are played from your hand and functionally identical to Pokémon-V. I think this is a likely possibility.

- The two V-UNION cards are played from your hand but act more like VMAX (i.e. 3 card prize for KO). I'm out of the loop on the meta right now but I assume this is too broken at this stage in SWSH block. Unless Gen 9 really is going to drop next year, it seems to early to be bringing back TTGX-tier power.

- The two V-UNION cards have to be played on top of Calyrex V; with or without some additional caveat to actually play the card. Which could include either you must discard a Glastrier/Spectrier from your hand, or you must have and also discard a Glastrier/Spectrier from your bench, or some other permutation of a mechanic along those lines.

I think it is *incredibly* unlikely we will see them bring back a LEGEND-esque mechanic.
If they go along this kind of route. Could this also be used to make Necrozma/Kyurem form V-UNION cards perhaps?