Actual 25th Anniversary Set in Fall 2021, Other Products for 2021!

kingboo64

Aspiring Trainer
A Neo/ex evolutions style set would be pretty nice to have, especially genesis and revelation. Plus even if the set sucks there’s always the Japanese promos that’ll be coming out.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I dunno. This is a bit of a yawn for me. I don't feel nostalgia for card reprints the same way I felt nostalgia when I played ORAS for example. And I was indeed collecting as a kid during the Wizards era.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
A Neo/ex evolutions style set would be pretty nice to have, especially genesis and revelation. Plus even if the set sucks there’s always the Japanese promos that’ll be coming out.
While I say I'd want an Evolutions style reprint of Neo Genesis, it's mainly because it's the Neo set that makes sense, if it did happen. Otherwise, I'd go with Neo Destiny, my favorite set. But even then, Discovery and Revelation were so good too! And man, I'd love an ex era reprint set too... That's why I loved that SM set that had updated "reprints" from Neo, e-series, and ex sets.
I dunno. This is a bit of a yawn for me. I don't feel nostalgia for card reprints the same way I felt nostalgia when I played ORAS for example. And I was indeed collecting as a kid during the Wizards era.

Am I the only one who feels this way?
YES, YOU WEIRDO!! I'm kidding... :p
I don't use the word nostalgic often because I think it's thrown around TOO often. I can play a video game that I played as a kid, and it's great to play it again! But I don't feel nostalgic. It has to really invoke a certain level of adoration in me to make me feel nostalgic. That is the Neo era for me. Even more so than the Gen 1 sets!

Uh... I guess the reason why I started blabbing was while that's me, for you, it was playing ORAS. It's just a difference in taste or interest. (And quite frankly, I don't blame you for being nostalgic for while playing ORAS. I loved those games too!) Also, a Neo reprint might not even happen. It's just a personal wish of mine, and I'm honestly surprised a few others thought the same. We'll see what it is eventually!

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
"We’ve had its product listings for two months, but were asked to withhold posting a story until they appeared publicly online."

Why should I support your site if you gonna openly admit to withholding info from your audience AKA bad reporting. get some integrity and cater to your audience rather than cater to corporate overlords

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
"We’ve had its product listings for two months, but were asked to withhold posting a story until they appeared publicly online."

Why should I support your site if you gonna openly admit to withholding info from your audience AKA bad reporting. get some integrity and cater to your audience rather than cater to corporate overlords
Hey, now! TPCI is allowed to send confidential information, right? PokeBeach is a pretty sizeable site for Pokemon TCG fans, so I can see TPCI doing something like that...

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon

The owners of this site are public. If they want to receive this type of information at all, they must uphold an embargo. That's not "bad reporting", that's standard.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
YES, YOU WEIRDO!! I'm kidding... :p
I don't use the word nostalgic often because I think it's thrown around TOO often. I can play a video game that I played as a kid, and it's great to play it again! But I don't feel nostalgic. It has to really invoke a certain level of adoration in me to make me feel nostalgic. That is the Neo era for me. Even more so than the Gen 1 sets!

Uh... I guess the reason why I started blabbing was while that's me, for you, it was playing ORAS. It's just a difference in taste or interest. (And quite frankly, I don't blame you for being nostalgic for while playing ORAS. I loved those games too!) Also, a Neo reprint might not even happen. It's just a personal wish of mine, and I'm honestly surprised a few others thought the same. We'll see what it is eventually!

Haha, I loved the Neo cards too, and I appreciate the throwback cards / "spiritual successors" once in a while when they happen. But in my humble opinion think Evolutions was "trying too hard" (and Generations was boring, but that's a completely separate issue and unrelated to this convo lol). I personally don't feel the same attraction that many others clearly do to sets like Evolutions. Call it what you want, but that fondness people feel for old cards is pretty well described as nostalgia haha. I feel that sense of fondness about my old collection (which was not impressive at all) and when I see actual old cards, not these reprint replicas.

I totally respect that other people enjoy the TCG reprints though. Clearly people are buying them. Power to you, folks. (But somebody please reduce the power of these new streamers and internet personalities opening Pokemon cards again... please... I can't find stock of anything at reasonable prices any more...). I'm glad Charizard gets all the attention so I can focus on collecting other cards xD

Also I just realized this is all speculation and nowhere did WPM's post mention that these cards would be re-prints or re-makes or whatever you want to call Evolutions haha. So that's nice. I've taken a break from purchasing English cards from the SwSh era. We will indeed see whether this is the set to break that pattern for me.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Haha, I loved the Neo cards too, and I appreciate the throwback cards / "spiritual successors" once in a while when they happen. But in my humble opinion think Evolutions was "trying too hard" (and Generations was boring, but that's a completely separate issue and unrelated to this convo lol). I personally don't feel the same attraction that many others clearly do to sets like Evolutions. Call it what you want, but that fondness people feel for old cards is pretty well described as nostalgia haha. I feel that sense of fondness about my old collection (which was not impressive at all) and when I see actual old cards, not these reprint replicas.

I totally respect that other people enjoy the TCG reprints though. Clearly people are buying them. Power to you, folks. (But somebody please reduce the power of these new streamers and internet personalities opening Pokemon cards again... please... I can't find stock of anything at reasonable prices any more...). I'm glad Charizard gets all the attention so I can focus on collecting other cards xD

Also I just realized this is all speculation and nowhere did WPM's post mention that these cards would be re-prints or re-makes or whatever you want to call Evolutions haha. So that's nice. I've taken a break from purchasing English cards from the SwSh era. We will indeed see whether this is the set to break that pattern for me.
Ah, I can understand that about simply preferring the actual old cards over the new "reprinted" ones. I think part of the enjoyment of Evolutions (and unfortunately why its prices inflated) is that it's like the next best thing to opening up Base set packs again--or, for others, the first time. Even though I was collecting cards during Gen 1, my first pack was of Neo Genesis, and I would love to open more of it--or especially Neo Destiny. Hypothetically, if they "reprinted" either of those sets like Evolutions, it would be satisfying and familiar while technically being a new experience again since it's a new set to collect. But that's just me! Again, totally get where you're coming from. :D

Yeah, all that Neo reprint talk was just speculation. We don't know yet; it could be anything. And yeah, I know what you mean... I stopped collecting the sets after Lost Thunder, and it's been a bit more relaxing getting a few singles or products here and there while focusing on finishing previous sets. But I'd be interested in potentially buying some of this set and/or Shining Fates.

SpunkyBandy

Aspiring Trainer
I’d imagine something more of the HF premium collection since its a VMAX collection... I wonder who it might be...

hopefully not Charizard

but who knows, that’s a big list of products
In all seriousness though, I'm REALLY, really happy to see figure collection boxes are making a comeback.

I was really worried that they might've discontinue them in favour of more stuff like pins and other junk that aren't nearly as impressive and worth the price for the box sets.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if the 25th anniversary set will include modernized versions of DPPtHGSS-era cards, along with the DPPtHGSS card templates(in celebration of the Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl games), along with a one-set return of pokemon LEGENDs(throwback to HGSS TCG version of EX/GX/Vs, and maybe a precursor to V-Union mechanic designed to give players an idea of what to expect come 2022 and the intro of V-Unions into the card game) as well as LEGEND+(new evolved forms of HGSS TCG's LEGEND that make the LEGEND an equivalent of VMAX, as each LEGEND is technically HGSS's version of Pokemon-EX, meaning not as much HP as a VMAX: 170-180 vs. 300-340)? But I doubt that, as players prefer the V brand as it is nowadays, even if the cards are in the DPPt template for the 25th anniversary set...

Anyway, good to speculate, as we don't know what cards will be in the 25th anniversary set as of now...

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Sounds like the deal with the Detective Pikachu set. Not more than 30 cards, all holographic.

JaxuTCG

i love swinub
The cards at least need to be playable, this is something special and not Detective Pikachu 2.