'Pokemon TCG Raid Battle' Game Play Style Announced!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
This looks like nearly an auto-play, with minimal player input. I don't really see a point of this, the game really doesn't need an "easier way to play" at the moment.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Meh, looks too watered down. If there's gonna be sort of a boardgame-ish Pokémon game I would love to see something like Plaid Hat's Summoner Wars, I love that game.

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
This looks like nearly an auto-play, with minimal player input. I don't really see a point of this, the game really doesn't need an "easier way to play" at the moment.
its literally for kids who are bored at home, dont get so upset about it

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
its literally for kids who are bored at home, dont get so upset about it
My 8yo brother can play the regular TCG, not to mention games like Minecraft or Fortnite. Really tired of the argument that "this is a game for kids, because kids are stupid". Kids are some of the most competitive players around. A bad game remains a bad game.

LilTone96

Aspiring Trainer
my question is will Zamezenta V from sword and shield be banned in this format what stops all four players using 8 Zamezenta V's its ability reads that vmax cant damage this pokemon. So the raid boss can't attack it.

arulz

THE SEEKER
very much feels like a game meant for parents to play with their kids or for young kids to play together. Or for beginners to get used to the game.

Probably the best use case based on how they describe "ignore secondary effects of attacks for now" is that this game is for people who don't yet play the card game, and to just start introducing the mechanics to them and the idea that you can actually do things with the cards you keep buying for your kids

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I wouldn't read too much into this. It's just a silly cross promotion with SwSh / Pokemon GO.

Kinda cute because I remember being a kid on summer vacations and stuff dreaming up new ways to play with my Pokemon merch and trying to think up entirely new games that used them. That's what this reminds me of.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
I wouldn't read too much into this. It's just a silly cross promotion with SwSh / Pokemon GO.

Kinda cute because I remember being a kid on summer vacations and stuff dreaming up new ways to play with my Pokemon merch and trying to think up entirely new games that used them. That's what this reminds me of.
its not related to pokemon go

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
My 8yo brother can play the regular TCG, not to mention games like Minecraft or Fortnite. Really tired of the argument that "this is a game for kids, because kids are stupid". Kids are some of the most competitive players around. A bad game remains a bad game.

Yikes, you're always so negative and whiney. Nobody cares what your 8 yr old brother can do, there are plenty of younger children that this is aimed at, and even 8 year olds that would enjoy this. The world doesn't revolve around you.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
3 ways to autowin
Spamming sableye v
Chipping away with zamazenta v, sableye as a finisher maybe
Get 40 damage on and yveltals gx attack
Congrats tpci we broke your new battle mode

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Yikes, you're always so negative and whiney. Nobody cares what your 8 yr old brother can do, there are plenty of younger children that this is aimed at, and even 8 year olds that would enjoy this. The world doesn't revolve around you.
He's right though. Also, you sound insufferable.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Nah, the Trainer's Toolkit is pretty good.
And a bad idea for a mode is still a bad idea for a mode. "Young children" are going to get bored with this before the first match even ends.

LilTone96

Aspiring Trainer
Players play 8 Zamezenta Vs I think there should be specific cards made for this. Dream team would be zamezenta v and sableye v. There should be a turn limit like 20 turns you have to ko this raid boss or you lose like the raid battle in SwSh

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Players play 8 Zamezenta Vs I think there should be specific cards made for this. Dream team would be zamezenta v and sableye v. There should be a turn limit like 20 turns you have to ko this raid boss or you lose like the raid battle in SwSh
20 turns is too much