'Darkness Ablaze Bonus Pack' To Release With a Free Booster Pack!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Bonus pack

Question is - unless this product is extremely limited, why would I ever buy anything else? A box worth of these would be immensely more packs than a regular Booster Box. Why shouldn't I run every event with nothing but Bonus Packs? This is good, but dangerous. It undermines the value of every other product.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
yeah this kind of ruins the point of buying regular packs, you get a pack of the newest set and the pack of a good set thats a little older for the price of one

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Bonus pack

Question is - unless this product is extremely limited, why would I ever buy anything else? A box worth of these would be immensely more packs than a regular Booster Box. Why shouldn't I run every event with nothing but Bonus Packs? This is good, but dangerous. It undermines the value of every other product.

18 of these costs $72 which gets you 18 SwSH and 18 Darkness Ablaze.

For $8 more you can get 36 of Darkness Ablaze if you're savvy enough.

It's good if you don't care about what sets you are going for or need SwSh cards, but it's not immensely better.

Obviously it makes buying regular our of the booster box, boosters, completely redundant, you just wouldn't.

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
I mean this is all well and good but as soon as the hobby stores get their hands on it they will just charge the shelf price for 2 booster packs and we wont be gaining anything as a bonus anyway...

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I mean this is all well and good but as soon as the hobby stores get their hands on it they will just charge the shelf price for 2 booster packs and we wont be gaining anything as a bonus anyway...

Sadly this is probably true but hey, we can dream, right? It's odd but I would certainly love to see it.

If they keep the price low, imo most stores will put limits on how many of these packs people can buy. Limit 5 per customer or something.

On the flipside, I really hope this points to them maybe reducing the price of TCG products as a whole???? Please??

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Maybe TPCI realized that they overprinted on SWSH base and are trying to correct the problem sooner before people realize what is happening.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Maybe TPCI realized that they overprinted on SWSH base and are trying to correct the problem sooner before people realize what is happening.

If this is true I'm glad they're "giving them away" like this instead of charging us for them like the Evolutions packs they expect people to pay for in every single product

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Target/Walmart/etc. will make sure the price of these stays near the MSRP - probably charge $4.29 like they do now for their regular packs. LGSs will have to stay in that ballpark as well or lose business they can't afford to lose right now.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
This is great but wouldnt be surprised to have a, a limited availability and b, probably only at target etc will be great for new players but collectors will buy stores out of these very quickly as ur getting a 2 for 1 deal here - i dont think will damage game much AND clears lots of backlog stock pci may have so we are never in a steam seige/evolutions situation again where boosters are available years after they should be.

Exactly this dont forget we missed the competitive season really and with stores closed sales of swsh would really have dried up, will be tons of stock needing moved quick.