Discussion Front Page Articles

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Hey everyone!

For those who do not know, I’m one of the head of the PokeBeach Premium Article Program.
It’s no news that the COVID-19 crisis has throws the Pokémon world out of place; events are cancelled and unsure how long it’s going to last and effects it could have for future tournaments.

That said, our writers are curious if there are any decks or subjects you would like to see written about.
If you do, send a reply! We’d love to see what ideas you have.

Stay safe, friends!

—Mero

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Since future tournaments are looking pretty far off, articles about the current meta and predictions of what is going to be good moving forwards seem somewhat irrelevant (although that's somewhat harsh of a word) to me right now. Note that I'm not a premium subscriber, but I do read the introductions and value the occasional free article and example lists that come around.

In lieu of the standard meta analysis or tournament recap articles, I would be excited to see articles that described the journey of these top players throughout their experiences with Pokemon -- from when they first started out, to where they are now. What their first tournament was, their first deck, who they had supporting them when they first started, why and how they made it into the top-level competitive scene, etc etc.

I understand that for some people this might be a bit too personal, but I would really like to see how people broke into that top level and what it takes to do so, so that if/when I start to more heavily invest both time and money into competitive play I know what to expect. :)

I'm not sure if this is something I alone would like, or if there are people out there who are also interested in that sort of thing -- it would be good to hear everyone else's thoughts on this!

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
I think it'd be cool to explore alternate formats for casual play. I know a lot of players get tired of the GX centric metas that standard and expanded have so looking at different ways to play would be a refreshing change of pace for a lot of players. Formats like U150 or cube drafting are some that come to mind but really anything would be great.

Otaku

The wise fool?
I think it'd be cool to explore alternate formats for casual play. I know a lot of players get tired of the GX centric metas that standard and expanded have so looking at different ways to play would be a refreshing change of pace for a lot of players. Formats like U150 or cube drafting are some that come to mind but really anything would be great.

How about 30-Card, 2-on-2, or Team Battle? Yeah, they just alter an existing Format and it might be they're dominated by the exact same decks, but these fun Formats used to be established enough that there were actually official rules for them (last published in November of 2017).