'VMAX Rising,' Japan's February Set!

Salan

Aspiring Trainer
Why does no one consider the Nuzzle deck with Boltund V.

More damage then the nuzzle Raichu (+10 damage per energy), non evolution (don't need 4 pika's anymore), and can spam so much electric energy with nuzzle effect to pump its damage.

Way better then running it with the pika/raichu other then being a two prizer, but it will 1 shot everything with electropowers.

I can't be the only person who considered this card beyond Pikarom.

CaptainJuuice

Aspiring Trainer
Why do the Ultra Rares look so bland? I think the full arts are pretty good but the base V cards are terrible imo

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
And there go the hopes and dreams of a third (and fourth) Skyla full art. lol But honestly, if there were only going to be two full art Supporters in the set, it should be Sonia and Milo. Give the new characters their full arts.

Clam

Almost decent
And there go the hopes and dreams of a third (and fourth) Skyla full art. lol But honestly, if there were only going to be two full art Supporters in the set, it should be Sonia and Milo. Give the new characters their full arts.
still kind of sad that we cant have a 3rd

Scoop

Literally a sheep
That Rillaboom Full Art is crazy good-these SwSh era FA's are such a massive step up in quality. I haven't been collecting in a while but I might just have to start up again...

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
I can't believe we spent so long with those crappy Sun and Moon full arts. Why did they think a single, bland color was a good background rather than doing something like this to continue X and Y's legacy? I hope whoever made that big choice to change full arts was fired. They made a stupid ass choice. But hey, these are all beautiful, so we can just put sun and moon behind us.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I don't think the Gen 8 (Pokemon) full arts aren't any better than Gen 7's. Gen 7 ones are at least consistent in that every type will always have the same colored background. Gen 8's are the same bland style only with often ugly and clashing color combinations like neon green for a pale purple Pokemon like Indeedee or pink for Inteleon. Some of these honestly would have looked better following the SM-era blueprint.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
I have a theory based on this new Frosmoth.

1. Why would they do that? They have never ever made a gold card of anything but a card that's naturally an ultra rare.
2. This is my theory. We all know that Frosmoth is doing very well in Japan. I think they're gonna do a golden, shiny card every set based on a single (OR multiple, we never know) card that did really well in the set before it. Why else would they randomly do this out of nowhere? When has there ever been a golden card of a non-ultra rare? And why is it Frosmoth?
I would like to say I'll be surprised if anyone doesn't believe me, but....Pokemon fans continue to baffle me time and time again. I have been right so many times and each and every one I'm shunned like a lard-ass.

Fawnlily

Aspiring Trainer
I have a theory based on this new Frosmoth.

1. Why would they do that? They have never ever made a gold card of anything but a card that's naturally an ultra rare.
2. This is my theory. We all know that Frosmoth is doing very well in Japan. I think they're gonna do a golden, shiny card every set based on a single (OR multiple, we never know) card that did really well in the set before it. Why else would they randomly do this out of nowhere? When has there ever been a golden card of a non-ultra rare? And why is it Frosmoth?
I would like to say I'll be surprised if anyone doesn't believe me, but....Pokemon fans continue to baffle me time and time again. I have been right so many times and each and every one I'm shunned like a lard-ass.

They have done gold SRs of regular holo rares before. For instance Legendary Treasures with Resh and Zec.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
This Frosmoth UR feels almost cynical. They've released a card that's obviously extremely good, possibly even too good. Now they are releasing a gold version of it, in a different set as well.
Dunno, I prefer when players find the best decks and strategies, rather than getting them on a silver plate.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
If they keep including cards from previous sets as SRs like Frosmoth, they'll be bounded with a regulation letter like this Frosmoth again, Frosmoth is a "D" Block card. Assuming SWSH4a is being included in SWSH5 in US in February, even they reprint cards from the previous sets, like this Frosmoth again, they're still "D" block cards. Remember, We are now adapting the Block system that Japan is doing now.

Wechselbalg

brb
Hooo boy TPCi really want Frosmoth to be meta and bring in lots of $$$ - this is the first golden rare print of a regular, non-trainer pokemon card in a very long time.