Worlds 2020 To Be Held at ExCeL London!

Kenatta_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Going to be expensive for sure though as London is much more expensive than anywhere in the US. A lot of people are going to have to pay a lot more to go if they live anywhere other than Europe. It is much cheaper to fly and stay in the US from places like Asia and South America than it is for them to fly/stay in London. Of course it is much more expensive as well for anyone in the US, which seems to be where a good portion of the players are. I wonder if that will result in lower turn out this year.

I guess the big question now is will rotation happen again before Worlds like last year? My guess is yes, and I would also bet sw & sh 3 will also be legal for that tournament, making it a totally blind meta. It seems like they want to make the playing field more even imo.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I'm gonna be keeping my fingers crossed to at LEAST make it there as a spectator. There's nowhere around me to play, I don't have a deck atm, so my chances of competing are quite low, but i'll be happy if I can at least make it down for a day to watch! (Shouldn't be too hard, I live OUTSIDE London! XD)

Plus they've also got the Pokémon Center pop up there again, and pending that it's not a complete shambles like the one in the shopping center, maybe I'll be able to snag some stuff :p

Demitrius

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Going to be expensive for sure though as London is much more expensive than anywhere in the US. A lot of people are going to have to pay a lot more to go if they live anywhere other than Europe. It is much cheaper to fly and stay in the US from places like Asia and South America than it is for them to fly/stay in London. Of course it is much more expensive as well for anyone in the US, which seems to be where a good portion of the players are. I wonder if that will result in lower turn out this year.

I guess the big question now is will rotation happen again before Worlds like last year? My guess is yes, and I would also bet sw & sh 3 will also be legal for that tournament, making it a totally blind meta. It seems like they want to make the playing field more even imo.

London is not that expensive even with flights just be flexible with travel plans, and do not splurge because there are many things to do in London. It is my favorite city in the world should plan to book it for a week to truly explore some sites before playing all weekend

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Pokedad question...

My son has qualified in the juniors, and he has autism and can struggle with anxiety in big events. Do I need a spectator pass to be near to support him or is there exceptions for parents?

Kenatta_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Pokedad question...

My son has qualified in the juniors, and he has autism and can struggle with anxiety in big events. Do I need a spectator pass to be near to support him or is there exceptions for parents?
My son (junior) and daughter (senior) are both going to London to play as they have both achieved the necessary points, so I get the Pokedad questions. I also judge tournaments. That being said, typically parents are not allowed near the playing area during matches at regionals/internationals/worlds. A spectator pass would only get you to a certain area, which may not be anywhere near as close as you would like. If I were you I would contact Pokémon directly via Pokémon.com (customer service link at the bottom) to ask about a specific accommodation. My suspicion is they have certain accommodations that are available under certain conditions. They should be able to provide you more information about that.