• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard CEC Mally Box

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Well, I've been holding this list for a while and I am going to finally release it to you guys.
I know that there will be haters.
The deck works, it is good, do not say it is trash.

##Pokémon - 21

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 1 Ultra Necrozma CEC 164
* 2 Ultra Necrozma-GX PR-SM 126
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 1 Zebstrika LOT 82
* 3 Jirachi TEU 99
* 1 Blacephalon PR-SM 221
* 1 Gengar & Mimikyu-GX TEU 186
* 1 Giratina LOT 97
* 4 Inkay FLI 50
* 1 Latios-GX UNM 78
* 4 Malamar FLI 51

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 1 Beast Ring FLI 102
* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 1 Viridian Forest TEU 156
* 4 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 3 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 2 Escape Board UPR 122
* 3 Switch BCR 135
* 1 Great Catcher CEC 192
* 4 Rosa CEC 204
* 4 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Island Challenge Amulet CEC 194

##Energy - 10

* 7 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8
* 3 Metal Energy Energy 8

TCGO formats it weird, sorry.

Matchups:
Mewmew:
Favorable
The ultra necrozma combo with beast ring and 2 mally makes it easy to ko the one with weakness guard energy and then I hit weakness after that. They just can't keep up.

Pikarom:
Favorable
Ultra necrozma shines again but I don't even need the beast ring. Just 3 mally in play and then my ultra kos everything. Then, after the the ultra, I latios them and then they have to get the zeraora out. When they manage to ko the latios, then I have the baby ultra which makes the game pretty much locked up because I can then blace on the following turn for ko on the zeraora or just get another ultra gx powered up for game. Like mewmew, they just can't keep up.

ADP:
50/50
If I can get the clear vision off before they gx, it is favorable. If I can't, I just lose. Gengar is very good in this matchup to ko an ADP lategame. Keldeo is the real problem.

ABZard:
Favorable
Basically the same as mewmew and pikarom. I can easily ko their tag teams and they run out of non gxs quickly.

Mally:
50/50
Because I am playing ultra, I would say I was a little (very tiny bit) favored. Also because I am more experienced with mally, I usually can outplay them. You have to play around the blacephalon turn. And they are trying to play around your blace turn. So it is a dangerous dance of not wanting to ko stuff when we are at 4 prizes. With ultra, I can actually go in with the blace early and get mally ready to be sky scorching light-ed. With a few tina pings, I can set up 3-4 prizes off the ultra to finish the game.

Pidgeotto Control:
Unfavorable
It really comes down to your opponent's list. The goal is to get zebstrika out off the ditto and then sit pretty from there. The problem is that if they have a counter to zeb, you are screwed. Wobb, spiritomb, and froslass are all counters. Froslass can be played around if they evolve it from ditto because blace snipes 40, though.

Gardeon:
Slightly Favorable
The game plan is to use gengar and mimikyu's horror house on turn 2. Then, if they have 6 trainers, you win (basically) and if they don't, you lose (basically). 6 out of 8 is a lot but it is greens, they have 6 pokemon (1-2 in play) and 9 energy (1-3 in play).

Blacephalon GX:
?
Haven't played against it in CEC format. Will update when I do.

Greenzard:
Favorable
Volcanions die easily and latios does work after. Ultra/beast ring is busted. Gengar hits for a lot late game. This is a very good matchup. I don't know what else to say.

Baby Blace:
Extremely Favorable
Even if you brick for a while, they have 3 prizes on the table if you ultra.

Doll Stall:
Unfavorable
Blace is countered by sky pillar. Ultra is countered by latios. You get to attack with a sniping attack once because of forest, and then you lose. I also need to test this more...

TinaChomp:
?
Haven't played against it enough to honestly know if it is good or not.

LucaMelmetal:
?Haven't played against it enough to honestly know if it is good or not.

Last edited:
Basically,
“This deck is good, don’t criticize it”
What
If you can’t take criticism don’t post it online for many people to see.

I didn't say to not criticize it.
I said to not call it trash.
Because I've heard enough of that...

Anyway, going to post matchups now.
The reason I am posting now is because on sunday I went 2-1 at a cup for 4th with it and my senior competitive scene is bonkers.
Lots of really good players.
The result has made me confident that this deck is at least ok, if not good.

Last edited:
Five+ of those matchups are irrelevant and they are generally good, so say goodbye to some good matchups mattering. You are also missing some newly relevant matchups.

Five+ of those matchups are irrelevant and they are generally good, so say goodbye to some good matchups mattering. You are also missing some newly relevant matchups.
I haven't been testing in a while.
What new matchups are you talking about?

Back