Discussion Vaporeon AOR with misty and lorelei

Otaku

The wise fool?
prop exeggcute makes misty and lorelei almost free
vaporeon makes your stage 1 pokemon water type
magcargo GX, honchkrow GX, articuno GX, naganadel GX(unified minds)
this seems busted to me
i dont know how to end this
but i hope you enjoyed my haiku

While intriguing, after examining the Magcargo-GX option for viability, I'm guessing most of these aren't as "broken" as they seem. You're always giving up a Supporter and an attack to spam your GX-attack each turn; even with additional help suggested in later posts, these are still real costs. For example:

• Magcargo (COE) can discard two cards for one Energy; Team Rocket's Handiwork is a Supporter that has you flip two coins, then discard two per heads. That or you can build a deck resistant to self-mill and try to spam Bellelba & Brycen-Man. If there's a Stage 1 that can copy GX-attacks from your own Charizard-GX (BUS), "Raging Out-GX" is actually worth the hassle, I think.
  • Honchkrow-GX lets you see your opponent's hand and discard two of your choice, but if Abilities are up and running and Items aren't locked down, is that enough for Expanded?
  • I haven't played Expanded in a while... has it changed from a Format where a good deal of decks attack for a single Energy attachment, or else can pull off multiple Energy attachments in a single turn?
  • If your opponent can exceed an average of one Prize per turn and have a sustainable deck, Naganadel-GX (UNM) and its "Injection-GX" attack is a bargain for them, not you. Remember, you're not taking any Prizes while doing this...
It is an interesting concept in general. Oh, one more question:

Is that actually a haiku? I have a mild interest in them but am not very knowledgeable, but that doesn't look to follow the proper formatting.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Most expanded decks are turbo/use minimal attachments. Archies has blastoise. Reshizard has welder. Mewmew has dce and dimension valley.
Sigh
I miss when double attachment was good.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
While intriguing, after examining the Magcargo-GX option for viability, I'm guessing most of these aren't as "broken" as they seem. You're always giving up a Supporter and an attack to spam your GX-attack each turn; even with additional help suggested in later posts, these are still real costs. For example:

• Magcargo (COE) can discard two cards for one Energy; Team Rocket's Handiwork is a Supporter that has you flip two coins, then discard two per heads. That or you can build a deck resistant to self-mill and try to spam Bellelba & Brycen-Man. If there's a Stage 1 that can copy GX-attacks from your own Charizard-GX (BUS), "Raging Out-GX" is actually worth the hassle, I think.
  • Honchkrow-GX lets you see your opponent's hand and discard two of your choice, but if Abilities are up and running and Items aren't locked down, is that enough for Expanded?
  • I haven't played Expanded in a while... has it changed from a Format where a good deal of decks attack for a single Energy attachment, or else can pull off multiple Energy attachments in a single turn?
  • If your opponent can exceed an average of one Prize per turn and have a sustainable deck, Naganadel-GX (UNM) and its "Injection-GX" attack is a bargain for them, not you. Remember, you're not taking any Prizes while doing this...
It is an interesting concept in general. Oh, one more question:

Is that actually a haiku? I have a mild interest in them but am not very knowledgeable, but that doesn't look to follow the proper formatting.
i was going for a control toolbox deck using all 3, if you can get unfair gx t1 and lock your opponent out of the game you can then control with hiker and other attackers for better control, you dont have to use a gx attack every turn. magcargo is good for milling on turns where you dont have anything better to do. and tapu fini gx fixes the archie matchup to an extent

and no, thats not actually haiku, it just somewhat resembled it so i said that

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Here's a list I came up with. Honestly, it's not really impressive - the list is actually very tight and doesn't have much room for a draw engine. That said, I am not very verse when it comes to Expanded draw engines, so I'm sure you can make a much better deck.

POKEMON (22)
1x Ditto Prism Star

2x Purrloin
2x Liepard

2x Eevee UPR
2x Vaporeon

2x Magnemite
2x Magnezone

4x Exeggcute
2x Dialga-GX

3x Shaymin-EX

SUPPORTER (12)

4x Professor Sycamore
2x Professor Juniper
3x Misty & Lorelei
3x Will

ITEM (21)

4x Nest Ball
2x Trick Coin
1x Dark Patch
2x Rare Candy
4x Bicycle
2x Adventure Bag
2x Timer Ball
2x Switch
2x VS Seeker

ENERGY (5)

3x Darkness Energy
2x Double Colorless Energy

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Thats a decent list but we need to fit zoro and computer search in there.
(Or dowsing machine but i dont like that card!)

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
@Yaginku , you can’t play both Sycamore and Juniper in the same deck, and even if you could, you wouldn’t be allowed to run more than 4 copies of that combination, since it’s the same card.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
-4 bicycle
+2 acro bike
+1 lele
+1 computer search
-2 trick coin
+2 float stone
-2 juniper
-1 adventure bag
+1 misty lorlei
+2 vs seeker
-2 timer ball
-2 switch
+4 ultra ball
-4 nest ball
+1 brigette
+3 battle compressor
-1 dark patch
-1 sycamore
+1 zorua
+1 zoroark gx

problem with this deck is wayyyy too many pokémon lol.

Otaku

The wise fool?
@Yaginku , you can’t play both Sycamore and Juniper in the same deck, and even if you could, you wouldn’t be allowed to run more than 4 copies of that combination, since it’s the same card.

Professor Juniper and Professor Sycamore cannot be run in the same deck because they created a special rule just for those two cards. Other instances of cards with "Different name, same everything else" can be run together; you can run four Cheren, four Hau, and four Tierno in the same Expanded Format deck... they just aren't worth using together so folks don't. The-powers-that-be feared being able to run Professor Juniper and Professor Sycamore together in the same deck, especially while both were Standard Format legal, would prove "too good".

The rest is a bit of a tangent so...

There is a chance this could change with Sword & Shield, given "Professor's Research" has already been revealed in Japanese. It is a Supporter that has you discard your hand and then draw seven cards, and the art features Professor Magnolia. Her name is also printed on the card, but not in the card's own name. It is a bit like how Ultra Beasts have a label that isn't part of the card name. Here's hoping we receive an errata for Professor Juniper and Professor Sycamore to bring them in line with this approach, or else they'll have to expand the "special rule" to include Professor's Research. XP

If we're really lucky, they'd hit Professor Oak as well, showing some support for Unlimited play as well. With Erika having been nerfed via re-release as a Supporter, it has me wondering...

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
Why? Trick Coin does the exact same thing. It's true that a Tool is more vulnerable, but that's not really an issue with infinite turns.
I'd much rather take the extra bench space to play more Shaymin-EXs.
i completely forgot trick coin was a tool hahaaa

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Why? Trick Coin does the exact same thing. It's true that a Tool is more vulnerable, but that's not really an issue with infinite turns.
I'd much rather take the extra bench space to play more Shaymin-EXs.
Fliptini is searchable and trick coin is not.