New 'Sword & Shield' Info Tomorrow in Nintendo Direct!

Very nice. As much as I enjoy hearing about new Pokemon and new mechanics, hopefully they can keep most of them a secret before the games release. I personally wouldn't mind them keeping the starters final evolutions a secret, since that's something they haven't done before.

Sword and Shield is probably near the bottom on my list of what I'm looking out for for this direct (I'm more interested in new projects, and a possible smash reveal), but I'm still interested in seeing what happens with SwSh news. Starter middle evos probably.

Rare to see Pokemon news in a normal direct these days... they probably want to announce stuff like limited edition consoles and products to a wider audience for the most part.

Really was hoping this September direct was going to copy last year's setup like this:
Game reveal trailer like pikmin or new 3d mario -> Ports of old games like Gamecube classics -> news about upcoming titles (including those coming early next year like AC) -> online anniversary annoucement: upgrades to online services and recent games getting patched to have better online like Mario Party online boards and MM2 coop and versus with friends -> Big game title reveal for next year

Half of this could still happen, and even though the focus is 2019 games, we could still get a few minutes near the end of other stuff to keep more people happy like a small new AC trailer or a new game title drop

inb4 Super Mario Sunshine 2!!

As for Pokemon, I forgot what it was like to have Pokemon stuff mixed in with the normal Direct. Do they ever reveal super significant stuff when they mix it in? Maybe gameplay / storyline moreso than Pokemon but I don't see why they'd pass up the chance to quickly drop a new Pokemon and/or a Galarian forme. Ten more weeks!!

Gimme Galarian Golisopod, Volcarona, Honchkrow, Bisharp, Tsareena, Magnezone, Scizor and Breloom..all of them.

All I want is some Galarian forms (Umbreon plz!) and some brand new Pokémon and some new Evolutions!

Gimme Galarian Golisopod, Volcarona, Honchkrow, Bisharp, Tsareena, Magnezone, Scizor and Breloom..all of them.
Golisopod and Tsareena are confirmed to be in the Galar dex so no Galar forms for them.

If not the starters that we are expecting, I expect:
  • Zacian and Zamazenta's typings, abilities, everything (that could affect what we expect on their Pokemon V cards)
  • Redebut of Meltan and Melmetal with a functioning abilities unlike on LGPE. Magnet Pull for Meltan and Iron Fist for Melmetal
  • New Pokemon of course.

I wasn't thrilled by the weird-looking mimic, but Cramorant gives me will to live.

Still won't buy the game, but I look forward to their V card.

We lost half of the Pokemon for a curry dex

Anyways, I like the two pokemon revealed. They're pretty cool, the teapot is a little cutie and the pelican is so goofy lookin' I love him. Still not getting the game, but they're pretty nice designs and I appreciate that.

BUT WHO CARES POKEMON SCHMOKEMON, WE GOT MORE SMASH CHARACTERS IN DEVELOPMENT, PHOENIX WRIGHT'S STILL GOT A CHANCE BABY!!

Cramorant seems cool. Polteageist looks like some deranged thing out of Alice in Wonderland. I don’t see the point and it’s name and design seems like they’re running out of ideas.

Back