Help Going to League Cup on Sat, What Post-Rotation Deck Should I Play?

Cati

Aspiring Trainer
Please help, I'm deciding on Reshizard, Pikarom, or Dark Box. I have a Lot March Beasts deck built just in case, but I'm open to all opinions. Thanks!

UWU

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
What do you know the best and know how to play the best? Any of those could be successful, depending on the local meta.

Cati

Aspiring Trainer
What do you know the best and know how to play the best? Any of those could be successful, depending on the local meta.
I have to say I've play tested most of the potential top decks for worlds, which are now up on the official site, and I think I'm going to lean towards Reshizard. What techs do anyone recommend? Ninetales? Volcanion?

UWU

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Greens, I think you play volcanion every day of the week. Jirachi, it's more questionable. The Worlds lists are pretty good, I think. What else you play really depends on the meta though. Ninetales would be nice if you see a lot of those Shedninja control decks I guess, but otherwise is probably taking too much space and time to use (you need, like, 2-4 Pokémon plus several Pokémon Communications to enable it).

Cati

Aspiring Trainer
I may end up playing Kaya's deck with a few mods and see how that goes, but idk what mods to make! Arrgh so many things to test!

Did I forget to mention its a Win a Box tournament too? Gotta get my spirits up high to win that Unified Box!

UWU

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
You talking about the Good Games challenge? :) I'm vaguely considering going myself... not with Reshizard though, I played that at one tournament and couldn't melt American cheese with it. Sigh.

Cati

Aspiring Trainer
hey, you're going to that too? Maybe I'll see you there! I'm a Senior who's probably going to be wearing a random anime shirt and has an Eeveelutions Playmat. What deck are you running? You don't have to say if you don't want too.

UWU

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I honestly don’t know; PikaRom is what I should play if I follow my own advice I suppose.

Cati

Aspiring Trainer
What the heck is a "UWU", is my old showing?
yes, this is the anime inspired "kawaii-desu" face, Corrected to its reproduced, CatiWings' format, the UWU. Hence, this can be used in succession without awkwardness in forums or chats of any kind. ex: UWUWUWUWUWUWU

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I have to say I've play tested most of the potential top decks for worlds, which are now up on the official site, and I think I'm going to lean towards Reshizard. What techs do anyone recommend? Ninetales? Volcanion?
UWU
I have not seen any World tournament players' lists, but from my personal experience, the Green's Reshizard variant is a very good deck with 2 very good main options (IMO): with or without Ninetales. Volcanion is THE best starter and should be run in either variant, IMO. I'd suggest building and testing both variants. Then you can select the one that best suits your play-style.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I have not seen any World tournament players' lists, but from my personal experience, the Green's Reshizard variant is a very good deck with 2 very good main options (IMO): with or without Ninetales. Volcanion is THE best starter and should be run in either variant, IMO. I'd suggest building and testing both variants. Then you can select the one that best suits your play-style.

You can't play Green's with Ninetales, or at least it would be very ... odd. You'd only play Ninetales with Jirachi, in my opinion.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
You can't play Green's with Ninetales, or at least it would be very ... odd. You'd only play Ninetales with Jirachi, in my opinion.
Interestingly enough, I've actually did play Ninetales in a Green's Reshizard list. The Ninetales was only used when needed mid-late game; till then, I could use Green's. This was just a short-lived experiment that seemed viable/reasonable 40% of my test games.