Worlds 2019 Pikachu Plush Revealed!

Lol thats what I thought first as well - or is it maybe a new 8th gen mon on his hat?

I was debating if I would spectate this year at Worlds. I had previously decided against it... but then changed my mind and got my pass.

Now I feel I have made the right decision. I will be buying SO MUCH FOSSIL MERCH!

I feel like they're really reaching for a theme, I know Washington is pretty much White House, politics. I feel like the fossil theme could have fitted in with a more appropriate location if they wanted to do the museum thing it should have been more scholarly/professory rather than archeologyish

I feel like they're really reaching for a theme, I know Washington is pretty much White House, politics. I feel like the fossil theme could have fitted in with a more appropriate location if they wanted to do the museum thing it should have been more scholarly/professory rather than archeologyish

The Smithsonian is located in Washington DC. Also, the theme is paleontology, not archaeology. If it were archaeology the featured pokémon would have been Cofagrigus, Sigilyph, or some other "ancient culture" inspired pokémon. Fossils are paleontology. ;)

No it had other stuff in the background

I just looked it up, it's not terrible. However, pikachu is just wearing a cape and a wrestler belt in front of a logo that kind of looks like the UN with some legendary silhouettes.

I like this art better, although I am biased given I'm a natural history curator at a museum and paleontologist. Legendaries get plenty of representation in things. So do the cutesy-mons and starters. It's nice to see the fossil pokémon getting some love... and as fossil skeletons no less. Perfect.

Back