TCG Fakes Platinum Teamwork: Image Based Set

DoubleAACE

Professional Lurker
This set is being made specifically for the DPPt Lackey format, adding some specific counters and interactions with existing cards, as well as trying to speed/spice things up a bit. This is mostly achieved by adding support Pokémon, as well as reintroducing Pokémon SP, with an engine somewhere in between old SP and Holon. Oh yeah, and a buttload of Trainers.

All spoilers are done, as are placements, so I just gotta make/find art for them.

Current Progress: 7/110
In Progress: (PLT Recalibrate #086)

Blanks from @AwesomeEevee and @The Ωmega One

Aggron - HP 140 [M]
Stage 2 - Lairon
[M][C] Topple 30+. You may discard a Stadium card in play. If you do, this attack does 30 damage plus 20 more damage and attach a [M] Energy from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokemon.
[M][M][C][C] Horn Spear 80. This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
Weakness: [R]+30
Resistance: [P]-20
Retreat Cost: 4
dd81398-257f89e7-d677-48e9-a09e-c927dfa2b409.png
Braviary - HP 80 [C]
Stage 1 - Rufflet
Poke-Power: Last-Minute Hero. If Braviary is in your hand and your last Pokemon in play would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, you may use this power. Put Braviary from your hand onto your Bench before discarding that Pokemon.
[C][C][C] Winged Strike 60.
Weakness: [L]+20
Resistance: [F]-20
Retreat Cost: 1
Gengar - HP 100 [P]
Stage 2 - Haunter
Poke-Body: Poison Tag. While Gengar is your Active Pokemon, each player's Poisoned Pokemon can't Retreat.
[P][P][C] Sludge Bomb 50. The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.
Weakness: [P]+30
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: 0
Gyarados GL - HP 100 [W]
Basic
[W][C] Sweep Away 20. Your opponent switches the Defending Pokemon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokemon. This attack does 20 damage the new Active Pokemon.
[W][C][C] Brine 40+. If the Defending Pokemon has at least 4 damage counters on it, this attack does 40 damage plus 40 more damage.
Weakness: [L]x2
Resistance: [F]-20
Retreat Cost: 2
Jirachi - HP 60 [M]
Basic
Poke-Power: Wish of Friendship. Once during your turn, when you put Jirachi from your hand onto your Bench, you may seach your deck for a Pokemon, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[C] Iron Star 20. You may discard Jirachi and all cards attached to it.
Weakness: [R]x2
Kingdra GL - HP 80 [W]
Basic
[C] Leading Draw. Draw 1 card for each of your Benched Pokemon SP.
[W][W] Hydro Shuffle 10x. Search your discard pile for as many basic [W] Energy cards as you like, show them to your opponent, and this attack does 10 damage for each basic [W] Energy card you chose. Put those cards on top of your deck. Shuffle your deck afterward.
Weakness: [L]x2
Resistance:
Luxray - HP 130 [L]
Stage 2 - Luxio
[L] Chain Bolt 30. This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Basic Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
[L][L][C] Violent Shock 30+. This attack does 30 damage plus 10 more damage for each damage counter on the Defending Pokemon.
Weakness: [F]+30
Resistance: [M]-20
Meganium - HP 130 [G]
Stage 2 - Bayleef
Poke-Body: Herbal Heroics. At any time between turns, remove 1 damage counter from each Poisoned Pokemon (both yours and your opponent's).
[G][C] Soothing Aroma 30. The Defending Pokemon is now Asleep.
[G][G][C] Leaf Storm 50. Remove 2 damage counters from each of your [G] Pokemon.
Weakness: [R]+30
Resistance: [W]-20
Stage 2 - Metang
[P] Psy-Cycle 10x. This attack does 10 damage times the number of [P] Pokemon in your discard pile. Shuffle all [P] Pokemon from your discard pile into your deck.
[P][P][C] Resonant Blow 50x. This attack does 50 damage times the number of Metagross you have in play.
Weakness: [P]+30
Resistance:
Omastar - HP 120 [W]
Stage 2 - Omanyte
Poke-Body: Storm Heal. At any times between turns, remove 1 damage counter from each of your Pokemon. You can’t use more than 1 Storm Heal Poke-Body between turns.
[W][W][C] Surf 60.
Weakness: [G]+30
Resistance:
Steelix GL - HP 100 [M]
Basic
[M] Steel Storm. Put 1 damage counter on each Pokemon in play, (both yours and your opponent's) (excluding Pokemon SP).
[M][M][C] Steel Jaw 60.
Weakness: [R]x2
#013 Arcanine
#014 Carnivine
#015 Dragonite C
#016 Flareon
dd812v2-803bb186-f04b-4dfb-a1cf-f0d93a81fa9d.png
#018 Gliscor
#019 Houndoom 4
#020 Jolteon
#021 Lumineon
#022 Lunatone GL
#023 Metagross C
#024 Pachirisu
#025 Pyroar
#026 Raichu GL
#027 Roserade
#028 Sadslash
#029 Solrock GL
#030 Vaporeon
#031 Bayleef
#032 Cacturne
#033 Camerupt GL
#034 Gastrodon C
#035 Haunter
#036 Lairon
#037 Ludicolo GL
#038 Luxio
#039 Magcargo
#040 Manectric GL
#041 Metang
dd812hb-69942d95-715d-456d-8722-338687542891.png
#043 Nidoking GL
#044 Probopass GL
#045 Roselia
#046 Victreebel GL
#047 Aron
#048 Beldum
#049 Budew
#050 Chatot
#051 Cacnea
#052 Chikorita
#053 Eevee
#054 Finneon
#055 Gastly
#056 Girafarig 4
#057 Gligar
#058 Gimer
#059 Growlithe
#060 Litleo
#061 Machamp 4
dd813dv-d9c84a42-2e32-4ab9-bd64-4d50fde95062.png
#063 Omanyte
#064 Rufflet
#065 Sadshrew
#066 Shiftry 4
#067 Shinx
#068 Slugma
#069 Weezing 4
ddcpt8v-d01ce987-7195-4b99-ad80-281f50609735.png
Cab Driver - Supporter
Search your deck for a Trainer card, a Supporter card, and a Stadium card, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
Candice's Rescue - Supporter
Put 1 of your Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your hand.
Cinnabar Scientist - Supporter
Choose a Trainer card from your hand, show it to your opponent, and put it on top of your deck. Then, search your deck for a Pokemon that evolves from that Trainer card and put it onto your Bench. Treat the new Benched Pokemon as a Basic Pokemon.
Current Overload - Stadium
Each [L] Pokemon in play pays [C] less to Retreat.
Elite Four Aaron - Supporter
Search your deck for up to 2 in combination of Basic Pokemon and Pokemon LV.X, and a Trainer card that has Pokemon League Toolkit in its name, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
Elite Four Bertha - Supporter
Draw 2 cards, then search your deck for a Trainer card that has Pokemon League Toolkit in its name, show it to your opponent, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
Elite Four Flint - Supporter
Search your deck for a Basic Energy card, a Trainer card that has Pokemon League Toolkit in its name, and a Basic Pokemon, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
Elite Four Lucian - Supporter
Search your discard pile for up to 4 in combination of Pokemon and basic Energy cards, show them to your opponent, and put them on top of your deck. Then, search your deck for a Trainer card that has Pokemon League Toolkit in its name, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
Fantina's Exchange - Supporter
Discard a card. Search your deck for a Pokemon, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
Forest Badge - Trainer (Tool)
At the end of your opponent's turn (after their attack), if the Pokemon Forest Badge is attached to is your Active Pokemon, you may put a Pokemon that evolves from that Pokemon from your hand onto that Pokemon (this counts as evolving that Pokemon).
Growth Sprout - Trainer
Until the end of this turn, you may evolve each of your Basic Pokemon in play that was put into play this turn.
Helix Fossil - HP 50 - Trainer
Play Helix Fossil as if it were a [C] Basic Pokemon. (Helix Fossil counts as a Trainer card as well, but if Helix Fossil is Knocked Out, this counts as a Knocked Out Pokemon.) Helix Fossil can’t be affected by any Special Conditions and can’t retreat. At any time during your turn before your attack, you may discard Helix Fossil from play. (This doesn’t count as a Knocked Out Pokemon.) | Poke-Body: Consultation. You may play Helix Fossil from your hand when the effect of another card would otherwise prevent you from playing Trainer cards from your hand.
Lillie's Ambition - Supporter
Choose up to 2 cards from your hand and put them on the bottom of your deck in any order. Then, draw cards until you have 5 cards in your hand.
ddcptg5-f1a64671-6e93-454f-ad18-a020dc0dc31a.png
Mine Badge - Trainer (Tool)
At the end of your opponent's turn (after their attack), if the Pokemon Mine Badge is attached to is your Active Pokemon, you may look at the top 2 cards of your deck, and discard any number of them. Return the remaining cards to the top of your deck in any order.
Pokemon League Toolkit Recalibrate - Trainer
Search your deck for a Supporter card with Elite Four in its name, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
Pokemon League Toolkit Recoil - Trainer
Discard 1 Trainer, Supporter or Stadium card in play. If you do, search your discard pile for a Pokemon SP, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand.
Pokemon League Toolkit Relay - Trainer
Switch 1 of your Pokemon SP in play with a Basic Pokemon SP in your discard pile. (Any cards attached to that Pokemon, damage counters, Special Conditions, and effects on it are now on the new Pokemon.) Put the first Pokemon SP in your discard pile.
Pokemon League Toolkit Relieve - Trainer
Return 1 of your Pokemon SP and all cards attached to it to your hand.
Pokemon League Toolkit Reveal - Trainer
Reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal a Pokemon SP. Show that Pokemon to your opponent and put it into your hand. Shuffle the other revealed cards back into your deck. (If you don't reveal a Pokemon SP, shuffle all the revealed cards back into your deck.)
Protein - Trainer (Tool)
If the Pokemon Protein is attached to attacks, the attack does 10 more damage to the Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance). At the end of your turn, discard Protein.
Repeat Ball - Trainer
Search your deck for a Pokemon that has the same name as a Pokemon in your discard pile, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
Special Guard - Trainer (Tool)
Prevent all effects of your opponent's Trainer cards, Supporter cards, Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies done to the Pokemon Special Guard is attached to.
#094 Metal Energy
dd8131j-a6573960-87da-41ba-8dd1-debc8134536d.png
#096 Altaria GL LV.X
#097 Cacturne LV.X
#098 Flareon LV.X
#099 Frosslass GL LV.X
#100 Jolteon LV.X
#101 Manectric GL LV.X
#102 Meganium LV.X
#103 Metagross C LV.X
#104 Miltank GL LV.X
#105 Nidoking GL LV.X
#106 Vaporeon LV.X
#107 Weezing 4 LV.X
#108 Scizor LV.X
#SH4 Minun
#SH5 Plusle

Last edited:
Update: 07/28
Added Anabel (#070) and Lucas (#086)
Added spoilers for Trainers and Rare Holos (Sorry Metal, we're gonna rework ya)
Swapped some Trainers in the setlist

Edit: All unaccented 'e's in spoilers are due to formatting things for Lackey, which doesn't like é

Looking good Ace! Try not to speed the DPPt-era format up too much, it's already relatively fast as it is. ;)

Current Overload and Fantina's Exchange would have to be my most favourite cards of the lot. Simple but useful effects, neither too powerful nor too underpowered. Forest Badge is also a neat evolution accelerator. As it stands, it seems you've got quite a few Supporters / Trainers that allow you to search for Lv.Xs, either because they don't have the "excluding Pokemon Lv.X" clause (intentional or no), or because they explicitly allow for it. Aaron in particular looks a bit powerful, as does Lucas considering Underground Explorer has a similar effect, but only checks 4 instead of 7. Growth Sprout looks a bit dangerous as it opens up the opportunity for Turn 1 donk combos, especially from Lv.Xs that level up from Basics.

Last edited:
I would disagree that the format is currently fast, but I come from primarily playing base DPPt, so my perspective may be skewed.
Within 'official' DPPt, the only search card that specifically excluded Pokémon Lv.X was Luxury Ball, and I'm standing by that ideology, exclusion clauses were a thing of the RSE era.
I can see nerfing Lucas to choosing 1 card instead of 2 for its base number. Also, evolution ≠ Levelling up, thus Growth Sprout doesn't affect Pokémon Lv.X, that said, T1 Vespi is a good reason to make it exclude first turn. It may be ripe for a slot reshuffle if I come up with another idea.

I would disagree that the format is currently fast, but I come from primarily playing base DPPt, so my perspective may be skewed.
Within 'official' DPPt, the only search card that specifically excluded Pokémon Lv.X was Luxury Ball, and I'm standing by that ideology, exclusion clauses were a thing of the RSE era.
I can see nerfing Lucas to choosing 1 card instead of 2 for its base number. Also, evolution ≠ Levelling up, thus Growth Sprout doesn't affect Pokémon Lv.X, that said, T1 Vespi is a good reason to make it exclude first turn. It may be ripe for a slot reshuffle if I come up with another idea.

My lack of understanding when it comes to Lv.Xs is sorely noted, haha.

Back