• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format UPR-On: Psychic-powered Tags, Squids, and Dragons!(MalaTina/M&M TTGX)

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Pokémon: 19
4 / 4 malamar
2 Mewtwo & Mew TTGX
2 Noibat UNM
2 Noivern UNM
2 Garchomp & Giratina TTGX
2 Dedenne gx
1 Mew UNB

Trainers: 31
4 Cynthia
4 lillie
4 Pokémon communication
4 mysterious treasure
2 Dragon Talon
1 spell tag
2 switch
3 viridian forest
3 Martial Arts Dojo
4 Custom Catcher

Energy: 10
7 psychic
3 fighting

Description: Start w/ Noibat, bench two Inkays, one Mew, one Dedenne, and either bench or discard G&G TTGX, and if G&G TTGX is discarded, send in a M&M TTGX(If you have two Inkays, one Dedenne, and one Mew benched, said bench only has room for one or the other, and not both), and prepare by attaching spell tag to the inkays and attaching a fighting to either the G&G or M&M TTGX, depending on which of the two is benched. Turn 2, evolve Inkay into Malamar, and Noibat to Noivern, attach an energy to Noivern, Psychic Recharge to either G&G or M&M TTGX, depending on which of the two was benched on T1, and watch as Noivern Boombursts to do 20 damage to each and every trace of the opponent's side, leading up to a Martial Arts Dojo placement that contributes to a massive 250 from G&G/M&M TTGX to put the likely stopper on the foe for prize cards...

^ What do you think?

Garchomp & Giratina-GX – Dragon – HP270
Basic Pokemon (TAG TEAM)
[C] Linear Attack: This attack does 40 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
[P][F][C] Calamity Edge: 160+ damage. If your opponent’s Active Pokemon already has any damage counters on it, this attack does 80 more damage.
[P][P][F]+ GG End GX: Discard 1 of opponent’s Pokemon and all cards attached to them. If this Pokemon has at least 3 extra [F] Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack’s cost), discard 2 of your opponent’s Pokemon and all cards attached to them instead. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)
When your TAG TEAM is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.
Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Noibat – Dragon – HP60
Basic Pokemon
[P][D] Air Slash: 50 damage. Discard 1 Energy from this Pokemon.
Retreat: 1

Noivern – Dragon – HP120
Stage 1 – Evolves from Noibat
[C] Boomburst: This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
[P][D][C] Dragon Pulse: 120 damage. Discard the top card from your deck. Then, tickle your opponent.
Retreat: 0

Mewtwo & Mew-GX – Psychic – HP270
Basic Pokemon (Tag Team)
Ability: Perfection
This Pokemon can use the attacks of any Pokemon-GX and Pokemon-EX on your Bench or in your discard pile. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)
[P][P][C]+ Miracle Twin GX: 200 damage. If this Pokemon has at least 1 extra Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack’s cost), heal all damage from each of your Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)
Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Retreat: 2

Change List:

7/11/19:
-2 Spell Tag
+2 Dragon Talon

Last edited:
I'm not sure what function Noivern serves here, to be honest. Does the spread damage help hit any specific numbers?

Also, since your main attacker is either going to be said Noivern or G&G-GX, I'd suggest using Dragon Talon over Spell Tag as a damage modifier, if one is needed. Spell Tag only works on M&M-GX and your Malamars... after a KO. This can be useful in discouraging the opponent from pulling up a benched Malamar for a KO, but with Custom Catcher as the only gusting option, this isn't likely imho. If it's the M&M-GXs that get KOed instead, you will only get to use it once -- each time a M&M-GX is knocked out, that's three prizes. And, since you have a 4-4 line of Malamar, it will likely be the Malamars without tags that are targeted anyway. On the other hand, Dragon Talon provides instant boosted damage, although less, and synergises with more of your attackers. I guess what I'm saying is that Spell Tag provides defensive utility, while Dragon Talon provides offensive utility.

I think the spell tag is pretty good in this deck. It doesn't work if you have G^2 GX or Noivern, sure, but it does spread to a max of four different pokemon, instead of 1. The big attack on ChompTina is only so big after the pokemon it hits is already damaged. That's also why Noivern is there, to pre-damage all pokemon so the attack does its maximum damage all the time. I think a split, probably two talon one tag, would be optimal, since the primary attackers are dragon type, but the tags should not be removed completely.

4 / 4 malamar
2 Mewtwo & Mew TTGX
2 Noibat UNM
2 Noivern UNM
2 Dedenne gx
1 Mew UNB

4 Cynthia
4 lillie
4 Pokémon communication
4 mysterious treasure
3 spell tag
2 switch
3 viridian forest
3 Martial Arts Dojo
4 Custom Catcher

7 psychic
3 fighting

Description: Start w/ Noibat, bench two Inkays, one Mew, one Dedenne, and either bench or discard G&G TTGX, and if G&G TTGX is discarded, send in a M&M TTGX(If you have two Inkays, one Dedenne, and one Mew benched, said bench only has room for one or the other, and not both), and prepare by attaching spell tag to the inkays and attaching a fighting to either the G&G or M&M TTGX, depending on which of the two is benched. Turn 2, evolve Inkay into Malamar, and Noibat to Noivern, attach an energy to Noivern, Psychic Recharge to either G&G or M&M TTGX, depending on which of the two was benched on T1, and watch as Noivern Boombursts to do 20 damage to each and every trace of the opponent's side, leading up to a Martial Arts Dojo placement that contributes to a massive 250 from G&G/M&M TTGX to put the likely stopper on the foe for prize cards...

^ What do you think?

Basic Pokemon (TAG TEAM)
[C] Linear Attack: This attack does 40 damage to 1 of your opponent’s Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
[P][F][C] Calamity Edge: 160+ damage. If your opponent’s Active Pokemon already has any damage counters on it, this attack does 80 more damage.
[P][P][F]+ GG End GX: Discard 1 of opponent’s Pokemon and all cards attached to them. If this Pokemon has at least 3 extra [F] Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack’s cost), discard 2 of your opponent’s Pokemon and all cards attached to them instead. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Noibat – Dragon – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Noivern – Dragon – HP120
[C] Boomburst: This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent’s Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
[P][D][C] Dragon Pulse: 120 damage. Discard the top card from your deck. Then, tickle your opponent.

Basic Pokemon (Tag Team)
This Pokemon can use the attacks of any Pokemon-GX and Pokemon-EX on your Bench or in your discard pile. (You still need the necessary Energy to use each attack.)
[P][P][C]+ Miracle Twin GX: 200 damage. If this Pokemon has at least 1 extra Energy attached to it (in addition to this attack’s cost), heal all damage from each of your Pokemon. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)
Ok, there are some notes I think might be necessary.
1. You should probably think of using Giratina LOT, this is the first deck I’ve seen not using it. It allows for turn 1 damage placement, and can make a good starting attacker. I’d probably replace noivern with it. Noivernseems like a free prize, and in a super quick format may not work out well.

4 / 4 malamar
2 Mewtwo & Mew TTGX
2 Noibat UNM
2 Noivern UNM
2 Dedenne gx
1 Mew UNB

4 Cynthia
4 lillie
4 Pokémon communication
4 mysterious treasure
3 spell tag
2 switch
3 viridian forest
3 Martial Arts Dojo
4 Custom Catcher

7 psychic
3 fighting

^ What do you think?

Basic Pokemon (TAG TEAM)

Noibat – Dragon – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Noivern – Dragon – HP120

Basic Pokemon (Tag Team)
Also, you may want 1 or 2 jirachi from tag team, they allow for easy item search, and speed up beginning game. And if you play MewMew, play Dexeon for good damage pread and a good other attack option.

The Noivern is an interesting pick, and I can see why you would run it for good numbers with Dojo. I can see it as a personalized strategy that you prefer, but I personally would rather run a Jirachi GX to protect Mewtwo & Mew GX and 1 Giratina honestly, the one that places 10 damage onto two Pokemon. And I would absolutely run Druddigon, with or without Custom Catcher in the list.

Not only does this get around Mew and any form of anti-damage because the damage comes out as place counters from an ability instead of deal damage from an attack, but it also allows you to use your attack for turn on something else.

I feel like adding an extra spread damage option is a bit of an unnecessary play when G&G GX can already put 40 damage onto anything on the field for 1 energy, which allows for it to self inflict 280 damage without any help from any extra cards on your second attack. Most of the time this would be an opponent's Tag Team GX, which you can later gust. If you also find yourself without Martials Arts Dojo versus a Tag Team deck with 270+ HP, the strategy falls apart since you only hit 260 between Noivern and G&G GX without the help. Basically, the issue I'm seeing here is that you need the Noivern, the G&G GX, and the Martial Arts Dojo to hit 270, whereas G&G GX can just hit 280 on a priority target all by itself. It's less specific cards you need, which is more consistent, and the 20 spread damage is going to hit targets you don't care about anyway, or targets that don't need the damage to be KO'd anyway (Dedenne GX dies with or without damage counters on it).

All things considered, the fact that a lot of decks are going to be running Mew is reason enough for me to say you shouldn't play Noivern. Druddigon and Giratina on the other hand can't be stopped by anything in the format.

The Druddigon is incredibly valuable for getting your opponent stuck and prepping a target with 30 damage so you can follow up KO with 240 from G&G GX. It forces your opponent to have the right cards in hand to get out, otherwise they're definitely done for, and the same reason why I run 4 Switch in my list - losing to getting gusted sucks.

The deck basically has 3 plans of attack.

1. If your opponent isn't doing any anti-bench damage or anti Tag Team damage, use the 1st attack of G&G GX and then follow up with a KO.

2. If your opponent is runing anti-bench damage (Mew), then use Druddigon to pull out a desired active and hit it for 30.

3. If your opponent is not running anything with more than 250 HP, drop a Giratina and then Custom Catcher/Druddigon them if/when you need to. Ideally you're putting that damage onto Pokemon that your opponent is forced to attack with and has already invested energy into.

I also don't see any reason to run Pokemon Communication over Cherish Ball in this list. 4/4 Malamar with 4 Mysterious Treasure should be more than enough.

Pokemon x18

Garchomp & Giratina GX x2
Mewtwo & Mew GX x2
Latios GX x1
Jirachi GX x1
Dedenne GX x1
Inkay x4
Malamar x4
Giratina x1
Druddigon x1
Mew x1

Supporter x10

Lillie x4
Cynthia x4
Coach Trainer x2

Item x23

Mysterious Treasure x4
Cherish Ball x4
Switch x4
Custom Catcher x4
Dragon Talon x2
Spell Tag x1

Stadium x3

Viridian Forest x3

Energy x10

Psychic Energy x7
Fighting Energy x3

This is my current list if you would like to cross reference. I value the Latios GX because it has free retreat and can protect your Mewtwo & Mew GX from fatal Tag Team attacks, saving you 3 prizes. The GX attack can also prevent PikaRom from ever touching your bench if you prize or don't see the Mew, or just blocking useful GX attacks in general since this deck isn't exactly running the most potent GX attacks in the game. Its energy cost overlaps with the energy cost for G&G GX's attacks, so if Mewtwo & Mew GX is your active you can make a choice depending on your opponent. Very very valuable in the mirror, and basically shuts down Mewtwo & Mew GX toolbox decks that aren't ready for it.

I think the spell tag is pretty good in this deck. It doesn't work if you have G^2 GX or Noivern, sure, but it does spread to a max of four different pokemon, instead of 1. The big attack on ChompTina is only so big after the pokemon it hits is already damaged. That's also why Noivern is there, to pre-damage all pokemon so the attack does its maximum damage all the time. I think a split, probably two talon one tag, would be optimal, since the primary attackers are dragon type, but the tags should not be removed completely.
Rip, I guess I probably should have checked to see what ChompTina actually did... My bad.

Back