'Hidden Fates,' Special Set Releasing in America This August!

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
This turns out to be GX-Ultra Shiny, I'm not even going to touch this set save for actual playable cards. It's going to be way too expensive to collect.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I think it's too early to make any assumptions about rarity. The shiny cards we never got from GX Ultra Shiny alone are enough to make a Shining Legends or Dragon Majesty-sized set but they can't make every single card ultra rare now if they go that route.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
So the rest of the year's looking like...
-Unified Minds: GG End + Sky Legend + Miracle Twin
-Hidden Fates: GX Ultra Shiny
-SM12: Remix Bout + whatever the final Japanese SM set will be in September + August subset if there is one (Fairy Rise was 2018's)

Rust in pieces, Gen 7.

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
Guess my Japanese Ultra Shiny cards won't be that special anymore, still psyched that we're getting these even if they are just alternate prints. :)

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
Seems like such a waste how they do this as the vast majority of them will be rotating out.. Like the Tapu Lele box, too little too late. Happy for the collectors, but c'mon Pokemon, give the players the pretty cards while they can still play em!

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
As expected the GX Ultra Shiny cards will have an A in there collection number. So, many of these cards won't be usable in Standard come August. But I want them for collection purposes. Especially the Umbreon GX and Gardevoir GX Shinys.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I'm actually glad if these will not be legal when released. A lot of the collector nightmare that is Gen 7's TCG can be traced back to TPCi bending over backwards to provide 8 different tiers of bling for playable cards so players can show off. Cancel it.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I'm actually glad if these will not be legal when released. A lot of the collector nightmare that is Gen 7's TCG can be traced back to TPCi bending over backwards to provide 8 different tiers of bling for playable cards so players can show off. Cancel it.
Yeah, Pokemon really only likes to appeal to players and casual fans. That's why with this pain of a gen, I have to wait a while before I start really collecting. Values are all jank because of the metagame and it's kinda irritating. It's the same deal with a lot of Expanded being inflated because of the meta. Computer search would be like, a dollar, if it wasn't for that. I mean, I'm all for them promoting the competitive game. Keep Pokemon alive, and I'm happy that tournaments are getting record numbers, but sometimes the meta can get in the way of my collection. I fear Expanded is never going to rotate and I'm going to have to blow $30-40 on a card I really don't want to blow that much on.

I would be REALLY glad if Ultra Shiny could be more of a collector's set, kinda like Shining Legends was in a way. It would be a nice change of pace. Haven't felt like there's been many sets like that since prior to Sun and Moon.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Seems like such a waste how they do this as the vast majority of them will be rotating out.. Like the Tapu Lele box, too little too late. Happy for the collectors, but c'mon Pokemon, give the players the pretty cards while they can still play em!
Really you should be pouring one out AND pressing F for the collectors...ss's...bank accounts.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Really you should be pouring one out AND pressing F for the collectors...ss's...bank accounts.
Apart from the Shiny Charizard I doubt it'll be THAT bad. Especially in comparison to some of the really expensive things from Gen 2/Gen 3's TCG. I doubt it'll even be as bad as Black and White with how much they'll probably print it.