'Sky Legends' Officially Revealed!

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
This Naganadel looks super fun!

What a great draw engine first of all. Just like Zoroark-GX, except you draw three instead with the trade-off of only discarding Ultra Beasts. I think that's workable, since you have cards like Mysterious Treasure and Ultra Space so search them out (as well as the Poipole's needed to evolve it, wow!). So this thing looks stupid easy to get out, with a good amount of ways to search parts and it's a really good draw engine. Just what Beast Box needed without being compared to Zoroark decks.

The attack also looks really good! Maybe not as spamable as Riotous Beating, but doing 170 snipe damage sounds pretty darn good. Shouldn't even be that hard to even pull it off. Triple Acceleration Energy / TAE handles it nicely and while it needs a Psychic Energy along with it, you can just attach the Psychic Energy manually and then constantly use TAE to keep using it turn after turn (I keep saying constantly because with this thing's godlike draw power I don't see why you wouldn't keep running into multiple copies). Not even just TAE, splash in Beast Ring for that tier 1 energy acceleration (Or god forbid if DDE ever comes back). GX attack is a little funny costing 1 lightning but not like I'd be using that anyway.

Man this is gonna be a fun card to think about. Can't wait to snipe Dedenne-GXs when this thing comes out (Unfortunately not Tapu Lele-GXs since if the next format for 2019-2020 is gonna be ULP-on then Tapu Lele-GX rotates).

EDIT: Also, much better artwork than the other Naganadel cards.

ShinyZard

Aspiring Trainer
Froslass is not bad as a baby blacephalon counter with one water energy attachment to knock it out. Also, Xurkitree is a pretty good card to hit for 120 with only one lightning energy as it is a good follow up to baby buzzwole to hit opponent for 120 when opponent is at 4 prizes with baby buzzwole and then swing with Xurkitree for another 120 when the opponent is at 3 prizes. This new ultra beast is a good fit in the Zapdos beast decks.

Amir Sarwari

Aspiring Trainer
Naganadel GX in a Dragon-Type is the Best card ever and CAN WE HAVE A BLACK KYUREM IN DRAGON-TYPE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!! .

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
Frosslass with Hustle Belt sounds like a good pair. Plus Xurkitree could be good for those pesky Zapdos.

Christopher Shehan

Aspiring Trainer
So much for playing around a sledgehammer turn when there is a three mirrors turn to now have to deal with. Brace yourself, baby beast box is coming.

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
While I understand Xurk is an Electric Baby Buzz... Baby Xurk? Buzz got a lot of value from Weakness OHKOs on Zoro and Pikarom. Xurk is forced to use E powers. Still a good card but it is not as good as baby buzz.

Froslass is a very blatant move by pokemon to counter Reshzard. 140x 2 = 280. Most decks aren't willing to tech a stage 1. + rainbow. But If you add Cryogonal into the mix I think you could see both cards get decent value.

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Just realized if you use rainbow on Froslass than you will K.O. yourself if you do full damage. That just would make it like TEU Beedrill! Not as much value as I thought without choice band or water energy.

RealArity

Cold Weather-seeker
I've waited for this moment... she finally got a card! I haven't bought any cards for quite a while until yesterday to commemorate the official opening of Pokémon Center Singapore, but when the English SM10 comes I'm gonna buy boosters for Froslass.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
So literally the only Pokemon that haven't been printed before in Gen 7 are Froslass, Dwebble, Crustle, Cryogonal and Audino.

And even most of the repeat Pokemon are ones that would already be within the Ultra Prism-on rotation that was announced today. Choices......

I will give props for Arbok/Weezing's art having Jessie and James, and also Dwebble, Ekans, Hoothoot's reactions to the Legendary Birds in their artwork.

Last edited:

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Cards that have the Air Slash attack:
Yanma (Phantom Forces 3)
Flygon (EX Dragon 15)
Yanmega (POP Series 8 5)
Noivern (BREAKthrough 112)
Shaymin (Platinum 15)
Scyther (Dark Explorers 4)
Swanna (Emerging Powers 27)
Fan Rotom (Rising Rivals RT1)
Yanma (Supreme Victors 88)
Tranquill (Boundaries Crossed 124)
Masquerain (Primal Clash 14)
Unfezant (Boundaries Crossed 125)
Tranquill (GG End 42)
Hoothoot (Sky Legend)
Silvally (Sky Legend)

So all of three known cards in the current format when Sky Legends will be translated. lol

These Z-Crystal cards will prove to be a very interesting conundrum if there were any attack name mistranslations over the years, especially for the Expanded format. WotC consistently translated the move known in the games as "Confusion" as "Psyshock," for example, and then the latter became a move itself. Researching all the card attacks for my Google doc as I type this.

Last edited:

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
Audino let's you draw a card once per turn
Wheesing makes your opponent discard 1 more card when you play Jessie and james
Magnezone is both electric and metal type and it's attack let's.you put a trainer card from your discard pile into your hand
Arbok's ability says that if arbok is attacked, then discard 2 random cards from your opponent's hand, it's attack does 50 plus 80 damage if you played Jessie and james during your turn

Last edited:

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
Love that new Magnezone. Dual typing of Steel and Electric and it's attack lets you take one trainer (or item, not quite sure) from discard into the hand!