Screenshots: New 'Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution' Trailer!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
e7zwJ9t.jpg

Scoop

Literally a sheep
This would be great if they didnt make the people look so...

What's even a word I can describe it with?

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
speaking of plasticine...

The entire Wallace and Gromit series.
The entire Shaun the sheep series.

Chicken Run
Wallace and Gromit Curse of the ware rabbit
and lastly Science an adventure with Pirates

all of the above had much better looking humans, even if they did look comical.
and what do all these have in common... Stop motion animation!

you know. take a picture of a character. move his arm less than a centimeter then take another photo. do this a hundred times and you get like a second of someone moving their arm flawlessly.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
If this was Pixar quality than.... sure. But it's not so... eh?
Like I'm glad to see it getting a remake albeit a bit unnecessary. I'll watch somewhere it after it stops being a new thing for nostalgia purposes but I'm not genuinely excited for it.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Something about the faces just doesn't seem... right? Idk, it just seems odd to me. Either way, I'll probably watch the movie because the first movie holds a lot of good memories for me, but most likely complain along the way about how weird they look.

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
It just doesn't look right. That won't stop me from seeing it, and that's when I'll actually form an opinion, but it just looks like...they've taken it in the wrong direction. Making everyone look like they're made out of Plasticine just doesn't work for Pokemon.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
If it's a pure remake then Bulbasaur wouldn't be running from that fire looking thing in the trailer as it fought Donphan.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I would have been best if they make some twist here and there. I would be dissapointing to have the same exact plotline

A Dragon of Destiny

The Ultimate Dragon
It’s not just the plasticine look, their ways are also a little too far apart. Weirdly enough, it’s only ash and misty with the eye problem.

Graven

Eminem TTGX
That is definitely Toei's animation style for 3D. I can even see bits of Saint Seiya: Legend of Sanctuary in here.

The humans look...serviceable. They are well created, but the definitely have the Japanese aesthetic that differs from 3D animation styles form Pixar and Disney.

The Pokemon? Absolutely stunning. If the 3D models from this movie were put into a Pokemon video game, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Hopefully it does well!