New Detective Pikachu Promo for Theaters, Joke Trailer Released!

So does this mean we probably won't get the Detective Yoshida in English?
I dont so if anything we would get one of Tim (justice smith), if they are going to print a 'real' trainer card in english. Yoshida's card is merely fan service for a very famous Japanese actor - would be no appetite amongst the standard western pokemon fanbase for such a card!

There are some chains of theater that will be giving a pack of 2 cards which includes that Pikachu and a mystery card.
AMC
Edit: or maybe all of them will be like that as a surprise.

No, the English website says there will be 27 cards and has a section for 1 unrevealed promo.

That's the interesting thing. I saw a small image of the Japanese version of this Detective Pikachu and thought for sure that it would be SM170 the Detective Pikachu promo in the Figure Collection. That means there is still another Detective Pikachu yet to be seen.

So we have 27 cards now:
  • 18 from the set
  • 3 GX promos
  • 3 in-store event promos
  • 3 Detective Pikachu promos - SM170 (unrevealed), SM190 & SM194

Detective Yoshida is either a secret card not counted in this 27 card total or we aren't getting it.

From Detective Pikachu's card description:
"He was the partner of Tim's father, Harry, who has gone missing."
Is this a spoiler to people who haven't played the game, or was that revealed in an earlier trailer? I know it's only a small thing and not a major detail, but I'm just curious.

From Detective Pikachu's card description:
"He was the partner of Tim's father, Harry, who has gone missing."
Is this a spoiler to people who haven't played the game, or was that revealed in an earlier trailer? I know it's only a small thing and not a major detail, but I'm just curious.

It was alluded that he is Harry's partner in the first/second trailer

Back