Full Metal Wall in February

Alex Leblanc

Aspiring Trainer
With Altar of sunne Metal pokemon are inmortal now with the help of Melmetal/Lucario Gx and some Alolan Dugtrios, Melmetal gx with this tool and the last mentioned card could become a monster of 370hp with no weakness

Only Rayquaza and Blacephalon will have the power to take this down in one turn and even they will struggle to do it
Hey don't forget our buddy Ultra Necrozma!!

gema5

Aspiring Trainer
Just use 2 of this on Genesect and you're golden. Alolan dugtrio takes too much work to build a nice bench, maybe if you are able to set up 3 or 4 dugtrios just doing defensive strategies, you would win the game no matter what....

Anyways, jumping back into reality, just Blower the tools and hit hard whatever is holding them. The sad part of the history is that we are going to play in a Field Blower meta, where no one can play nice tools and combine strategies properly, like it once was before rotation. Genesect hits low numbers and needs 3 energy to attack, Lucario Melmetal needs too much energy, they cannot afford to heal with potion and do not KO zoroark, therefore, they are going to lose to zorocontrol.

Finally, I dont think metal is going anywhere. Pokemon company has been trying to make Metalmons a thing in the TCG since solgaleo, dusk necrozma, magnezone, mt. coronet, and they were never able to reach this. First, with full offense, now with full def., but those guys are forgetting something: T1 kiawe = T2 vermilion GX 360 dmg = T3 Ho-oh hitting for 360. No metal deck can survive this assault, fire types hit high and fast enough to break any possible setup from a defensive weakness deck.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah I feel like the metal typing just needs more consistency and/or some sort of really nice energy acceleration to be viable, not this high defense strategy.

Hopefully there will be more in Full Meta Wall that will support that because I really like the metal types.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Just a tad disappointed it isn't fighting type

I mean, uh-I like this card. It's fun. Is it as good as regular Buzzwole-GX, especially in Expanded? Probably not, but obvious Lurantis synergy is getting me thinking that this could be pretty fun. But I really don't care, I love Buzzwole and this art is INCREDIBLE. I can't wait to see the Secret Rare version of this.

I used to play Expanded Buzz on PTCGO before I quit the game indefinitely, and I can see the appeal of Beast Bringer, but I feel like I would rather use something like a Muscle Band to get quicker knockouts over that extra prize card. But then again, take that from someone who's horrible at the game and has never played in any competitive environment at all, so who knows-I could be very wrong here.

Last edited:

VDub

Aspiring Trainer
So knocking out a gx/ex with Beast game with Beast Bringer attached is a 6 prize turn. Nice.

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
So if you haven't taken a prize card and have Beast Bringer attached to you, have 8 energies attached, and the 50 damage knocks out a Gx or Ex with whatever else you can stack on to increase damage you win the game with taken 6 prize cards at once sounds unrealistic but crazier things have happened.

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
OMG, I can't keep up with these set releases and Pokemon cards, in general, are so expensive. But I do love the art style on commons and these tag gx cards are INSANE!!!

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
If you can pull the + attack on the GX attack on P&B GX that's literally a game stealer. I don't think it's going to be that easy to pull off tho? But it's a return of Jet Punch yay (??) !

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
People it's a really bad gx end of story 8 energys on a type with no good acceleration not gonna happen. The tool on the other hand is much more viable