February's English Set: 'Team Up!'

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
This theme deck are quite interesting, I may but the Charizard. Can unlock the online version which might be usable for the challenges and tournaments

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
Wow! Two copies of Cynthia, Copycat, Nest Ball, and Timer Ball each? That’s pretty good if you buy 2 decks since you’ll then have full play sets. Hopefully this will bring down the price of Cynthia. I like the new trend they’re following with making the theme decks more competitively viable.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Yeah, thanks for MORE Charizard. I “REALLY NEEDED” that. It was a “NECESSARY COMPONENT” to have YET ANOTHER ‘Zard, thank you.
Blastiose is nice to see, though.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Looks at Charizard's Deck

Ok let's see 2 Charizards, 2 Nidoqueens, interesting, has Rapidashes, boring, Farfetch'd, whatever, Copycat, cool, WHOA THIS DECK HAS 2 CYNTHIAS IN IT!?

Welp, I know what I'm buying 4 of.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Charizard deck looks good for getting staples/playable mons, but won’t competitive in the theme deck meta with no draw engine to speak of. Pidgeotto seems REALLY nice, best draw ability ive seen in a theme deck bar none

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
(Im just talking about theme deck vs theme deck)

Its kinda weird see a theme deck with only 4 diferrent pokemon lines and two being stage 2 line, Charizard deck is better due Nidoqueen being a better second atacker over Pidgeot and with better ability allowing you to set the rest of your evolved pokemons on the other side water is water so Blastoise automatically have an advantage over Charizad and Entei but both decks look so slow compared with Entei. 2 Cynthias are terrible when you are not able to discard junk, you could have a hand of ten cards, use Cynthia and end with worse hand and more junk cards in the deck, the same with Copycat especially being situational. Brock Grit is completely useless you barely need to get back energies on your deck in theme deck battles and lost the chance of get immediately a pokemon to your hand why put two Brock grit instead of at least one stretcher?

Entei probably will keep being the most dominant deck and with only 2 switchs these deck will be Ampharos prey too

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
(Im just talking about theme deck vs theme deck)

Its kinda weird see a theme deck with only 4 diferrent pokemon lines and two being stage 2 line, Charizard deck is better due Nidoqueen being a better second atacker over Pidgeot and with better ability allowing you to set the rest of your evolved pokemons on the other side water is water so Blastoise automatically have an advantage over Charizad and Entei but both decks look so slow compared with Entei. 2 Cynthias are terrible when you are not able to discard junk, you could have a hand of ten cards, use Cynthia and end with worse hand and more junk cards in the deck, the same with Copycat especially being situational. Brock Grit is completely useless you barely need to get back energies on your deck in theme deck battles and lost the chance of get immediately a pokemon to your hand why put two Brock grit instead of at least one stretcher?

Entei probably will keep being the most dominant deck and with only 2 switchs these deck will be Ampharos prey too
Brock is actually helpful in the Charizard deck since he retrieves fallen Charizard lines and energy discarded by Continuous Blaze Ball.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Brock is actually helpful in the Charizard deck since he retrieves fallen Charizard lines and energy discarded by Continuous Blaze Ball.

To retrieve pokemon stretcher is still better giving you flexibility to get back a pokemon directly to your hand and not being a supporter and about Charizard attack it make himself 20 damage the abilitie every time and with only 150hp after using one time, it fall on the range of Houndoum, Raikou, Entei, Alolan Exegutor and other pokemon, not very likely to use it to many times and spend that many energies, also with Nidoqueen in the deck I bet Nidoqueen will become the primary attacker of that deck

Maybe Brock grit could be useful some times in Charizard deck but not enough to have 2 copys of that card

Last edited:

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
These theme decks usually don't sell very well and can be found as a clearance item for $3 at Gamestop. As a dad who needs 4 Cynthia for his child that just started playing TCG, 2X Cythnia per theme deck is great. $10 for Cynthia was just wrong.

Heviin

Aspiring Trainer
Two Charizard decks for the complete Charizard and Nidoqueen line up, AND 4 cynthia 4 nest ball 4 timer ball?? Yes please!

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
These theme decks usually don't sell very well and can be found as a clearance item for $3 at Gamestop. As a dad who needs 4 Cynthia for his child that just started playing TCG, 2X Cythnia per theme deck is great. $10 for Cynthia was just wrong.
Really??? My Gamestop usually only drops them to $10 if they even bother stocking them.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Really??? My Gamestop usually only drops them to $10 if they even bother stocking them.

Dirty Secret - all GameStops are connected and track inventory together. So if your local store does not stock something, then the clerk can check neighboring stores, pull from them, etc. When the tapu koko promo box went on sale for $3, I ordered 6, and 4 came from neighboring stores.

Second tip - keep an eye on GameStop’s website since that’s where they announce many flash deals.