News Japan's First 2019 Sets: 'Night Unison,' 'Full Metal Wall'

JMT

Some Broke Weeaboo
Zoroark and Gardevoir are literally going to break the game at this point with the addition of the new Tag Teams and all the Fairy support.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Lt. Surge has to be one of the most broken supporters ever, being able to play to other supporters in one turn, talk about a comeback card for every deck out there.
theres a stipulation, you need to have more prizes than your opponnent. its not useful if your winning.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
man clefable looks pretty strong if you ask me. a ceiling of 190 if you have a full bench with energy. could run it with zebstrika for draw and naganadel.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
That clefaries attack will sadly be changed in the english translation.
Its attack isn't actually called that in Japanese, it is just "Slap". It isn't the first time they deliberately mistranslate "Slap" into "Bitch Slap" as a joke.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
theres a stipulation, you need to have more prizes than your opponnent. its not useful if your winning.
If you’re playing stall/control (y’know, the type of decks that makes this card so potentially broken), being behind on prizes is not much of a “stipulation”...

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
"This is my log, Brownie. I like to wrap her up in a bandanna so she's nice and warm. But, be careful, she toots a lot."

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
"This is my log, Brownie. I like to wrap her up in a bandanna so she's nice and warm. But, be careful, she toots a lot."
I know, right? Was she pretending to be a log? What's up with the log? I mean, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood, but...

Spring Sun Warrior

Aspiring Trainer
I know, right? Was she pretending to be a log? What's up with the log? I mean, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood, but...

in anime ninjas always use logs as substitutes. they get attacked but the shuriken or attacks hit the "ninja" and it goes *poof* and the ninja was actually a log. its an old cliche in anime for logs to be a diversion or stand-in for the character using ninjutsu

Zygarde Fan

Sorry, but goodbye.
in anime ninjas always use logs as substitutes. they get attacked but the shuriken or attacks hit the "ninja" and it goes *poof* and the ninja was actually a log. its an old cliche in anime for logs to be a diversion or stand-in for the character using ninjutsu

IIRC Greninja does it in smash sometimes instead of using the substitute doll.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Most of these are just versions of other cards. Victreebel is just a worse Alolan Muk GX (Sorry, Victreebel.) Grass Grubbin is an attack version of Electromagnetic Radar.
Charjabug, however, is BUSTED. It doesn’t have to be evolved from Grubbin (it can just be straight played from the hand) AND Rescue Stretcher can retrieve it. Definitely including this in future Lightning decks.
I love that Seaking. For one energy, it does an average of 120 damage with a ‘Band. That’s incredible. With Fliptini, it does an average of either 150 or 180 damage. FOR ONE ENERGY. If you’re really lucky, you can end up doing 210 damage for one energy. If that isn’t efficient, what is?
...I’m gonna let the rest of the community rage over Lit Surge.
Will these be released in Team Up?
nope. in the Charizard X Reshiram set

Pokefam

300 something/400
Channeling the energy of …. UNDERGROUND EXPIDITION, … Just as papa Koga taught me.