Help Ninetales GX Best Deck? Help!

Sylveonix

I have a Fairy Type addiction.
Okay, so I'm looking to purchase some new cards to create a deck for a local Tournament I was going to participate in. I really want to use Alolan Ninetales GX (Fairy Type) in my deck, and a few people reached out to me with deck suggestions. So here's what I'd like to know, which one of these is a better idea to start a deck around?

Alolan Ninetales GX/Decidueye GX/ Mimikyu GX
Object: Use Feather Arrow to rack up points on opponents, Alolan Ninetales for Rare Candies and extra damage help, and finish them off with Mimikyu GXs Let's Snuggle and Fall.

Gardevoir GX/Alolan Ninetales GX/Gardevoir (Lost Thunder Card)
Object:
Use Secret Spring to charge up Gardevoir GX and Gardevoir, use Ninetales GX for Rare Candies and extra Attack support, then KO your opponents with Gardevoir's Sensitive Ray.

Which is an ideal better deck to use?

So, from my experience of playing archetypes similar to these decks, I'd say that you should probably go with the Gardevoir GX / Gardevoir deck. I personally don't know how strong Gardevoir LOT is as I haven't used it much, but I do know that having Secret Spring available fixes the 2 turns to charge up Alolan Ninetales GX (certainly an attacker that is not terrible at all, and bench damage helps line up turns with Multiple KOs). In my mind, it just seems quicker than Decidueye GX / Mimikyu GX unless you are using a lot of counter gains and playing more of a counter energy / switch / gain strategy.

Either way, I'm sure that having a non-GX attacker also helps for Shrine matchups as well.

So, from my experience of playing archetypes similar to these decks, I'd say that you should probably go with the Gardevoir GX / Gardevoir deck. I personally don't know how strong Gardevoir LOT is as I haven't used it much, but I do know that having Secret Spring available fixes the 2 turns to charge up Alolan Ninetales GX (certainly an attacker that is not terrible at all, and bench damage helps line up turns with Multiple KOs). In my mind, it just seems quicker than Decidueye GX / Mimikyu GX unless you are using a lot of counter gains and playing more of a counter energy / switch / gain strategy.

Either way, I'm sure that having a non-GX attacker also helps for Shrine matchups as well.
Thank you! I honestly agree with that, and it would take much longer to rack up points with Decidueye anyway. My only problem now is I have to figure out how to buy an Alolan Ninetales GX again. I heard they go for about $40 dollars now xD

Thank you! I honestly agree with that, and it would take much longer to rack up points with Decidueye anyway. My only problem now is I have to figure out how to buy an Alolan Ninetales GX again. I heard they go for about $40 dollars now xD

Yeah market price on them is around $32 or so right now. I thought I goofed up when I pre-ordered them for $35 and saw them sink to like $25 in the first week of the set coming out. I feel better about the purchase now :D

Also helps that when my friends and I drafted a booster box we managed to pull one!

Oh so lucky! I'll just have to wait till prices dip down again. I remember when Tapu Lele GX was going for about $50 per card, but now it's a reasonable $30. ($10 if you want the promo). Ideally this deck will cost $150+, but I'll have to see how my budget will work out.

I'm actually really curious about Mysterious Guidance Ninetales for later on. It alongside Beacon Vulpix just enables a metric truck-ton of evolution-based decks and makes getting a Stage 2 Pokemon on the field a reliable Turn 2 combo.

Oh yeah, it'll be pretty popular in the long run. Being able to Beacon then Rare Candy evolve any pokemon on the next turn is definitely OP, allowing you to set up much quicker. I see it working best with Gardevoir GX/Decidueye GX/or even it's counterpart, Ninetales GX water typing.

My favorite partners are Zoroark GX and UPR weavile all smashed into one crazy consistent spreading nightmare. The best partners tho are probably deciduous GX with Zoroark and buzzwole GX Lycanroc GX.

My favorite partners are Zoroark GX and UPR weavile all smashed into one crazy consistent spreading nightmare. The best partners tho are probably deciduous GX with Zoroark and buzzwole GX Lycanroc GX.

Back