Help Budget deck ideas

Squirtle93

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I think the title is self-explanatory. Are there any ideas for a (preferably fun) budget deck? If so, can you post a list with an explanation? Thanks!

bidou

Aspiring Trainer
Very budget friendly, competitive, and very fun to play : Granbull (Lost Thunder) !
To try it is to adopt it :)

160 damages for a single energy, and a brain teaser each turn to empty your hand.
Personally, I love it !

FlashRayquaza

Rayquaza Fan
The deck that won Lille is really cheap and fun. It plays 4 Koko, 4 Latios, 4 Shrine, Poison Barbs to spread damage around, and Tapu Lele to take a lot of prize cards with one attack if enough damage is on the opponent's Pokémon.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Garchomp Lucario

I played this deck when Ultra Prism came out so I don't have a perfectly current list, especially with the alternate fighting version of Garchomp, which is a must-add given all of the fighting weakness out there. The newest sets (Dragon Majesty and Lost Thunder - see Lance Prism Star and Professor Elm's Lecture for example) have helped this deck, and I included the obvious additions, but my list still might be a little outdated.

##Pokémon - 20
* 4 Gible UPR 96
* 4 Gabite UPR 98
* 4 Garchomp UPR 99
* 4 Riolu UPR 66
* 4 Lucario UPR 67

##Trainer Cards - 30
* 4 Professor Elm’s Lecture
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Lillie
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Blaine’s Last Stand
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 1 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Devoured Field

##Energy - 10
* 6 Fighting Energy
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

dangs91

Aspiring Trainer
My top choices would be tapu koko/latios (mentioned by FlashRayquaza) as well as Alolan Exeggutor, which is also very fun.

Here is the list for the tapu koko/latios:

Pokemon - 14
4 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
4 Latios SLG 41
2 Seviper BUS 50
1 Tapu Lele UPR 94
1 Tapu Lele PR-SM SM45
1 Mimikyu GRI 58
1 Oranguru SUM 113

Trainer - 37
4 Cynthia UPR 119
4 Professor Kukui SUM 128
2 Underground Expedition CES 150
1 Guzma BUS 115
4 Nest Ball SUM 123
4 PokeNav CES 140
4 Acro Bike PRC 122
4 Energy Loto GRI 122
2 Escape Rope BUS 114
4 Poison Barb SUM 124
4 Shrine of Punishment CES 143

Energy - 9
4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
4 Counter Energy CIN 100
1 Rainbow Energy SUM 137

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing this deck for fun. It's not going to beat tier 1, but its price fits the budget tag, and it half decent!

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Blitzle LOT 81
* 2 Zebstrika LOT 82
* 3 Pumpkaboo CIN 44
* 4 Rotom FLI 40
* 2 Gourgeist CIN 45

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 4 Escape Board UPR 122
* 3 Spell Tag LOT 190
* 3 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 3 Adventure Bag LOT 167
* 3 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Sightseer LOT 189
* 3 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 3 Poison Barb SUM 124

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

mattfofatt01

Aspiring Trainer
Ok so here is a skeleton of the deck that I am trying out. It is essentially a budget version of Blacephalon naganadel, instead it is Turtonator/Zinnia (Dragons majesty) and naganadel.

We need: 4 turts from dragons majesty, 3-3 poipole/naga line, 3-4 multi switch 3-4 energy retrieval 2- rescue stretcher 1-2 beast ring, typical draw supporters/search tools

So some background: As we know blacephalon for 2 fire does 10+ 50x each fire you send to the lost zone and costs ~$ 12-20 depending on who you buy from/rarity. My boy Turt from dragons majesty does 50x for each fire energy you discard from all of your pokemon for 3 energy and costs considerably less than Cake Pop. We play this in a similar way.

So the plan...
Turn 1 : Nest balls or ultraballs (discarding some fire) and ultraspace to get turtonators and poioles on your bench, an oranguru for extra draw power also helps attach a fire energy to turt.
Turn 2: attempt to evolve some nagas and start getting some fire on the bench. Attach another fire onto turt if you can and using multiswitch take a fire from the bench and put it active. Boom you're hitting 150 right away without choice band if you discard from turtonator.
Turn 3: Oh man your turt was knocked out, that's ok promote another one, you only gave up 1 prize anyway. Play energy retrieval to bring back 2 energies to hand or use what you had in hand already and play Zinnia (that you play 4 of in the deck) which states if one of your dragon pokemon was knocked out last turn attach 2 enegies from hand to one of your pokemon. So attach 2 to the turt from zinnia, attach 1 from hand, bring back a few more with your nagas and you're hitting at least 150, possibly 250 with 2 nagas on your bench. Also these energies do not go into the lost zone so they can be reused so we don't have to play 17 like some blacephalon builds.

Oh no your opponent put up a really powerful pokemon and you had to use your supporter to build up a turtonator, that's ok we play 1-2 beast rings so we can accelerate 2 more fires onto our benched naganadel. Also since they are on 4 prizes when they ko your active turt your naga is now hitting 160 and is already charged for next turn! Try it out!

IvanAipom93

Ice/Electric type member
Garchomp Lucario

I played this deck when Ultra Prism came out so I don't have a perfectly current list, especially with the alternate fighting version of Garchomp, which is a must-add given all of the fighting weakness out there. The newest sets (Dragon Majesty and Lost Thunder - see Lance Prism Star and Professor Elm's Lecture for example) have helped this deck, and I included the obvious additions, but my list still might be a little outdated.

##Pokémon - 20
* 4 Gible UPR 96
* 4 Gabite UPR 98
* 4 Garchomp UPR 99
* 4 Riolu UPR 66
* 4 Lucario UPR 67

##Trainer Cards - 30
* 4 Professor Elm’s Lecture
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Lillie
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Blaine’s Last Stand
* 2 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 1 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Devoured Field

##Energy - 10
* 6 Fighting Energy
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Oranguru is a must have in a deck like this because you can burn many cards. I like to play it with more Nest Balls rather than Elm (and 4 Elms is too much anyway). Also, Exp. Share is a nice tech for this, saving a Fighting Energy for a new Garchomp.

Phantom_decidueye

Aspiring Trainer
I've been playing this deck for fun. It's not going to beat tier 1, but its price fits the budget tag, and it half decent!

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 3 Blitzle LOT 81
* 2 Zebstrika LOT 82
* 3 Pumpkaboo CIN 44
* 4 Rotom FLI 40
* 2 Gourgeist CIN 45

##Trainer Cards - 40

* 4 Escape Board UPR 122
* 3 Spell Tag LOT 190
* 3 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 3 Adventure Bag LOT 167
* 3 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Sightseer LOT 189
* 3 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
* 3 Poison Barb SUM 124

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Last time I checked Cynthia was 11.99 on magic madhouse or maybe that’s just magic madhouse

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
I've been loving Suicune-GX/Quagsire/Naganadel recently.

Suicunes are only about $2 on TCGplayer, and the only expensive cards in the deck are three Naganadels and four Cynthias, each of which is $6.50. If you have the staple supporter cards for pretty much any competitive deck, you could probably build this one for less than $50.

Pokefam

300 something/400
Pokémon (14)
4 Cosmog
1 Cosmoem
2 Solgaleo-GX
2 Solgaleo-GX
1 Solgaleo
1 Solgaleo Prism Star
1 Dhelmise
1 Oranguru
1 Tapu Lele-GX
Trainer (34)
4 Lillie
3 Cynthia
3 Guzma
2 Volkner
4 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
3 Nest Ball
3 Acro Bike
2 Max Potion
1 Rescue Stretcher
3 Choice Band
2 Mt. Coronet
Energy (12)
7 Metal Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy
2 Lightning Energy

Easy but fun deck.

Braiden1235

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 2 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Blitzle LOT 81
* 3 Zebstrika LOT 82
* 4 Pumpkaboo CIN 44
* 1 Rotom FLI 40
* 4 Gourgeist CIN 45

##Trainer Cards - 39

* 4 Spell Tag LOT 190
* 2 Dashing Pouch CIN 92
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113
* 4 Escape Board UPR 122
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Lillie UPR 125
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 2 Adventure Bag LOT 167

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

cheapest fun deck

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
Granbull is quite cheap to get, give that a try. Or you could try the Koko/Latios/Seviper deck, I had fun playing it. I would have suggested Passimian as well but it failed me and my team last week, still not too bad though.