Games Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Megathread

Brancus

Aspiring Trainer
I am super excited for shulk because I love using him in sm4sh but his monados were a pain to use and from what I saw they fixed that in ultimate

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
I hope we get a demo soon, I need to play the DORF.
But in all seriousness, I want to practice playing both pokemon trainer and inkling, the two most gimmicky characters.

SmiteKnight

In the hours before the direct, team real or team fake? (The grinch leak)

SmiteKnight

Personally I’m team real, but with a bit of skepticism. Mostly because i’m sad we didn’t get a pokemon rep. If it is real, I hope we get more reveals afterword.

SmiteKnight

The Grinch isn't even a videogame character.
It’s called the Grinch Leak because in the bottom right corner and the top left, there are images of the grinch promotional material for the new movie, not because people actually think the grinch is possible.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Piranha Plant is the best adittion to Ultimate and at the same time is a missed oportunity, they should add Goomba and Koopa as well and make some sort of Ice Climbers or Pokemon Trainer character, being a character who is complete representation of Super Mario

Last edited:

SmiteKnight

Piranha Plant is the best adittion to Ultimate and at the same time is a missed oportunity, they should add Goomba and Koopa as well and make some sort of Ice Climbers or Pokemon Trainer character, being a character who is complete representation of Super Mario
Spoilers! (I’ve already seen it, but people may not have, it might be a good idea to put that into a spoiler)

Celever

Wheeeee~
Spoilers! (I’ve already seen it, but people may not have, it might be a good idea to put that into a spoiler)
You realise that by quoting him you remove the entire purpose of his spoiler, right?

And also that this is a thread where spoilers are allowed because it's literally about an upcoming game.

Anyway, this roster is awesome but not because of the newcomers. Only non-echo newcomers I care about are the Belmonts and Isabelle. Ridley I hope surprises me at launch because my reservations are essentially he seems out of place in gameplay still, K. Rool is fine but I think there were better options because he doesn't really add anything to the roster, Incineroar is dumb because Pokémon didn't need a new representative, but the actual gameplay of it looks awesome so I'm pretty much fine with it, and I would be hyped for Inkling but honestly I really don't like their moveset; the ink gimmick is gimmicky and seems impractical, and the rest of their moveset thus far hasn't been shown to be good enough to warrant the ink recharge nerf.

The newcomer I'm by far most excited about is Piranha Plant. Watching the Nintendo Direct today, when Piranha Plant was revealed I actually screamed. It's the only character this has happened to me for in SSBU, and in SSB4 it happened a few times.

Spirit Mode looks really fun though.

SmiteKnight

W
You realise that by quoting him you remove the entire purpose of his spoiler, right?

And also that this is a thread where spoilers are allowed because it's literally about an upcoming game.

Anyway, this roster is awesome but not because of the newcomers. Only non-echo newcomers I care about are the Belmonts and Isabelle. Ridley I hope surprises me at launch because my reservations are essentially he seems out of place in gameplay still, K. Rool is fine but I think there were better options because he doesn't really add anything to the roster, Incineroar is dumb because Pokémon didn't need a new representative, but the actual gameplay of it looks awesome so I'm pretty much fine with it, and I would be hyped for Inkling but honestly I really don't like their moveset; the ink gimmick is gimmicky and seems impractical, and the rest of their moveset thus far hasn't been shown to be good enough to warrant the ink recharge nerf.

The newcomer I'm by far most excited about is Piranha Plant. Watching the Nintendo Direct today, when Piranha Plant was revealed I actually screamed. It's the only character this has happened to me for in SSBU, and in SSB4 it happened a few times.

Spirit Mode looks really fun though.
Wait, your right lol. I only commented because some people might not have seen the direct, and don’t want spoilers. I am going to unironically main PPlant tho. Inkling looks fun, and I think that ink wont be that much of a nerf, because, imo, it works a little like cloud limit. More limit/ink=better character (although cloud is just good without limit)

Celever

Wheeeee~
W

Wait, your right lol. I only commented because some people might not have seen the direct, and don’t want spoilers. I am going to unironically main PPlant tho. Inkling looks fun, and I think that ink wont be that much of a nerf, because, imo, it works a little like cloud limit. More limit/ink=better character (although cloud is just good without limit)
It's much more similar to Olimar without his pikmin than it is to Cloud. That is to say, Inkling has use without ink, but barely. Cloud is a powerup on an already good character.

SmiteKnight

It's much more similar to Olimar without his pikmin than it is to Cloud. That is to say, Inkling has use without ink, but barely. Cloud is a powerup on an already good character.
I think the larger problem is that there is a significant lack of Ink Recharging among players. In my opinion, you should treat Ink like you treat limit: charge it every time you can. Opponent dies? Recharge. Opponents Offstage and you cant edgeguard? Recharge.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
The Pirahna Plant is our customary "joke character". It was hilarious seeing all the salt and rage when Sakurai dropped that bombshell. There will be DLC coming, but there were a lot of angry people in the comments section watching the Nintendo Direct.

SmiteKnight

Can we just talk about how Ungrateful so many people were? It was honestly frustrating. Sakurai poured his heart and soul into this game, and gave us SO MUCH, and yet people still complained, soley cuz they (myself included (I didn’t complain tho)) put their faith in a leak.