Games Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Megathread

Discussion in 'Beachfront Hangout' started by quakingpunch73, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Holden Sheeks a.k.a. WinterShorts
    Holden Sheeks

Advanced Member Member

Well, a couple of things. Just the way he moves thanks to the engine is one thing, since Yoshi can finally dash dance and when you jump, I swear he skyrockets immediately to the peak of his jump just like most other characters in this game. Furthermore, the up-B on the Eggs send him way more up than he ever did in any previous games, boosting his recovery by a longshot. Not that any of this is negative in any way, this just makes him different and playing him similar to what I did in Smash 4 punishes me a little. Eggs are not as safe as they were in Smash 4. Better because they bounce off the ground, specifically meaning that Yoshi can hover direct horizontal space just by throwing the egg in a certain direction, but not as hard-hitting as Smash 4's eggs now that most other hitboxes slash through the eggs. Up-air can juggle way more consistently now, and his tilts are all overall better.

I feel kind of bad for not responding to this post in like....oh god almost a full month but I recently picked up Yoshi again to try and play in tournaments again and I'm happy to report I've been doing rather decently with him. I placed 8th place out of 110 people in an Ohio monthly tournament, losing round 1 already as my Inkling and then making a godlike losers run with mostly Yoshi from that point on.

2. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK The Phazing Spider-Man
    TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

Now that I have finally had the play time to unlock all of the playable characters, I can officially join this saying that my main is Corrin. I have learned her (since I play female Corrin) combos better and faster than any other character and actually used her to unlock most of the games players. This is the first Smash game I have actually gotten into and I'm going to say that, as someone who has never played a Fire Emblem game, I really like the majority of its characters as portrayed in Smash Ultimate but will only really play Corrin out of the bunch.

With Corrin as my main, I have Link as my secondary and Greninja as a tertiary.

3. SmiteKnight Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
    SmiteKnight

#PlantGangRiseUp!
    Who is with me!

4. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK The Phazing Spider-Man
    TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

Probably won't replace my Corrin main though!

5. Mountain Wrecker Soggy Cardboard.
    Mountain Wrecker

does anyone have good tips for pokemon trainer? im trying my best to use the movesets of all three pokemon but i often times just use ivysaur bc im a bit lost.

6. Nyora Ticked Off ^^
    Nyora

I’ve had the game since release day and have played it almost every single day but still don’t know who my main is. I’m trying out Dark Samus, Chrom, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Kirby, Piranha Plant, Roy, and Ridley. That’s what I’ve boiled it down too since release :U

7. Mountain Wrecker Soggy Cardboard.
    Mountain Wrecker

YOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE RIDLEY,, he's my main right next to my blonde bb Cloud

8. Nyora Ticked Off ^^
    Nyora

Cloud’s pretty good, but I prefer Marth characters like Marth, Fire Marth, and Hot Marth instead ;P

9. i main piranha plant and jigglypuff. ya know, for the memes

10. FourteenAlmonds Roasted, but not salty
    FourteenAlmonds

I main Greninja, but I haven't been able to figure out a second.

I guess maybe Fox, Game&Watch and Lucario have been doing the best for me so far, and I'll try to narrow it down from there.

11. Mountain Wrecker Soggy Cardboard.
    Mountain Wrecker

I am...
    READY TO RUMBLE

12. Ephemera the cat broke the typewriter~
    Ephemera

What do you guys think of Joker from Persona 5?

13. FourteenAlmonds Roasted, but not salty
    FourteenAlmonds

I love Joker, but I haven't purchased the DLC yet ;-;

Still, from playing at a friend's house, I found that he's generally pretty fast overall with a strong combo game. My only complaint so far is that his f-smash is pretty slow compared to what I'm used to.

14. Nyora Ticked Off ^^
    Nyora

Joker is alright. He certainly isnt the best character, but hes got a lot of ups. He has a very steong combo game, gundashing, anf ino great aerials too. Ive never really neen able to play him but, he looks cool. Arsene really changes the field once it gets out, the only thing about it is that if your good on the timer you can stall it out rather simply.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

GrandPanacea, Juliacoolo, Tails