Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
##VOTE: Camoclone
I'm proud for my read to be correct and it's a double day so we should be able to just keep going.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
Honestly, what argument could anyone possibly have to prevent me from lynching Camo!? Y'all promised me that he'll die a sacrifice, so why am I seeing Cel dead!?

Zone Q11

##VOTE: Camoclone
I'm proud for my read to be correct and it's a double day so we should be able to just keep going.
Wait. Double what now? *checks* What does "Hurry it up" do again? *rechecks* Oh. It did that. Nice.

Zone Q11

Honestly, what argument could anyone possibly have to prevent me from lynching Camo!? Y'all promised me that he'll die a sacrifice, so why am I seeing Cel dead!?
After a quick review, I remembered that Yesterday's lynch was between Cel, Jabber and Camo. So Camo actually had a reason to be lynched regardless... Hooray!

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Game will be on pause for a couple hours. I don't have time right now to deal with this.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
MItUcnX.png

It is 5 to lynch. Numbers in parentheses represent the post number of the vote.

Camoclone - 5 Ability Effect (1079), Ability Effect (1079), Ability Effect (1079), Zone (1080), NP (1082) LYNCHED

Not voting: Keeper, Drac, Camo bb, Mariano

Majority was reached as of post 1082. Any votes after that point are not honored especially after a game freeze Keeper you should know better, for shame.

Trixie takes in the sight of Twilight's castle in the early morning. Well... it feels like morning, even if it doesn't look like it. She doubts Twilight is awake right now, but if the frantic entry into the castle by one of the ponies guarding the door was any indication, she'd be up real quick.

As she approaches the front steps, the one remaining guard blocks her way. Trixie smiles at him. "I'm here to see Twilight. Make yourself useful and fetch her for me, won't you?"

The earth pony guard is unfazed. "Her Highness is already being summoned. Stay right there and I won't have to hurt you." Trixie can't see a weapon on him, but then she looks downward; all four of his hooves are clad in some sort of spiked shoe. She tries not to think of what it would feel like to get bucked by such a weapon. He's almost as big as McIntosh was; he looked capable of doing some real harm, hoof spikes or no.

The door magics open hard, knocking the guard in his rump. "Oops! Sorry," Trixie hears as Minuette steps outside. She makes a show of cloaking the blade of her sword in a golden glow, hoping to intimidate Trixie. Trixie ignores her.

She notices Twilight looking past her, around her. "Looking for somepony?"

"What is this, Trixie?" Twilight asks, all business, still stressed from her earlier conversation with Minuette. "Do you really think you can just waltz up here and act like everything's okay after everything you've done?" She turns to the guard. "Do a search of the perimeter and report back as soon as you can."

The guard nods and lumbers off, leaving the three mares on the castle steps. "I'm here by myself, Twilight. No one knows I'm here. I've come to surrender."

Twilight gives Trixie the most sarcastic of glares. "What."

"I surrender," Trixie says again. "The Deadly Alliance has become boring. With Tirek dead, my magic is significantly weaker, and--"

"No, stop," Twilight cuts her off, waving a hoof in front of her. "You've killed a lot of ponies. I personally watched you murder the mayor. She wasn't even looking. Her back was to you and you killed her in cold blood. And you want to join us because it's not fun anymore? Are you serious?" Twilight feels herself getting angrier. Before, the idea was more silly than anything, but recounting part of Trixie's crimes has put it into perspective.

"I figured you'd say that. Tell me this, then: has Starlight been well? I've really missed her..."

"I'm not doing this with you right now, Trixie." Twilight barely prevents herself from going off on a rant about how she had to console a heartbroken Starlight Glimmer when Trixie had revealed herself to be part of the Deadly Alliance.

"How about this, then: I can tell you who the other spies are."

Just like that, Twilight's rising anger plummets into nothingness. "There are more?" she asks weakly.

"Yes," Trixie confirms. "Each of us has our own personal spy. There are some spies among the peasant soldiers, but I'm not familiar with any of those ponies."

"Tell us everything you know," Minuette orders, pointing her glowing sword at Trixie.

Trixie just laughs. "Ah, no. You'll kill me the moment I do. But I am a mare of my word. As a show of faith, I'll give you one name. Keep me alive until the war is over and I'll tell you who Sombra's spy is, and trust me, you wanna know who it is. Deal?"

Twilight thinks it over. Were there any downsides to this? This was exactly like her situation with Mr. Cake. This time, however, she wouldn't make the same mistake she did with him. "Deal," she agrees, and Trixie takes off her cloak, holding it afloat with her magic.

"Remember when I said I had this custom made?" she asks.

The point is minor, but somewhere in her mind, she remembers. "Yeah..."

"Who do you think made it?"

Trixie shows Twilight a small section on the inside corner, by the collar. Twilight's eyes widen in disbelief as they see Rarity's cutie mark, stitched neatly into the cloak.

N...no way... I... Rarity too? This has to be fake, there's just no way...

Twilight feels herself tearing up - she can't stop looking at the evidence as plain as day in front of her. She fails to hear the hum of magic coming from several feet behind her; fortunately for her, Minuette looks into the castle to see a magic-augmented spear fired. "Look out!" Minuette yells, tackling Twilight out of the way. Trixie is not so lucky, and the tip of the spear impales her through the face. She crumples to the ground, killed instantly by the attack.

Rarity saunters out of the castle, horn glowing light blue, and surveys her handiwork. "I suppose that's also acceptable, given the situation," she says.

"It's over, Rarity!" Minuette declares as she gets off the ground, making sure she is adequately covering Twilight.

"I know. I saw her show you the cloak." She lifts it in her magic, examining it, considering putting it on but deciding against it. "It really is some of my finest work. I suppose my vanity got the best of me when I sewed in my cutie mark, but then again, I was not expecting Trixie to... have a change of heart, either."

Minuette doesn't bother waiting for Twilight's command. She raises her magicked blade up and swings, intent on severing this traitor's head from her body, but Rarity doesn't let her. She grabs Minuette's blade and easily hurls it away, out of her reach. Minuette responds by firing several small bursts of magic at Rarity, and to Minuette's surprise, Rarity lets all of them hit her. Rarity smirks at Minuette as a huge wave of energy explodes out from Rarity's body. Twilight barely has time to respond, protecting the two of them in the nick of time.

"I'd be careful if I were you.... it's a little insurance policy Trixie and I thought up. Any spell that I take is paid back double. Looks like you're not the only one who can write new magic," she says to Twilight.

"Just shut up," Twilight says simply. "I can't believe you-- wait. Wait a second. So... those ponies who you said you were spies were--"

"Just looking to help. Of course, they stood no chance against my magic. The first one didn't suspect a thing. I killed him while he wasn't looking. The second one saw me do it, but he too fell to my magic. The third one was a little tougher. I remember, he was a unicorn, very talented. I ended up only knocking him unconscious. I had to think quickly, so I hit myself over the head and..." she sighs. "Set the Boutique on fire. I'd planned on letting him burn to death, but I'm ashamed to admit the fire got out of my control... but then you came along," she says, smiling at Twilight. "That spell you did to put out the fire - sealing the boutique in an airtight bubble - very impressive. Though I can't imagine it was very enjoyable for that poor fool I'd knocked out. He'd come to just before I escaped - the bastard made me trip and fall. He couldn't exactly move, as I'd broken his front legs, and the fire plus my own shrieks drowned out his cries for help. Your spell did the rest, and he suffocated to death."

Minuette is glaring daggers at Rarity, ready to go another round with her, counter spell or no, when she sees somepony slowly approaching from inside. Her horn lights up in a light raspberry, and a tremendously powerful, relaxing calm washes over the three mares on the steps. Minuette can hardly believe how serene she feels - it's like Lemon Hearts's spell, but a hundred, no, a thousand times more effective. When the spellcasting mare comes up behind Rarity with a knife, neither Minuette nor Twilight feel any desire to stop her. She focuses more of the spell on Rarity, leaving Minuette and Twilight as unwilling, if uncaring, participants.

"Take the knife," she whispers to Rarity.

Rarity does so, admiring it in her hooves. It's a simple kitchen knife in reality, but the spell has taken hold of her completely. "Such stunning craftsmanship!" Rarity declares. The blade shines in the light of the pony's horn. Rarity runs it gently across her hoof, shuddering as a paper-thin line of blood appears, marring her pristine white coat. "And so sharp."

The spellcaster nods. "Yes. Now kill yourself."

Rarity looks saddened at the suggestion. "But the blade will get dirty..."

"It's okay. That will only make it more beautiful. The deeper you cut, the more beautiful you'll become. Doesn't that sound wonderful?"

At this reassurance, Rarity's face lights up like a filly in a candy store. "Oh, yes! It sounds simply divine!"

"Good. Now cut. Let your blood flow beautifully."

"Y-yes, of course..." Rarity sits, gripping the knife in her magic. She giggles as she looks herself over. "Dear me, I don't know where to start!" She spots a particularly meaty part of her near her flank and, with a breath of anticipation, drives the knife into the hilt. She feels zero pain - Cadance's spell is numbing her completely. Rarity moans something almost post-coital in nature as she saws the knife through herself, lodging it somewhere in her ribcage. Her pretty white coat is stained a sickly dark red as she wallows in a growing pool of her own blood. "Oh, just look at me!" Rarity yells to herself more than anyone. "I'm... so... beautiful..."

Rarity falls over, her life extinguished, and Princess Cadance finally stops her spell. Minuette takes one look at Rarity and screams. Twilight's reaction is more composed. "Wow, Cadance. Overboard much?"

"Not for somepony like her," she answers. "I heard most of what she said."

"Have you tried using that on Sombra?" Twilight asks as she tends to a trembling Minuette.

Cadance shakes her head. "It wouldn't work on him. It doesn't work on anypony stronger than me, and that's not a high bar to clear, what with the Deadly Alliance's aura permeating everything. It works just fine on regular ponies, though."

"Remind me to never piss you off," Minuette finally says. "That spell gives me the creeps. I've never felt so... violated."

Cadance smiles at her. "Calming ponies is my special talent," she says, lighting up her horn again. Immediately, Minuette feels better, but it's a nice, soothing feeling, not anywhere near as intense as before. "This spell just takes it to the extreme. I don't use it often - only with criminals with valuable information who aren't keen on sharing. I put you two under the spell to stop you from spooking Rarity, that's all. Nothing to worry about."

Twilight sighs. "All right, you two, let's go. This war is going to end soon, one way or another, and I'd like us all to be alive when it happens, although..." She looks up to the sky, temporarily shrouded in a neverending night. "I'm not sure exactly how much of Equestria is going to be standing when all is said and done." She gestures to Rarity's corpse. I'll have the guards clean... this... up."

Camoclone was lynched. Camoclone was:

You are "The Great and Powerful" Trixie Lulamoon, and you are aligned with the Deadly Alliance.

A unicorn magician and boastful showmare, you initially came to Ponyville to put on your magic show, claiming that you could best anypony in magic. While the other ponies in Ponyville were initially on your side, it didn't take long for Twilight Sparkle to prove her magic was greater, something you resented for years. Eventually you got your hooves on the Alicorn Amulet, which corrupted you and forced you to treat everypony cruelly. Since Twilight tricked you into taking it off, you've reformed yourself and even befriended Starlight Glimmer, much to Twilight's surprise. Though you've patched things up with Twilight, you're still joining the villains because you believe that this is the winning side. With all this power on your side, combined with your own tricks, you're sure that things can only go well for you.

Passive Ability: Deadly Alliance
Unwilling to risk further treason, Tirek has ordered you to report to a secret location at the end of each day. You have been supplied with a QuickTopic where you and your allies can discuss the game. The link will be sent to you in a separate PM.

Active Ability: Flash Bomb
Your magical talents focus on trickery, deception, and stagecraft; the use of flashy spells can distract the audience while the trick is performed. Once a night, you may PM me ##FLASH: Player. You will set off a flash bomb in close vicinity, blinding them and preventing them from using any Active Abilities during that night. The bright flash will also keep other players away, meaning that player will also be unable to be targeted by any Active Abilities themselves. You can't use this on the same player during consecutive nights.

Active Ability: Alicorn Amulet
The Alicorn Amulet is a wicked accessory that corrupts the user when they wear it. It also drastically enhances magical abilities, allowing for some intense spell usage... but at a cost. Once a night, up to three times per game, you may PM me ##MANIFEST: Ability, and one of the following three abilities:

- Ability 1: You will watch over everyone who has access to your factional QuickTopic, learning the identity of everyone who visited them during this night. You will not be shown as visiting any of these players. If you do this, you must also choose a player. That player will be completely deathproof for the next phase. A phase is one day/night cycle. (Protection begins tonight.) You can't use this ability on the same player on consecutive nights.
- Ability 2: You will put on a show for everypony, preventing the use of all other Active Abilities.
- Ability 3: Choose 2 players. Those players will experience some sort of buff to their roles during the next night. Not all players can receive the benefits of this ability.

Each time you use one of these abilities, you will have a unmovable vote placed on you every day for the rest of the game. These votes will be shown in vote counts as "Ability Effect", and persist even during LyLo.

Farewell Ability: Demystify
Farewell, Trixie. You put on a good show, but it ended up being your last one ever. But your last trick might just be your best one yet. The effects of each of your surviving allies' Farewell Abilities will be posted in the Deadly Alliance factional QuickTopic. If you were lynched, the Farewell Abilities of two randomly chosen EDF-aligned players who were on your lynch wagon will also be given to your team. (Your team will learn to whom the abilities belong.)

Win Condition: Deadly Alliance makes up half or more of all living players

Safe claim:

You are Rarity, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

A fashionista from Ponyville and Sweetie Belle's older sister. You have a love of all things beautiful and have a tendency to overreact when the situation doesn't call for it. You work as a fashion designer, owning three different stores where dresses of your own design are sold. You've even made dresses for your friends and others free of charge on numerous occasions, which is unsurprising, given your status as the Element of Generosity. Though you're a lady and expect to be treated as such, you're also proficient in close-quarters combat, having physically beaten down some of Equestria's enemies in the past... but you doubt that would work against the likes of Tirek and his ilk.

Active Ability: Radiance
As the Power Pony, Radiance, you can create energy constructs using the power of your jewelry. Surely this can be useful for keeping everypony safe? Once a night, you may PM me ##WALL: Player. You will go to their house and construct a giant wall of energy in front of their door, preventing anypony from visiting them during this night... but while nopony can get in, nopony can get out, either... Player will also be unable to use their own Active Abilities during this night. It's a small price to pay for such beautiful protection. You can't use this on the same player during consecutive nights.

Active Ability: Inspiration Manifestation
When you were experiencing a design funk, Spike found a magic book called Inspiration Manifestation that allowed you to bring your imagination to life. Unfortunately, the book was cursed, and it literally brought your ideas to life. The end result was all manner of inappropriate creations, like turning a birdhouse into a birdmansion and changing the food at a foal's birthday party into fancy hors d'oeuvres. But now that you know the secret to escaping the book's spell, you can use it to your benefit and do some real good... but at a cost. Once a night, up to three times per game, you may PM me ##MANIFEST: Ability, and one of the following three abilities:

- Ability 1: Choose a player. That player will be completely deathproof for the next phase. A phase is one day/night cycle. (Protection begins tonight.) You can't use this ability on the same player on consecutive nights.
- Ability 2: You will put on a show for everypony, preventing the use of all other Active Abilities.
- Ability 3: Choose 2 players. Those players will experience some sort of buff to their roles during the next night. Not all players can receive the benefits of this ability.

Each time you use one of these abilities, you will have a unmovable vote placed on you every day for the rest of the game. These votes will be shown in vote counts as "Ability Effect", and persist even during LyLo.

Farewell Ability: Designer Magic
Locked. This ability unlocks when you die. (If you are lynched, it will appear unlocked in your flip.)

Win Condition: All threats eliminated

All votes have been reset. Day 5 continues and ends whenever someone is lynched. There are 6 players left, so it is 4 to lynch.

Zone Q11

I got a belated "Day 4 update" from PMJ saying I'd had a dream where I saw that at least one of bb, Cel, and Camo is definitely scum.
Let's see... Unless the dream could hold two scums in it, then bb's practically cleared. NP's indie while Mariano and I are town. So that leaves me with Keeper and GM Drac.

...to be honest, it's pretty obvious who is the last scum. Keeper somehow got Mariano's attention with his bomb claim, but the one to
-> claim an ability because it was useless (Why would you even do that even if it was useless? There wasn't even an ounce of pressure on you to do so IIRC)
-> voted Jabber without many (or in fact, any) arguments
-> and stated that his gut feelings are not helping because he isn't an analyzing player in the first place (which can basically be used as an easy cover for scum)

...is GM Drac.
##VOTE: GM Draclord

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
ftr I'm cleared because of my role, not because of the dream.

---Keeper is soft-cleared because Camo's farewell ability gets information on other farewell abilities, which would be redundant if Keeper was mafian because of similarities in role. Mariano soft-cleared because he accidentally tried to get Jabber lynched (a weird mafian play) and because it would be redundant to have two JOATs (with blocks, mind you) on the same scum team. NP is indie.

I'm feeling a slight bit of paranoia that Zone is actually a mafian, as Camo went out of his way to delay an inevitable death and I immediately assume that Camo had a plan in mind in doing so. Realistically though, Drac is hella scummy and we should have a second lynch up our sleeve after today if all goes bad. Not voting as of yet.

So... am I the only one who's confused about this? Shouldn't it be three?
Three isn't the majority, four is.

Zone Q11

ftr I'm cleared because of my role, not because of the dream.
Oh. Right. Nobody counterclaimed Twilight. Fair point.
I'm feeling a slight bit of paranoia that Zone is actually a mafian, as Camo went out of his way to delay an inevitable death and I immediately assume that Camo had a plan in mind in doing so. Realistically though, Drac is hella scummy and we should have a second lynch up our sleeve after today if all goes bad. Not voting as of yet.
-> Has Camo always had hidden agendas when he was scum?
-> About that, who are there left to be put in the second lynch? If GM Drac isn't scum then we might as well go back to square one.
I assume that the 5/7 number is wrong, Zone --- it probably should have been 4/7.
Oh. Okay.
... ...huh? Then, why does it say that Camo has three Ability Effects and NP's and my vote on it? Had it been 4 to lynch, then PMJ would have said that NP's vote was not counted, just like Keeper's, right?

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Active Ability: Flash Bomb
Your magical talents focus on trickery, deception, and stagecraft; the use of flashy spells can distract the audience while the trick is performed. Once a night, you may PM me ##FLASH: Player. You will set off a flash bomb in close vicinity, blinding them and preventing them from using any Active Abilities during that night. The bright flash will also keep other players away, meaning that player will also be unable to be targeted by any Active Abilities themselves. You can't use this on the same player during consecutive nights.

Active Ability: Alicorn Amulet
The Alicorn Amulet is a wicked accessory that corrupts the user when they wear it. It also drastically enhances magical abilities, allowing for some intense spell usage... but at a cost. Once a night, up to three times per game, you may PM me ##MANIFEST: Ability, and one of the following three abilities:

- Ability 1: You will watch over everyone who has access to your factional QuickTopic, learning the identity of everyone who visited them during this night. You will not be shown as visiting any of these players. If you do this, you must also choose a player. That player will be completely deathproof for the next phase. A phase is one day/night cycle. (Protection begins tonight.) You can't use this ability on the same player on consecutive nights.

Farewell Ability: Demystify
Farewell, Trixie. You put on a good show, but it ended up being your last one ever. But your last trick might just be your best one yet. The effects of each of your surviving allies' Farewell Abilities will be posted in the Deadly Alliance factional QuickTopic. If you were lynched, the Farewell Abilities of two randomly chosen EDF-aligned players who were on your lynch wagon will also be given to your team. (Your team will learn to whom the abilities belong.)

The bolded part clarify why Camo act more bomblike last day. Since it better for him to get lynch rather then histeammate due to the area effect. I'm not quite sure why the day still continue with Camo's lynch (Did I missed something) but Zone voting hastily for Camo isn't very townlike since the day might have ended earlier without any discussion. Since NP indie helping end the day early could still help him win.

##VOTE: ZoneQ11

Zone Q11

I'm not quite sure why the day still continue with Camo's lynch (Did I missed something) but Zone voting hastily for Camo isn't very townlike since the day might have ended earlier without any discussion. Since NP indie helping end the day early could still help him win.
Uh... have you even checked the posts?
How is it possible that you saw me and NP voting Camo, yet not read that it was NP's ability that prolonged the day?

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Hard Clears:
BB cleared for being Twilight.
Keeper cleared for confirmed being a town bomb in setup.
NP is indie.

Soft Clear:
Zone for those interactions with Camo.

The Remainder:
Mariano
Drac

I suggest somebody with time on their hands ISOs those two.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Oh. Camo pushed on Zone for basically the entire game... forgot about that. Very happy with ##VOTE: Drac right now. Question for @GM DracLord; why are you town?

@NinjaPenguin; You clear Keeper for being a bomb that is probably town, yet you didn't clear Mariano for being the JOAT that is probably town . I don't see how these scenarios are any different?

Aside, Drac's key contributions as described by Zone is basically a stripped-down ISO, and that should be adequate for informing your vote right now.

Zone Q11

Oh. Camo pushed on Zone for basically the entire game... forgot about that.
As much as I would like to ask how you could forget that, I had forgotten about your claim as well. So I suppose we now stand even.

That aside, could you please answer my questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.