SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
When the bloody Hell do I get my Dragonite?

Dragon Majesty releases September 07, 2018; with Dragonite-GX.

I dont think you can do this consistent ( in Standard) because you would be left with only one 120 hp weak to darkness pokemon in the active. Zoroark says hello. Even once is still unlikely.

Agreed, to an extent.
Remember, you'd only have up to 4 Giratina.

So, bench would likely be:
  • Giratina
  • Giratina
  • Giratina
  • Giratina/Back up Cofagrigus
  • Back up Cofagrigus
So, 120/150 damage, 30 from CB.
Next turn bring back 3 Giratinas, 30 damage of counters... Totals to 210.
That KOs Zoroark.

EDIT:
100/130 (if only giratina discarded) + 30 CB + 3 damage counter (giratina) = 160/190 which doesnt KO Zoroark without mentioning Resistance.

Still... don't know how reliable this strat actually is...
Seems you'll be losing your attacker almost every turn; very fun concept, though.

Last edited:

jinjitsu

Aspiring Trainer
Dragon Majesty releases September 07, 2018; with Dragonite-GX.

Agreed, to an extent.
Remember, you'd only have up to 4 Giratina.

So, bench would likely be:
  • Giratina
  • Giratina
  • Giratina
  • Giratina/Back up Cofagrigus
  • Back up Cofagrigus
So, 120/150 damage, 30 from CB.
Respectable damage.
Next turn bring back 3 Giratinas, 30 damage of counters... Totals to 210.
That KOs Zoroark.

Still... don't know how reliable this strat actually is...
Seems you'll be losing your attacker almost every turn; very fun concept, though.
Hm your math seems slightly off, in your example it would be :

100/130 (if only giratina discarded) + 30 CB + 3 damage counter (giratina) = 160/190 which doesnt KO Zoroark without mentioning Resistance. Besides I would propably prefer 3 Giratina, Back up Cofagrigus and a Draw Support on the bench but thats just me.

Anselm Sim

Aspiring Trainer
Guys. Suppose you use Giratina’s ability, then you use Hydreigon to Weed out the giratina. Can giratina come back and put damage counters again?

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
No. It is once per turn before you attack.
This is incorrect, Exeggcute had the same "once per turn" clause and could be used infinitely. Once the Pokemon is put back into the discard it's treated as a new Pokemon since you can't keep track of which specific Giratina has already used Torn Door. I'll put this here to prove the Exeggcute ruling:

Q. If I use Exeggcute's "Propagation" Ability to retrieve it from the Discard Pile into my hand, then use something like Ultra Ball or Computer Search to discard Exeggcute, would I be able to use "Propagation" again to retrieve it from the Discard Pile?
A. Yes, whenever Exeggcute is in the Discard Pile, you may use Propagation during your turn as long as its Ability has not been disabled. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

Oh and this:

316.10a A card that changes zones is no longer the same card, even if it returns to the previous zone. Any modifiers on that card are removed when changing zones.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2

100/130 (if only giratina discarded) + 30 CB + 3 damage counter (giratina) = 160/190 which doesnt KO Zoroark without mentioning Resistance. Besides I would propably prefer 3 Giratina, Back up Cofagrigus and a Draw Support on the bench but thats just me.

Sorry. Morning Math.
added an extra proc, and forgot the "10+"

What card(s) would you add for draw support?
Initial thoughts:
Marshadow
Oricorio

These can be used and discarded, and are also searchable via Mysterious Treasure.​

jinjitsu

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry. Morning Math.
added an extra proc, and forgot the "10+"

What card(s) would you add for draw support?
Initial thoughts:
Marshadow
Oricorio

These can be used and discarded, and are also searchable via Mysterious Treasure.​
I was initially thinking Oranguru but yours sound better, much more fitting to the deck in overall.

gema5

Aspiring Trainer
Giratina's Ability places 2 damage counters, isnt it?

With 3 giratina loop, cofagrigus is causing 130 + 6 damage, which is 190 damage total.

Anyways, very hard strategy. Expanded still prefers mega rayquaza.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
This is incorrect, Exeggcute had the same "once per turn" clause and could be used infinitely. Once the Pokemon is put back into the discard it's treated as a new Pokemon since you can't keep track of which specific Giratina has already used Torn Door. I'll put this here to prove the Exeggcute ruling:

Oh and this:
where did you find the second quote? i remember exeggcute's ability worked like that because he went to the hand and it's technically not possible to know if it's the same exeggcute or not (even if you do the effect 5 times)

pre-posting edit:

well guess it doesn't matter, here's another ruling that is pretty much the exact scenario being asked

Q. If I use Darkrai GX's "Restoration" Ability and then somehow it gets back into the Discard Pile (e.g. Parallel City, followed by Field Blower), could I use "Restoration" again to retrieve it from the Discard Pile?
A. Yes, whenever Darkrai GX is in the Discard Pile, you may use Restoration during your turn as long as its Ability has not been disabled. (Aug 31, 2017 TPCi Rules Team)

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
Tangrowth/Shaymin/Po Town anyone?

does 190/turn w. grass+dce+band, plus Po Town's evolve damage.

Wouldnt Po town only help it heal the first turn you would attack? Rainbow energy might be an alternative option as well, since shaymin heals 20, you can fully heal the damage rather than leave 10 left. You could also run 2 shaymins to heal 40 and cancel out po town!

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer

Actually it wouldnt work unless you either guzma a new target up or use repel before using the giratina abilities, as ypu can only place the damage counters onto the bench.