SM7a 'Fairy Rise' Announced!

Rindon

Aspiring Trainer
Golisopod was already decent...now add in grovel ability and sceptile from celestial storm...I see grass decks setting up fairly well. I believe the baby sceptile shutting down ultra beast Pokemon is big since almost all of the dominant Ohko attackers are ultra beasts.

Sceptile gx is also good 1 energy 60 damage plus discard energy...two energy 130 damage plus move energy to bench. The gx attack could be better.

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Sceptile GX is alright, but the Grovyle is great, didn't expect for it to have a Grass version of the old Gabite's ability.

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
Can't have a fairy set without meee ♥

Also, get that sigilyph OUT OF HERE. Please, no more safeguard shenanigans. Please. please. please... please

Edit: Thank goodness, it isn't Safeguard, so it still takes the damage. But with all damage being received reflecting back onto the defending Pokemon, it's still going to be hard to attack.

Last edited:

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
Is that Morty from the Johto Gym Leaders? If I did miss his reveal earlier whoops but it is a pleasant surprise to see him. It also looks like Psychic gets what I'm guessing as Spell Tag as tool as well.

What makes me sad though is that it doesn't look like Jigglypuff gets Round. REALLY wand a wider selection for basics besides three. Man now I want a Meloetta Prism with Round.

Gardevoirgx

Aspiring Trainer
Meloetta not very good, but nice art-work, I am happy.
New Kirlia will replace sm3 kirlia.
One eye bird GX has an insane ability, we will rely on non-GX mon very much now.
A few abilities and attacks? with fairy charm but no.

Looks like the 'power-up' for fairies from this whole-set are just the charms and 1 supporter.

CESit

Aspiring Trainer
Question about Sigilyph: If it gets knocked out, does it still apply the damage?
It should if this wording stays the same as its the same as previous cards. Should of course being the operative word, can't be confirmed until Japanese rulings and such. So in theory if it has 10 hp left but gets hit for 120, the ability still does 120 back

jo94

Gen 3 lover
And now zoroark has a brand new friend, but actually it depends on if it reflects the damage even if it dies

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone figured out what Shedninja does? Even my brother who speaks Japanese can't figure it out. Looks interesting apparently.

EDIT: It becomes a tool and the defending pokemon attached to it that gets KOed, opponent apparently only takes 1 less prize. That's not bad I suppose.

Last edited:

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Ribombee is sickening with Gardevoir GX.

Not much (unless you are metal) can one shot a Gardevoir. Now with Ribombee I can retreat my Gardevoir and let it safely sit on the bench until I can max potion it or Acerola it. Don't have to worry about Guzma for knockout. Plain sick. Can't shut off Ribombee either.

Also I was thinking Cyrus might be a nice card to play against Gardevoir GX when the fairies come back, so much for Cyrus.

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Then when my wounded Gardevoir(s) are on my bench, I can put down a Xerneas Prism, collect all the fairy energies off, and hit for 190 with CB. Sick!