'Dragon Majesty: Legends of Unova-GX Collection' in October!

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
Zekrom GX has that one nice attack for one energy 100 damage (choice band) to GXs, doesn't hit for weakness on anything, but I could see a one of line (might be a stretch) in Ray/Vika decks, given the arrival of the epic Zeraora GX with free retreat. Zek could be an early game attacker... but Buzzwole.

Serenade808

Aspiring Trainer
Infernape/Reshiram GX? Set Chimchar and Kiawe first turn on Reshiram. Next turn rare candy into infernape then swing for 110 with Resh. opponent burned for 60 instead of 20 = 170 damage (or 200 with choice band)

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Infernape/Reshiram GX? Set Chimchar and Kiawe first turn on Reshiram. Next turn rare candy into infernape then swing for 110 with Resh. opponent burned for 60 instead of 20 = 170 damage (or 200 with choice band)
Or just attach 1 energy for turn use first attack next turn attach energy for turn. That way you can use a different supporter. Plus side of kiewe would be not having to have it in active spot. Plus 2oo is not number u wanna hit 210 is. But still kinda good.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Zekrom - weak to fighting... what a buzz kill. ;)

Reshiram - His energy acceleration deserves a second look. This guy could lead to fast starts. Flame Charge pulls energy pulls energy onto him (Reshiram self-combusts! o_O ... I'm on fire!), which is always nice, and he's playable with Kiawe.
Turn 1: Flame Charge or Kiawe. (Have to add another energy for Turn 2 for Flame Charge).
Turn 2: Vermilion GX - decent damage (OHKO?), but needs 4 energy on Reshiram PLUS the energy in hand. Maybe Lady (via Lele + Wonder Tag?) to get the energy in hand? Add Turtonator GX or Ho-Oh on the bench. Result: going into Turn 3 with two loaded GXs. That's nasty.
Anyone got any other ideas on how to leverage Reshiram's energy acceleration? Would be better if Starmie was not rotating out.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
@SquirtleRules dont forget about flint, an item card that gets you 4 fire energies from deck to hand! I think the play will be t1 kiawe into the gx attack to load up a ho-oh gx on the bench

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Of course the Jumbo is with Kyurem in it. They always missed the third member of the trio.
Zeraora-GX - This is awesome!! The fact that it got 0 RC if L energy is present in your field and the fact that you can spam 190 every turn due to the fact that Zeraora gets free retreat due to the ability so you can switch back-and-forth and spam 190 enough to KO Buzzwoles, Dusk Manes, etc. Even tho it is weak to Fighting. The GX atk is for necessary purposes. 5 Geodudes

Zekrom-GX - 100 for 1 Energy enough to 2 or 3HKO GXs since it don't hit for weakness #RIPHoohTarget. Forget the other atks: It's expensive and doesn't use DCE. Where is my regular art? That is my preferred art version of a regular card. 3-4 Geodudes

Samson Oak - Its a worst version of Hau. Draw 4 if you face a mirror match. 1-2 Geodudes

Sorry if I comment late because I was in a vacation

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
@SquirtleRules dont forget about flint, an item card that gets you 4 fire energies from deck to hand! I think the play will be t1 kiawe into the gx attack to load up a ho-oh gx on the bench
Nice catch! I forgot about Flint. The fact that its a tool also means that one can use a supporter for draw before or after. Read: explosive starts.

In a prize card race, energy acceleration is often a major determinant. Especially for the second wave of attacks - this is why beast ring and Baby Buzz are so effective.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
Screw Flame Charge, we have Kiawe. The attack is a nice alternative if you dont have the supporter in your hand. And i think Reshiram GX has potential. Considering the fact that it will be released after rotation. In my opinion, i believe that some of the underrated cards in Sun&Moon will have more uses in Standard come rotation. Such as the Chaos Wheel Mismagius.