• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zygarde GX/Alolan Marowak

Alexander Forcione

Aspiring Trainer
Im trying a build of zygarde GX and the new alolan marowak, the idea of the deck is to build up two zygardes so when one gets guzmaed and koed, i have another one ready. While carbink or the guardians rising rayquaza are other energy accel options, they can only put the energy on one at a time.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 1 Oranguru PR-SM SM13
* 2 Cubone CIN 52
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 3 Zygarde-GX FLI 73
* 2 Alolan Marowak FLI 12
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 4 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 3 Bonnie FLI 103
* 2 N FCO 105
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135

##Energy - 15

* 7 Fighting Energy HS 120
* 4 Strong Energy FCO 115
* 4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Marowak or Carbink both take a lot of time. Here is a faster option that I've been using that works.

Try using energy loto (4) to get a DCE. Then use the ultra ball (4!) or sycamore to get 2 Fighting energy into the discard. The goal is to start with Zygarde and hit with Cell Connector on first turn and load the 2 fighting energy from the discard using that attack (and with Diancie on the bench - you can do 70 damage on first turn for an early lead.)

Another option is to use Scorched Earth to get the Fighting energy into the discard. This also helps draw support and fast set up.

I can get zygarde fully loaded on turn two over 50% of the time, which is faster than buzzwole unless he gets lucky with elixirs and floats him in. Then GX that bug!

Side note - the loto can also fetch a strong energy if you need an extra 20 damage or if you need a fighting energy to feed scorched earth, so its more than a fast start and loading zygarde.

DLyne

OG TRAINER, DECK CONSTRUCTION GURU
I like this build. My current Zygarde Gx deck tries to run with Garchomp/Lucario but it's too clunky....

Great ideas!

ZYGARDE FOREVER!!!

Alexander Forcione

Aspiring Trainer
I added those changes, a 2-2 octilery line and 2 of the non-gx buzzwoles, although space is becoming a bit of an issue

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 2 Buzzwole FLI 77
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 3 Zygarde-GX FLI 73
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 2 Remoraid BKT 31
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 4 Energy Loto GRI 122
* 3 Bonnie FLI 103
* 2 N FCO 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Scorched Earth FCO 110
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125

##Energy - 14

* 6 Fighting Energy HS 120

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
You don't need Strong energy in this deck, as Choice Band and Diancie Prism are enough as damage modifiers. Drop them for 4 more basic Fighting energies, so Max Elixir has a higher likelihood of succeeding. The absolute bare minimum of basic energies in Max Elixir decks is 9 (which Buzzroc typically runs, for comparison's sake).

Last edited:

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
You don't need Strong energy in this deck, as Choice Band and Diancie Prism are enough as damage modifiers. Drop them for 4 more basic Fighting energies, so Max Elixir has a higher likelihood of succeeding. The absolute bare minimum of energies in Max Elixir decks is 9 (which Buzzroc typically runs).
I agree, and thanks to Beast Ring, BuzzRoc decks play more basic Energy than ever. I myself play 12 Basic, 1 Strong and 1 Beast Energy purely because I value hitting my Elixirs and Beast Rings whilst still having enough Energy for manual attachment. It really is all about basic Energy right now.

Alexander Forcione

Aspiring Trainer
i think i do need strong energy, if diancie is knocked out or prized im not doing enough damage. and even with diancie and choice band im only doing 200 damage so agaisnt a golisopod or a buzzwole with a fury belt isnt getting a ko. sure im immune to damage but a guzma negates that, or accerola puts them back in their hand and i wasted my gx and have to waste a bonnie just to do not enough damage again. Same thing for dawn wings necrozma who resists fighting.

and if i get a hit with max elixir, strong energy lets me use cell connector to knock out 70 hp basics if i had to use my resources to zygarde out instead of diancie.

and against a high hp non ex/gx and i dont have bonnie then im only doing 150 so strong energy gets me there too.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
i think i do need strong energy, if diancie is knocked out or prized im not doing enough damage. and even with diancie and choice band im only doing 200 damage so a golisopod or a buzzwole with a fury belt isnt getting a ko. sure im immune to damage but a guzma negates that, or accerola puts them back in their hand and i wasted my gx and have to waste a bonnie just to do not enough damage again.

and if i get a hit with max elixir, strong energy lets me use cell connector to knock out 70 hp basics if i had to use my resources to zygarde out instead of diancie.
With only 6 basic Fighting energies, your odds of Max Elixir hitting are slim. You need more for it to be a consistent card. Strong energy ruins those odds.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
unfortunately its a risk i have to take, id rather miss a max elixir then not do enough damage
It's not worth missing a Max Elixir in this deck given how expensive Zygarde's main attacks are. You still hit 70 damage with a Cell Connector and a Diancie Prism on your bench. The chip damage from Cell Connector also helps with Land's Wrath and Verdict KOs. 10 basic energies is still the norm for Max Elixir decks and this deck is no exception.

Rare Candy goes over why this energy count is the best way to go with this deck.

Alexander Forcione

Aspiring Trainer
yeah but i cant rely on diancie all the time. the only thing i could think to cut is 1 remoraid and 1 octilery to add 2 more energy. but i fear that will mess up my draw support. I could maybe drop the buzzwoles but i wanted a 1 energy attacker that isnt blocked by hoopa and ninetales

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
yeah but i cant rely on diancie all the time. the only thing i could think to cut is 1 remoraid and 1 octilery to add 2 more energy. but i fear that will mess up my draw support. I could maybe drop the buzzwoles but i wanted a 1 energy attacker that isnt blocked by hoopa and ninetales
You need only 1 baby Buzzwole at most since the condition for Sledgehammer's bonus damage is very specific. Also the odds of you prizing Diancie are pretty low given that you can only use 1 copy of it at a time.

Last edited:

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I only run two Strong Energy. You do need them in this deck. But yes, you need at least 9 basic, too. And 4 DCE.

Previous list:
* 6 Fighting Energy HS 120

Mine:
* 9 Fighting Energy HS 120
* 2 Strong Energy FCO 115
- I don't use a special charge. This deck meant to move forward and quickly.

Again, I can get two basic energy in the discard and a DCE on Zygarde 50% of the time on turn one. It makes for a nice early lead.