Help Help with deck for 2018-19 season.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Sooo with the addition of Forbidden Light, many new GX's have been added to the potential high tier meta. I am looking for a good deck to compete in this meta, as I have been struggling finding one that can also fair well against GX's in FBL. My following requirements could help you pin something for me.

My requirements:
- 1 to 2 Tapu Lele (Absolutely no higher), and still runs flush.
- No Buzzwole GX (20 dollars is far too expensive for an overglorified Landorus EX)
- Agressive playstyle. Not fast agression, just aggro. I can play any playstyle, but I prefer aggro just because it plays to the tune of most decks in meta.
- Meta viable that won't be given trouble by the new GX's from FBL.
- My budget is 150, including any Lele.

Thats about it, last deck I played was Mega Mane, then a really good Mega Houndoom EX, those have 0 to do with playstyle however.

Lookin for when to turn on my blinker and pull onto the road!
~AFEX

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Dude no deck fits all of those requirements. You are asking for too much (especially if you want this to be a deck for after rotation like your tittle suggests)

Also your signature is massive. It's twice as big as your sizable post. You could stand to tone it down a little.

Last edited:

FrostBiter12

Upcoming Worlds Competitor!
Sooo with the addition of Forbidden Light, many new GX's have been added to the potential high tier meta. I am looking for a good deck to compete in this meta, as I have been struggling finding one that can also fair well against GX's in FBL. My following requirements could help you pin something for me.

My requirements:
- 1 to 2 Tapu Lele (Absolutely no higher), and still runs flush.
- No Buzzwole GX (20 dollars is far too expensive for an overglorified Landorus EX)
- Agressive playstyle. Not fast agression, just aggro. I can play any playstyle, but I prefer aggro just because it plays to the tune of most decks in meta.
- Meta viable that won't be given trouble by the new GX's from FBL.
- My budget is 150, including any Lele.

Thats about it, last deck I played was Mega Mane, then a really good Mega Houndoom EX, those have 0 to do with playstyle however.

Lookin for when to turn on my blinker and pull onto the road!
~AFEX

Hey @AFEX!

The best thing I could find that would fit your requirements is VikaBulu since it isn't too expensive, is very aggressive, and has decent matchups even after FBL. Other options include Gardevoir GX variants (not as aggressive as decks like Buzzwole GX, but it is a decent option), Dusk Mane Necrozma GX/Magnezone, and Ultra Necrozma GX/Malamar (it is very expensive right now, but I'm pretty sure the prices will go down soon enough). Any of these options are decent, and I'm pretty sure that most of your requirements are met. If you need a list for any of them, let me know and I'd be happy to make one for you!

Hope this helps!
~FrostBiter12

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
You're asking a lot. But there is however, 1 deck that comes to mind: Bulu.

Bulu Vikavolt is consistent, loses almost nothing to rotation, aggressive but not turbo, and can run toe-to-toe with a lot of decks.
Volkner replaces Skyla in rotation, the deck does need 2 Lele, but the rest of the deck is cheap. If you want to find room for an Alolan Vulpix or something, Arceus {*} becomes an option.
And let me get this straight: the last time you played a deck was Mega Man? No offense, but I feel like that's way too long ago to be qualified to help people on their decks as much as you do. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's hard to take someone's advice when they haven't played for real in 2 years.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
You're asking a lot. But there is however, 1 deck that comes to mind: Bulu.

Bulu Vikavolt is consistent, loses almost nothing to rotation, aggressive but not turbo, and can run toe-to-toe with a lot of decks.
Volkner replaces Skyla in rotation, the deck does need 2 Lele, but the rest of the deck is cheap. If you want to find room for an Alolan Vulpix or something, Arceus {*} becomes an option.
And let me get this straight: the last time you played a deck was Mega Man? No offense, but I feel like that's way too long ago to be qualified to help people on their decks as much as you do. I'm not trying to be rude, but it's hard to take someone's advice when they haven't played for real in 2 years.

I may not have Played in 2ish years, but Im very informed, Ive watched every worlds and regionals top 8 Top 5, and Finals live matchups since 2016, roughly watching them twice to understand each players quick time decisions. I also have built and tested some of the new archetypes from SUM GRI BUS CRI ULP and FBL. Even a tad back into mid XY, around BREAKpoint. Im always keeping my eye out for everything new, im subscribed to 7-8 TCG Poketubers, who have built many-a-good decks in recent years.

I see your concern but no worries are nessecary.

I was wondering on sidenote if Zygarde GX Zoroark was any good, thoughts?

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Hey @AFEX!

The best thing I could find that would fit your requirements is VikaBulu since it isn't too expensive, is very aggressive, and has decent matchups even after FBL. Other options include Gardevoir GX variants (not as aggressive as decks like Buzzwole GX, but it is a decent option), Dusk Mane Necrozma GX/Magnezone, and Ultra Necrozma GX/Malamar (it is very expensive right now, but I'm pretty sure the prices will go down soon enough). Any of these options are decent, and I'm pretty sure that most of your requirements are met. If you need a list for any of them, let me know and I'd be happy to make one for you!

Hope this helps!
~FrostBiter12

Just curious, is BUS Necrozma GX/ Malamar a thing?

FrostBiter12

Just curious, is BUS Necrozma GX/ Malamar a thing?

Yeah you could definitely try it, it isn't a bad option (just watch out for Mew EX). Another option would be Mewtwo GX/Malamar since you take one less energy to attack, but either option is fine. I don't know which variant is better since I haven't tested either, but I can work on that if you would like and get back to you on it once I find my answer. Let me know what you think, thanks!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Yeah you could definitely try it, it isn't a bad option (just watch out for Mew EX). Another option would be Mewtwo GX/Malamar since you take one less energy to attack, but either option is fine. I don't know which variant is better since I haven't tested either, but I can work on that if you would like and get back to you on it once I find my answer. Let me know what you think, thanks!

That would be great!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
I just found out about it a week ago, is Zygarde GX Zoroark GX any good?

FrostBiter12

That would be great!

Sure, I'll get to work on it!

I just found out about it a week ago, is Zygarde GX Zoroark GX any good?

It is decent, I made a list a while back in one of my articles on Zygarde GX/Zoroark GX. I'm not sure which one is better just yet between Zygarde GX/Zoroark GX and Zygarde GX/Lyancroc GX, but I'm still testing to see if one proves more competitive then the other. I'll let you know how it goes!

FrostBiter12

Hey @AFEX!

Here is the list that you wanted featuring Necrozma GX/Malamar! I'll explain some card choices below.

Necrozma GX/Malamar-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 2 Dawn Wings Necrozma-GX UPR 63
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 4 Inkay FLI 50
* 1 Mew FCO 29
* 1 Mimikyu GRI 58
* 3 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Malamar FLI 51

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Lillie UPR 125
* 1 Max Potion GRI 128
* 4 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 2 N FCO 105
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149

##Energy - 10

* 10 Psychic Energy 5

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Card Choices-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Espeon EX (BKP): This is probably one of my best ideas for the deck, and I'm really confident in its usefulness. One of the differences between Ultra Necrozma GX and regular Necrozma GX is that the latter can use its GX move at any point (with the downside of it only effecting GX/EXs) while Ultra Necrozma GX has to wait until a total of six prizes remain in play (including your opponent's). Esepon EX and Black Ray GX are your best counter to Zoroark GX variants as you can hit them at any point you want (optimally when they have multiple Zoroark GX/GX partners such as Golisopod GX in play) and devolve them the next turn. Not to mention being able to search out Espeon EX with Mysterious Treasure as well.

Max Potion (GRI): I definitely don't think this card is necessary in the deck, but I thought that having one in wouldn't hurt and the synergy with Necrozma GX (since it discards all of it's energy after an attack) works pretty well. Another reason I put this in here is because I didn't know if you have any particular techs or wishes for the deck that I haven't included in my list, so Max Potion would probably be the first thing I (or you) would cut in order to include something else. It just makes things easier instead of mulling over what cards to take out.

Potential Techs--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor's Letter (BKT): I'm personally not the biggest fan of this card when it comes to Malamar for just two reasons: One, it is another item for decks like Espeon GX/Garbodor (which this deck has trouble with anyways) to take advantage of which makes it even harder to maneuver yourself into a winning position. Two, You might as well play another Psychic Energy instead as it will make sure you have access to energy even late game (when most of your energy is in the discard pile). Now, I wouldn't mind playing one Professor's Letter, I personally just like to play more Energy, but you could always rearrange the numbers based upon your preference.

Altar of the Moone (GRI): I've been on the fence between Float Stone and Altar of the Moone for free retreat options, so I'm not particular sure which one is better. Float Stone means that you don't have to have an energy on Dawn Wings Necrozma GX, but Altar of the Moone allows you to bump opposing Stadiums (such as Parallel City which gives this deck some trouble) and lowers the Item count (to help against Esepon GX/Garbodor). It is really up to you, I don't know myself, but it would be something to test (which it would take a lot of in order to fully understand and I haven't gotten enough testing in to decide just yet).

Anyways, if you need anything else or have any questions, feel free to let me know!

Hope this helps!
~FrostBiter12

FrostBiter12

Oh, and one more thing, you could also throw in a Giratina PR to help against Greninja Break if your worried about it (and potentially attack with if needed). Mysterious Treasure is able to search it out so it is easily accessible at any point. Didn't think about it until now, so sorry I didn't mention it earlier!