Pokémon Bruxish Hacked?

BruxishUser9235

Aspiring Trainer
I was doing some wonder trades today and I happened to receive a really good shiny Bruxish. Its speed was amazing and Attack was decent. I showed my dad and he said that it might be hacked. I looked up how to tell if its hacked but I don´t think it is. I need someone who knows how to figure this out. I really want to use it on my team cause I found really good match ups. One thing I did notice is that its attacks have more pp that it should have. Is it pp ups? I think that´s the only way for it to be like that. Please someone help me I don´t want to get banned.

iSharingan

Competitive VG Tutor and Gizoid
I was doing some wonder trades today and I happened to receive a really good shiny Bruxish. Its speed was amazing and Attack was decent. I showed my dad and he said that it might be hacked. I looked up how to tell if its hacked but I don´t think it is. I need someone who knows how to figure this out. I really want to use it on my team cause I found really good match ups. One thing I did notice is that its attacks have more pp that it should have. Is it pp ups? I think that´s the only way for it to be like that. Please someone help me I don´t want to get banned.
PPups add 1 PP for every 5 original PP. Thus a move with 5 PP will have 8 max with 3 PP ups used/1 PP max, whereas a move with 15 pp will have 24 PP after a PP max.

Pcalc is a thing for 3DS RNG abuse - and 'SoS chanining' yields both a higher shiny rate and better IVs, so its possible its legit. The only way it wouldn't be legal is if it had illegal moves/ability, more than 510 total EVs, and/or the caught level/location was invalid for a wild encounter (hatched from egg requires it to be from the Daycare Couple or a Link Trade. The hatched location can be almost anywhere.). Seeing as its only 2 stats that are good, its likely legal but not the ideal one the OT wanted, so they wonder-traded it. To know for sure, the raw stats arent enough. Nature and level need to be taken into consideration. at level 100, 311 is perfect speed (31 speed IV, 252 speed IVs, and + speed nature). If its legal and optimized for speed and attack, the level 100 stats (assuming Jolly nature) should be:
HP:246-278
Atk:309
Def:145-177
SAtk:130-159
SDef:145-177
Speed:311

if the attack is not that high, another stat (most likely HP) will be likely be higher than what I have listed here.

Last edited:

BruxishUser9235

Aspiring Trainer
PPups add 1 PP for every 5 original PP. Thus a move with 5 PP will have 8 max with 3 PP ups used/1 PP max, whereas a move with 15 pp will have 24 PP after a PP max.

Pcalc is a thing for 3DS RNG abuse - and 'SoS chanining' yields both a higher shiny rate and better IVs, so its possible its legit. The only way it wouldn't be legal is if it had illegal moves/ability, more than 510 total EVs, and/or the caught level/location was invalid for a wild encounter (hatched from egg requires it to be from the Daycare Couple or a Link Trade. The hatched location can be almost anywhere.). Seeing as its only 2 stats that are good, its likely legal but not the ideal one the OT wanted, so they wonder-traded it. To know for sure, the raw stats arent enough. Nature and level need to be taken into consideration. at level 100, 311 is perfect speed (31 speed IV, 252 speed IVs, and + speed nature). If its legal and optimized for speed and attack, the level 100 stats (assuming Jolly nature) should be:
HP:246-278
Atk:309
Def:145-177
SAtk:130-159
SDef:145-177
Speed:311

if the attack is not that high, another stat (most likely HP) will be likely be higher than what I have listed here.

BruxishUser9235

Aspiring Trainer
ok trhanks it says it hatched from an egg so I think its legit
Is there any other way to check if it is or isnt

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
I have like 3 hacked shinies from wonder trade haven't been banned yet ... XD

I have a box with hacked shinies including legendaries that are shiny locked xD I don't think there's any penalty just owning them. It would be unfair to ban players who unknowingly got them over wonder trade.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I have a box with hacked shinies including legendaries that are shiny locked xD I don't think there's any penalty just owning them. It would be unfair to ban players who unknowingly got them over wonder trade.
I legit got a Shiny Hoopa through Wonder Trade, and just deposited in my Pokebank under the box "hacked." I don't even really care that it's hacked since I'm not using it, I just think it's really cool to have!

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
But I need to use it on my team
In case you want to be absolutely sure you won't have a hacked Bruxish, you can use the Bruxish you got to breed another one for your team. You can use an Everstone to make it keep the nature, and get a 6IV Ditto from @Yakkov (Thread here) and attach a Destiny Knot to it to make them keep the IV's (Here's a breeding guide if needed). I you're lucky you'll get a Shiny yourself, but if not, at least you can be 100% sure that your Bruxish will be legit :)

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
You could also try using it online. If it says there is a problem with a Pokemon, you know it is.