Finished PokeBeach Mafia 50: Fray at the Beach - Game Over - Claim Your Prizes and Vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working through his posts from the start atm, give me a few and I'll post my thoughts.

On all of Goomy, Lycanroc & AP, the coaching thing is interesting to me. Like in a regular game with no coaches, you could look at someone who is improving as the thread goes on to be probable mafia getting help from scumbuddies in their daytalk chain. But here with the Town also having access to a coach to assist, it makes that chain of thought less valid.

e.g. Lycanroc has gone from aggressive early to settling down, whereas Goomy & AP have both been consistently sloppy. So that should indicate that Lycanroc is being coached while the others aren't so much. BUT, since they all have access to some form of coaching then it becomes trite.

I will say too, I am sitting on some info that I should share. That Lycanroc 'friended' me during the pregame. This points to someone that is very eager to play (explains his early aggressiveness too), and someone who is more likely to take full advantage of having access to a coach. OR someone who is talking full advantage of scumbuddy daytalk.

That was a roundabout way of coming to no actual conclusion but I wanted to get my thoughts out of head and into thread. I can see solid arguments for all three to be just new town. Also would push Goomy & AP to take more advantage of having a coach to speak with.

For AP specifically, I am pretty forgiving on the stall/avoid of questions. Sloppy play yes, but I had a hard time finding the questions he was avoiding too. Two of his posts do jump out to me though for good reasons;
Look, I'm not saying we're together but one person's info can help people on both sides.
This one is pretty worrying because it's written from a Mafia pov. Like, why would a townie be concerned with helping the other side? But it could be a slip-up of a mafia player who is has that additional concern of needing to see things from both points of view.

##UNVOTE

If I say a thing people will go against me so all I will say is I will be useful if you keep me.
This one is worrying for two reasons. Firstly it's a soft claim to a power role. Claiming is fine when appropriate. And I want to emphasise I am NOT pushing you to solidify your claim here - don't do that please. But this kind of semi-claim helps no-one - if you are town & genuine it just puts a target on your back for mafia to go for. If you are scum it's a half-threat to the cast to not lynch you for how important you are. Either you fully claim or you don't claim at all - this half hearted one is detrimental.

Secondly for the same post, the attitude of clamming up because anything I say is used against me is also a terrible stance to take. If you flip town later in the game we'll have nothing to go on. Even if you are wrong in your thoughts, the best thing is to leave all your thoughts on paper so you're still useful even in death.

Long story short my gut says there is a good chance all three are eager and noob while the mafia sit back not caring too much which one leaves. Gun to head AP is the most suss of the trio.

I also have some thoughts on Gekki but I'll pop them in a new post.

So on Gekki;

None of the below are huge scumtells on their own, but they add up over time. The BIGGEST one for me right now is trying to lock himself into a pattern.

Accused of being a bit too hyper, defense was "but I always play like this!". This is indicative of scum trying to reinforce their normality. A mafia player who has played many times with the same crowd is likely to double-down on the traits that they think other players expect of them, and often go too far. Some veteran here will have to confirm for me if Gekki is going a little more overboard than usual.

Additionally in the last quoted post here, there is the addition of "Hey, this is how TOWN-Gekki always plays.. remember??"

I know you're a noob, but I always make noise like this early game. Ask any of the other veterans.

And making noise is not a bad thing at all, the only people who want the thread to be quiet and inactive are scum.
I'm always hyperactive, ask any of the veterans or read past games if you must.

Yeah, mostly for being hyperactive and I've flipped town every time.

Should Gekki flip scum at some later point, keep an eye on the Last Shaymin that backed up his defense here.

From here on it is smaller issues that are nagging at me, nothing major in any but put all together they are worrying.

Pre-empting scumtells - These two posts (and there are more like them), read to me that despite the impulsive style of posting, he is re-reading through what he has posted, and trying to stem anything scummy he has slipped up on;

Before everyone attacks me for not giving reasoning for these, just ask if necessary and I will explain
Okay new people I can see I set a bad example by just posting my bare thoughts and not giving much reasoning...you shouldn't just say "x and x are my scum reads" and then walk off.

Also, as a general rule for everyone, it isn't a good idea to RVS people who already have votes on them. The entire point of RVS is to spread some pressure around, not get someone with 3 or 4 votes on them for no reason
Yes, but piling votes on one person is pretty much the opposite of giving everyone some votes. So my point is still valid :U
This was addressed earlier, but the point is misleading. Having one-two votes on many people (which is how the gamestate was at time of post) is completely useless when 14 are needed to hammer. Having two-three options with 5-8 votes on each is a much better state to be in in order to draw bandwaggoners out and see who is or isn't willing to join those lynch options. Setting yourself up to be an authoritative voice in a game with this many first-timers could be a scumtell.

How does this do anything but clog the thread and echo others
Echo much?
This is fair, useful and a good point. But then there are other posts like
Seconding this
which is pretty much the definition of what he told people not to do.

So Gekki is firmly in my sights and on my suss-list. Had has plenty of interactions good and bad with people, so would give good info especially if flipped scum. I would prefer this vote more than any of the likely trio tbh, but am not going to try push 14 votes this direction unless it is something that is already building steam.

And if Gekki is actually female whoops, sorry girl! Imagine I edited that post to read all 'she's instead of 'he's :oops:

Gekki is a dude and posts a lot.

Could Sceptile master have had an important role? Is that why bbninjas said he was in danger of being subbed, Why not just mod kill him... Is this standard protocol for someone who is inactive?

Yes. We have people waiting to play. There is no reason to take an opportunity to do that from them.

There are times when it is better to modkill than replace, but those instances are not common and this is not one of them.

To clarify, when I said yes, I was confirming that this was standard practice for inactive players and not meaning to imply anything about his role.

PMJ provided some solid reasons on the behalf of Lycanroc and he hasn't done anything super suspicious lately....

Aaaaand theres someone who I've seen on the forum lurking, has made on Post,which was a vote with almost no reason... All extremely scummy behavior (at least try bro)

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: TRIPLEMO

What's wrong with AP? I see nothing wrong.
He doesn't seem scum. He just doesn't.
Then again, this is me speaking.
Then again again, he doesn't seem like town either.
My vote still stands.

he could be rouge, but highly unlikely

besides, they said 2 teams

so probably not

This is how the game will work: At the game start, each player will be sent a PM, which will tell them the role that they have for the game (more information on this in the Roles section). Your role is known only by you, unless found out by the power of another role. These roles split up into two factions - the Innocent Beachgoers and the Mischief Makers - with each faction having their own win condition. There are no independent factions.

Ok this silence is concerning not only does it waste time but it also gives scum more time to plan for the future so I’m going to break this silence by proposing a question to @Lord Goomy
You haven’t really been defending yourself more of just “I’m new” so please just give us a straight answer already
I’d also like to call out @Tyler Beta
get on...just get on you haven’t been on in a while and you were under pressure and then relieved of pressure just before you left that’s hecka suspicious
I got work man. Dudes gotta make money. And I'm just waiting. I wanna see where this goes

Well, everything escalated quickly

##VOTE rainyman123
you started this

Hey.... I'm only defending myself. This is getting out of hand

##UNVOTE
There's not enough evidence yet. I'm just gonna wait to see where this goes

@Acetrainer_Samwise
Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Learn to have a sense of humor. We have until April 1st when the day ends. I'm just waiting things out and seeing what happens for a while.

Seems on edge, but not unreasonable. Time will tell

I got work man. Dudes gotta make money. And I'm just waiting. I wanna see where this goes

How much time do you need to see how things go before you actually contribute?

##unvote
##vote: Tyler Beta

Active lurking, won't contribute, makes excuses. Takes a passive stance because he can just have his scum buddies catch him up in the scum chat later. More votes please.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: TYLER BETA

I still see you one the thread all the time, You basically stopped contributing once people started asking you questions. Also he's trying to fly under the radar, which is NEVER a good sign.

What's wrong with AP? I see nothing wrong.
He doesn't seem scum. He just doesn't.
Then again, this is me speaking.
Then again again, he doesn't seem like town either.
My vote still stands.
Why doesn't he seem scum? Giving reasons for statements like these always helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back