SM6b \'Champion Road\'

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
From the booster box art, it seems extremely likely we'll get some kind of spiritual successor to Firestarter Blaziken and the Dunsparce from Sandstorm

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
If the sandstorm EX Dunsparce got a re-print, it would replace all copies of brigette in most decks.
i play some gen 3 format online right now (2004 format) and i can tell you that matches are determined by whether or not you started Dunsparce.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone know if they will do a remake of Gen 2 pokemon from the 'neo' sets later down the line? I really want that Lugia from neo genesis with an upgraded elemental blast attack.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone know if they will do a remake of Gen 2 pokemon from the 'neo' sets later down the line? I really want that Lugia from neo genesis with an upgraded elemental blast attack.
We can't predict the future

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Oh, wow! =O This is the first thing for the TCG that's piqued my interest in the past few months! (I was always a collector before a player, but lately, it's felt pointless to collect sets with their thousands of ultra rares. I just can't even pretend to keep up anymore, so I haven't really been buying anything lately...) I really can't wait to see what else is in this set! Other TCG eras that I would love to see revisited are the second gen sets: Neo, e-series, EX Unssen Forces, and HGSS. Any of those would be awesome to see.
Can we get Gold stars again thanks
Do we really need another form of ultra rares?

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
The closest reprint sets we got where the HS era cards. Though i wouldn't call any of the cards re-prints. just cards that went back to their roots before lv. X cards where a thing.
they had all the baby pokemon. something we haven't seen since call of legends. Cleffa had Eeeeeek, like before and Tyrogue could do a flat 30 like before (but removed his coin flip requirement).

They Reprinted Neo Genesis Sneasel in Undaunted I believe, though they gave it a fighting weakness.

Weavile04

Professional Dark-Type User
Oh, PLEASE Bannete ex. If not... promise me a gx game freak?

I JUST WANT MORE BANETTE, GHOST TYPES ARE MY GROOVE

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
Ooh if any of those pokémon have those poképowers returning as abilities, then they all seem pretty interesting.

Especially Excavate as draw power or as a discard outlet.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
It's a good time to be collecting again. I stopped collecting near the end of the ex era and recently got back to collecting a few months back, so this will be a fun set for me.

Given how this set is a throwback by re-using the old artworks, does anyone think this will be a special sub-set like Shining Legends? It would make sense, and our SM7 would be way too large if it contained SM7 + Dragon Storm + Champion Road.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
This set caught my interest. I haven't played EX-era yet but this set brings back the memories. I started my TCG career since Power Keepers and its a good thing to do it. I wish they updated the damage as well not being stucked to the old system like Evolutions does.

About how do we get this in US, until we don't have a subset this year, this will join SM6a as an addition on our August set.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
It's a good time to be collecting again. I stopped collecting near the end of the ex era and recently got back to collecting a few months back, so this will be a fun set for me.

Given how this set is a throwback by re-using the old artworks, does anyone think this will be a special sub-set like Shining Legends? It would make sense, and our SM7 would be way too large if it contained SM7 + Dragon Storm + Champion Road.
I think TCPi generally likes to space out their mini-sets, so there isn't any conflict in sales between products that sell only a particular mini-set (e.g. people might be less likely to buy Shining Legends products if there were another, perhaps more favorable mini-set available)

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
About how do we get this in US, until we don't have a subset this year, this will join SM6a as an addition on our August set.

So you're expecting our August set to feature over 200 cards?

I think TCPi generally likes to space out their mini-sets, so there isn't any conflict in sales between products that sell only a particular mini-set (e.g. people might be less likely to buy Shining Legends products if there were another, perhaps more favorable mini-set available)

So what are you saying exactly? Too soon for another mini-set? If Champions Road did become a mini-set, it would still be many months away, and it looks like Shining Legends has ended with the release of the recent Shiny Darkrai GX box, so I don't think there will be much conflict.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
So you're expecting our August set to feature over 200 cards?

So what are you saying exactly? Too soon for another mini-set? If Champions Road did become a mini-set, it would still be many months away, and it looks like Shining Legends has ended with the release of the recent Shiny Darkrai GX box, so I don't think there will be much conflict.
All I’m saying is that there was nearly a two year space between the release of Generations and Shining Legends, so when Shining Legends hit, there were very few Generations products still on the shelves. In that case, there was virtually no competition between products selling the different mini-sets.

I personally don’t know how this, SM6a, and SM7 could all fit into our August set (unless Japan’s SM7 is markedly smaller than previous sets), but at the same time, I don’t think a new mini-set makes much sense from a marketing perspective...

Eggrolls13

Aspiring Trainer
If the sandstorm EX Dunsparce got a re-print, it would replace all copies of brigette in most decks.
i play some gen 3 format online right now (2004 format) and i can tell you that matches are determined by whether or not you started Dunsparce.
Dunsparce would definitely not replace Brigette at all because you can't use its attack turn 1, but you can use Brigette turn 1. Also, if you don't start dunsparce, you would have to find a way to retreat your active after searching dunsparce, and still be able to attach an energy to dunsparce, AND you would have to have gone second for it even matter (since going first you can't attack with dunsparce), meaning you're already at a disadvantage because you'll be evolving your stuff after your opponent does. Brigette is still much much better than dunsparce.

Kyle Asplund

Life is like a boomerang, it all just comes back.
Plz make an Aerodactyl GX, the same one from EX Sandstorm's Aerodactyl ex, company peeps.

Timmony_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Dunsparce would definitely not replace Brigette at all because you can't use its attack turn 1, but you can use Brigette turn 1. Also, if you don't start dunsparce, you would have to find a way to retreat your active after searching dunsparce, and still be able to attach an energy to dunsparce, AND you would have to have gone second for it even matter (since going first you can't attack with dunsparce), meaning you're already at a disadvantage because you'll be evolving your stuff after your opponent does. Brigette is still much much better than dunsparce.
It’s true that Brigette would be better if this Dunsparce were to come out now, but when Brigette eventually rotates, this could become the next best way for Standard.

Zoroark decks, for instance, wouldn’t mind playing a full set of Dunsparce, since you need to fill your Bench anyway. It could pave the way for decks to adopt more aggressive T1 Lillie engines, aiming to draw as many cards as possible while using Dunsparce to set up. Obviously it’s way too early to say for sure, but I think if Sandstorm Dunsparce were to come back, it would definitely see play.