Finished One Night Werewolf: Rebooted - Game Over - Congratulations to the Winner(s)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
One Night Werewolf: Rebooted

Ever thought Werewolf was too long, or that dying night 1 sucks? Well look no further than One Night Werewolf! Based on this, One Night Werewolf is exactly what it sounds like: Werewolf that only lasts one night. Along with this drastic change, there are, of course, several other changes to accommodate this.

It's been a while, but One Night Werewolf is back! First introduced to the 'beach by Machamp the Champion back in 2014, this is based off the official card game One Night Werewolf. It runs fairly different to your typical mafia, so read up!

The Game
This a game of Werewolf (also known as Mafia). Each player will be sent a PM, which will tell them which role they'll be using in the game. No one else will know what your role is, unless they find out with the power of another role. These roles are split up into 2 main factions - Town and Werewolves - with each faction having their own win condition:
  • The Town must kill one of the Werewolves. They would use deduction, process of elimination, and sometimes their role to figure out who the Werewolves are, and lynch them.
  • The Werewolves must survive until the end of the game. They must be blend into the crowd, trying to not act suspicious as to avoid being lynched by the Town. They aim to accuse someone who is not them, to get them lynched instead.
There are different phases that occur consecutively in Werewolf, each with different rules: the Night Phase, the Day Phase and the Voting Phase.

Night Phase
Night phases will last 48 hours (2 in real life days). During the night phase:
  • Players may NOT post in the game thread.
  • Players may use night actions, if they have any, to work towards their role's win condition. (See your role PM if you have a night action.)
  • When using night actions, you should PM me who you will use it on - either a player or an unused role (more on unused roles later) can be used on.

Day Phase
Day phases will last 120 hours (5 in real life days). During the day phase:
  • Players may post in the game thread, to discuss what you have found out during the night, and to deduce which players are the Werewolves.
  • Players may cast votes, by PMing me saying which player (besides yourself) you'd like to vote for. You may take back your vote, or vote for someone else, by PMing me saying you'd like to unvote. You don't have to vote again after unvoting.
  • Players may post in-thread END DAY PHASE. If everyone minus 3 people post this, the day phase will end and we'll go straight to the voting phase. You may revoke your vote to end the day phase by posting CANCEL END DAY PHASE.

Voting Phase
This phase was added specifically for this type of Werewolf, and it lasts for 48 hours (2 in real life days). During the voting phase:
  • Players may NOT post in the game thread or use actions.
  • Players may PM me votes. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the phase will be lynched (and killed). If there the majority is tied, then all players with the most votes die.
  • If both a Werewolf and a Townie die by the lynch, then the Town wins because they have achieved their main goal.

New Mechanics and Minor Rules
Something new to this game is unused roles. When players are being dealt their roles, 3 additional roles will be added to the game. Example: If 10 players are playing, 13 roles will be dealt out, and the 3 roles that do not get assigned to players will be the unused roles. Players will not know exactly what these roles are, unless they find out through the power of a role. Not only does this give the Wolves an easier time getting away with a fake claim, but this also means 1 or all of the Werewolves will be unused.

Some other minor rules:
  • Each role with a night action has a priority. The role that has the lowest number priority has their night action happen first, and so on.
  • If a player switches your role with their night action, you will not (normally) be informed of your role being switched. Additionally, you will not know if your win condition changes.
  • If a player switches your role with their night action, the original owner of that role will use its night action, not the person who is the new owner of that role.
  • If all the Werewolves and Minion are in the unused roles, the Town can only win by lynching no one. You cannot vote for a no lynch, but if all players have the same number of votes at the end of the voting phase, no one will be lynched. (The town also wins if everyone votes for no one.) If the Town lynch someone with no Werewolves or Minion in the game, the Town loses. If the Werewolves are in the unused roles, but the Minion is not, the Town must lynch the Minion to win.

Roles
All the possible roles in this setup will be public to the players, mostly because they're all carbon copies of the ones in the game sold in stores. When the game starts, the players will be told which roles of these are in the game.

Vanilla Werewolf (There are 2 of these in the game)
Werewolves
You are a Vanilla Werewolf, the main antagonist of this game. You are more peaceful than most Werewolves, as you do not kill anyone during the night. You plan on waiting until the next night to eat all of the Town.

Passive Effect: You know who the other Werewolves are, whose identities will be sent to you in another PM. If no ones name is sent to you, then all the Werewolves must be in the unused roles. You may NOT communicate with your other Werewolf outside of the game thread, if there is one.

Win Condition: Have no Werewolves lynched during the voting phase.

Minion
Werewolves
You are the Minion, the only Werewolf-aligned player who is not a Werewolf. In fact, you're just a regular-old human. You're pretty much a masochist, as you only wish for the Werewolves to survive. Not even you need to survive for you to be satisfied.

Passive Effect: You know who the Werewolves are, whose identities will be sent to you in another PM. They will not know who you are, however. If there are less than two Werewolves in that separate PM, that means one or more of them are in the unused roles. You are not a Werewolf, so if you are lynched, the Werewolves do not lose.

Recruiter
Werewolves - Priority 3
You are the Recruiter Wolf, the leader of all the wolves. You are the wolf who turned all the other wolves into what they are, and you're willing to make more. If this town isn't willing to accept your kind, why should you be willing to accept them.

Night Action: With this role in the game, there is a fourth unused role, which is always a Vanilla Werewolf. During the night, you may PM me the name of a player. You will switch that player's role with the fourth unused Vanilla Werewolf role.

Passive Effect: You know who the other Werewolves are, whose identities will be sent to you in another PM. If no ones name is sent to you, then all the Werewolves must be in the unused roles. You may NOT communicate with your other Werewolf outside of the game thread, if there is one.

Mystic Wolf
Werewolves - Priority 4
You are the Mystic Wolf. Before you were a Werewolf, you knew the local Seer very well. Well enough to have picked up some of their magic powers. When turned into a Werewolf, you kept these powers, and plan to use them for evil.

Night Action: During the night, you may PM me the name of a player. You will learn that player's role.

Sleepy Wolf
Werewolves
You are the... Sleepy... Wolf... *yawn* Man, is it already time to meet with the other Werewolves? Man, I don't feel like... getting... up... Erm... they'll be fine... *yawn* without me...

Passive Effect: You do not learn the identities of other Werewolves, as you are too busy sleeping.

Mason (There are 2 of these in the game)
Town
You are a Mason. You live with your brother, who also goes by Mason (it's your last name). You two don't make that much money, so you combine your salary to afford the same, small house. As much as you hate living with him, it appears to have come in handy in this Werewolf crisis.

Passive Effect: You know who the other Mason is, whose identity will be sent to you in another PM. If there is no other Mason in that separate PM, that means it is in the unused roles.

Win Condition: Lynch at least 1 Werewolf.

Seer
Town - Priority 5
You are the Seer. You've been a Fortune Teller in this town for years. Most people think you just do it to scam people out of money, but you know that your Fortune Telling abilities are 100% accurate. Now that these Werewolves are out and about, they're sure to believe your powers are real! Right? RIGHT?!

Night Action: During the night phase, you may either PM me the name of a player, OR 2 of the 3 unused roles (e.g. unused role 1, 2, 3 or 4 if there is an Alpha Wolf). You will learn that players role, or the 2 roles you looked at within the unused roles.

Robber
Town - Priority 8
You are the Robber. Even though you've stooped to the life of crime, that doesn't mean you want the Werewolves to kill everyone! Well, at least, as long as it doesn't benefit you...

Night Action: During the night phase, you may PM me the name of a player. You will learn that players role, then switch your Robber role with theirs.

Troublemaker
Town - Priority 9
You are the Troublemaker. Even with these vile Werewolves running around, that doesn't mean there's not a reason to have some fun! These old prudes could use some more joy in their lives.

Night Action: During the night phase, you may PM me the name of 2 players (one of which may be yourself). Those 2 players will switch roles.

Drunk
Town - Priority 11
You are the town Drunk. You're normally a hopeless alcoholic, but with these Werewolves attacking the village, tonight may be the time to pick up your act and give your life some meaning by saving the town from these foul beasts! Let's hope those 5 glasses of beer you had an hour ago don't affect your efforts...

Night Action: During the night phase, you must PM me with the number of an unused role (1, 2, 3, or 4 if there is an Alpha Wolf). If you don't send me a number, I will randomly choose one for you. You will switch your role with that unused role, without knowing either what your role was, or what your new role is.

Insomniac
Town
You are the Insomniac. As if sleeping wasn't hard enough for you, now everyone's going around doing all these night actions! Can't anyone get some peace and quiet in this town?! At least you'll be awake if any intruders come to your house.

Passive Effect: At the end of the night phase, you will know if your role has been changed by another player's night action.

Hunter
Town
You are the Hunter. You're pretty used to hunting animals, but not when they're disguised as humans! No one will let you use your gun anyway, so you feel pretty out of place here. But that's no excuse for these Werewolves to be terrorizing the town, now is it?

Passive Effect: If you are lynched, you will shoot the person you are voting for, and they will die along with you.

Simple Villager (There are any number of these in the game)
Town
You are a Simple Villager. You are- wait, SIMPLE!? Why do they keep calling you that? You help this town's economy just as much anyone else in this town, heck probably more than half of the other schmucks in this town. Why does everyone keep putting you down by calling you simple? Who cares about these Werewolves? These jerk-faces need to learn a lesson about calling you SIMPLE!

You have no special abilities. In fact, you help the Werewolves in this game by giving them an easy thing to claim... Maybe they're right about you being simple...

Sentinel
Town - Priority 1
You are the Sentinel, protector of this town. You know how to keep people away, and in this Werewolf crisis, that's going to be useful. You can't protect everyone, so you're going to have to choose your allies.

Night Action: During the night, you may PM me the name of a player. That player cannot have their role switched, or looked at. The player you target is public knowledge to players as of the moment you target them.

(Note: Players may redo their night actions after hearing who you have targeted.)

Apprentice Seer
Town - Priority 6
You are the Apprentice Seer. You've been learning magic abilities from the local Seer recently, in hopes to become one. You originally thought it was all some hoax to make money, but now you know the Seer's real powers.

Night Action: During the night, you may PM me 1 unused role (1, 2, 3, or 4 if there is a Recruiter). You will learn what that role is.

Paranormal Investigator
Town - Priority 7
You are the Paranormal Investigator. You've been telling these towns-folk about Werewolves for years, and no one listened. No one believed your crazy ideas. But now, they have to believe you, because the Werewolves are RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE'S FACES! TAKE THAT JERKS! Let's not hope your previous contact with Werewolves makes you vulnerable to their powers.

Night Action: During the night, you may PM me the name of 2 players, numbered 1 through 2. You will learn the roles of those players, in order of what number you assign to them. If at any point, you find a non-Town role, you will stop looking at roles and change your win condition to the one of that role.

Witch
Town - Priority 10
You are the Which. Unlike the harmless Seer, several bad things have happened because of your magic. You don't want to harm anyone, your magic just isn't stable. Some suspect that you're the cause of this Werewolf outbreak. Ha! What a ridiculous thought. Although, you aren't hesitant to join whatever the winning side is.

Night Action: During the night, you may PM me the number of an unused role (1, 2, 3, or 4 if there is an Alpha Wolf). You will learn what role it is. Then, after learning that role, you may PM the name of a player (including yourself). You switch that player's role with the one you found in the unused roles.

Village Idiot
Town - Priority 12
Hur dur, I wonder what this magic potion does. It looks shiny!

Night Action: During the night, you may PM me up or down. You will rotate all player's role (excluding yourself) in that direction.

Revealer
Town - Priority 13
You are the Revealer. You come from a far away village, and know very powerful magic. You didn't learn magic to make some cheap cash off the stupid towns-folk, oh no, no; you learned magic to keep peace in this world. Protecting it from threats like the Werewolves. This Werewolf threat was the reason you traveled to this village in the first place.

Night Action: During the night, you may PM me the name of a player. You will learn that player's role. If the role you find it a Town role, that player's role will be posted in the Day update (including who that role belongs to).

Aura Seer
Town
You are the Aura Seer. Similar to the Seer, you ask for money from the town to see your wondrous powers. But unlike the Seer, your powers sense a much wider range than just one person, but they aren't as specific.

Passive Effect: At the end of the night, you will learn the identities of all players who have viewed or moved any roles (including the Insomniac), but not which Ability they performed.

Bodyguard
Town
You are the Bodyguard. You've got quite the large figure. People are too scared of you to try to act against you. Even in this Werewolf crisis, they won't follow reason if it means they can avoid a punch from your massive fist.

Passive Effect: The player you vote for is immune to death. If they have the most votes, the player with the second-most votes will die instead (unless they only have 1 vote).

Prince
Town
You are the Prince. On the way back to your extravagant kingdom, your horse-drawn carriage broke down near this dismal town. They would've helped fix your carriage, but they're dealing with a Werewolf crisis at the current time. You're not exactly happy to help, but if it means getting you home faster, you're more than willing to speed it up.

Passive Effect: You cannot die. If you have the most votes, the player with the second-most votes will die instead (unless they only have 1 vote).

Cursed Villager
Town
You are the Cursed Villager. For the longest time now, you've had these evil thoughts in your mind. Kill these humans, make them suffer. These messages and similar ones come into your consciousness constantly. What do they mean? You don't believe them. Maybe these Werewolves are the cause of these thoughts.

Passive Effect: If a Werewolf-aligned player votes for you, your win condition will become the one of the Werewolves.

Doppelganger
Independent - Priority 2
You are the Doppelganger. As if Werewolves aren't weird enough for this town, you've come along to cause more trouble. Unlike these Werewolves, you don't know what you want to do with your life. Maybe this person you're copying the soul of will know.

Night Action: During the night phase, you must PM me the name of a player. If you don't, I will randomly choose one for you. You will learn that player's role, then your Doppelganger role will become that player's role. If you copy a role with an Ability, you may use it with a Priority decided when you copy the role.

Win Condition: Whatever the win condition is of the role you copied.

(Note: If this role is in the game, the Werewolves, Minion, and Mason will get the identities of the Werewolves/Masons with a Priority of 2.1, in case the Doppelganger copies a Werewolf, Minion, or Mason.
(Note #2: If you are the Doppelganger, please be fast with your night actions so I may get the night phase over with faster.)
(Note #3: I may not use the Doppelganger much, due to how complicated it is.)

Tanner
Independent
You are a Tanner. You make leather... Not exactly helpful for finding Werewolves... Y'know what? Screw it. You're sick of all this. You don't enjoy your job. You don't enjoy your life. Where is it going to go from here? No where, THAT'S WHERE! Maybe these Werewolves can just maul you and end it all...

Wait, these Werewolves don't kill people? DANG IT! Then maybe you can get the Town to kill you. If you can convince people you're a Werewolf, they'll lynch you. Yeah! That's it! You'll get yourself lynch. Finally, a way out of all this. I guess you could just jump off a bridge, but this is much more dramatic.

Win Condition: Get lynched.

(Note: You being lynched does not satisfy the Werewolves win condition, thus making them lose if you are lynched, even if a Towns person is also lynched. If you and a Werewolf are lynched in the voting phase, however, the Town will win along with you.)

Standard Rules
These are rules you need to follow/know to play the game. If you break one of these rules, you may either get a warning or be replaced with another player.
  1. Do not edit or delete posts under any circumstances.
  2. You may not ever discuss this game outside of this thread unless your Ability lets you.
  3. You are allowed to like posts, as you cannot die in this game.
  4. You can lie about what I send to you, but you may not screenshot anything.
  5. Play to fulfill your win condition (or at least what you think is your win condition). Don't be that guy who's a villager and claims Wolf.
  6. Don't insult anyone or otherwise be a jerk. It isn't cool.
  7. As the host, what I say is law.

Sign-Ups
  1. GekkisaiDaiNi
  2. quakingpunch73
  3. Jadethepokemontrainer
  4. MegaPod_781
  5. TeamAqua4Life NinjaPenguin
  6. simsands
  7. scattered mind
  8. Robin Aisaga
  9. triplemo
  10. PMJ
There is space for 10 players.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the thread, or PM me. If there are any roles you do or don't want to be in this game, let me know! Suggestions will be helpful, as I'm not entirely sure which roles I want to play with.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
@bbninjas is there only one night phase in the entire game?
Yup, there's only one night phase (and one day phase). You've got one shot to lynch a Werewolf, and if you lynch any one Werewolf, the Town wins.

Also, because I was asked, the game will start once we have ten players, or once two or three days have passed.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
Oh, heck, this looks /interesting.

So, if I have this right, votes accumulated in the day phase and voting phase only count to one lynch event at the end of the game?

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
Wish I had time this week but I’m going to the special in prague, which would mean that I wouldn’t be available for roughly 50 hours.:(

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Oh, heck, this looks /interesting.

So, if I have this right, votes accumulated in the day phase and voting phase only count to one lynch event at the end of the game?
That would be correct.

Wish I had time this week but I’m going to the special in prague, which would mean that I wouldn’t be available for roughly 50 hours.:(
It would be fine if you could check in once every 24 hours over that period, but that might not be possible for ya. Depending on when this week, your v/la might only end early in the Night Phase anyway?

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Not being told when your alignment changes is bastard whether or not you say it can happen. You can't expect people to play to win if they don't know how.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Alignment changes in general are pretty bastard, it's kinda shitty to play the entire game as town and then suddenly become scum.

tagging @Jadethepokemontrainer for absolutely no reason at all

simsands

Half raccoon, half chipmunk
/in

If all werewolves are out of the game, does town lose because they can't lynch a werewolf?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Just looking for one more player, and then we can start. ^.^

/in

If all werewolves are out of the game, does town lose because they can't lynch a werewolf?

From the OP:
If all the Werewolves and Minion are in the unused roles, the Town can only win by lynching no one. You cannot vote for a no lynch, but if all players have the same number of votes at the end of the voting phase, no one will be lynched. (The town also wins if everyone votes for no one.) If the Town lynch someone with no Werewolves or Minion in the game, the Town loses. If the Werewolves are in the unused roles, but the Minion is not, the Town must lynch the Minion to win.

That means that you would have to be pretty sure that all the Werewolves are out so that the voting (and no lynch) goes according to plan. If you're right, then the townies should all follow along and all's good, but if you're wrong, alive Werewolves can easily force a mislynch.

Not being told when your alignment changes is bastard whether or not you say it can happen. You can't expect people to play to win if they don't know how.
Alignment changes in general are pretty bastard, it's kinda shitty to play the entire game as town and then suddenly become scum.

I'd normally agree with you there, but this game only has one night and one day. It's not like you'll be playing for one wincon and then suddenly have to switch to another; Night 0 actions will be mostly pretty random, and because the setup is open, everyone will know that they must tread carefully in Day 1 as to determine whether their wincon is correct or not (there should be enough information to get a good idea). I can't tell anyone if their alignment changes since it would be an autolose for the Werewolf otherwise, would one become a town member, and it also means that clearing people becomes more difficult, so that the Werewolves have a better chance at the setup.

This game just forces people to play a bit differently to how they normally would play for a week. ;)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Okay, the roles in this setup are:

Mystic Wolf
Sleepy Wolf

Aura Seer
Drunk
Insomniac
Paranormal Investigator
Prince
Revealer
Seer
Sentinel
Simple Villager
Village Idiot
Witch

Ten of these roles are being sent out now, while three will remain unused. Once you recieve your role, 'like' this post to confirm.

EDIT: All roles have now been sent out.

The Night Phase has also begun, and will last 48 hours from the timestamp of this post.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
For those interested, this is the role priority order of the roles in this game:

Sentinel (1)
Mystic Wolf (4)
Seer (5)
Paranormal Investigator (7)
Witch (10)
Drunk (11)
Village Idiot (12)
Revealer (13)
Aura Seer & Insomniac (Last)

Prince & Sleepy Wolf & Simple Villager (No Action)

Status
Not open for further replies.