'Legends of Johto GX Collection' in April!

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Is this the one you are thinking of?
zoroark-and-legendary-pokemon.jpg

Used this at my League Cup yesterday, Prism Boost Energy, and Rainbow Energy, brought me to victory, Float Stone, and mmm.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if the "Forbidden Light" inclusion within this set's 6 boosters could be the main selling point of this collection box, given "Forbidden Light" will be a month before release to the street at the time this box is released combined with the possibility that this box has a possibly-junk Raikou-GX and a possible reprint of SLG Entei, which was junk as well... Maybe in terms of real-life Leagues, they'll allow the play of any and all cards pulled from such packs there, and in terms of online, either they'll give it the Generations/Shining Legends treatment while allowing any and all cards within them in Versus mode, but not tourneys, whether online or real-life, until official release date(instead of the usual two Fridays after release, due to the earlier-than-official release made possible by this collection box), when its associated Theme Decks come out. On the other hand, if they don't want to allow them in league play and/or or versus mode until the street date, they could restrict all cards within set by keeping you from opening the code cards until official street date is reached while banning them from Standard+Expanded until official date(like they usually do for yet-to-be-officially-released sets) but add the cards into the collection coding anyway while maybe introducing a tourney-only Prerelease Format into online, and offering special "online Prerelease" deck boxes at the in-game Shop.

^ If they choose the latter, such online tourneys could require only one of such box per tourney, one that will be given back in auto-opened form once 8 players are reached in the queue, after which point, they'll direct you to Deck Manager's "Create Deck" function but gray out the collection, deck manager, and trade options, as well as the Shop and Redeem Codes function on top of the Events as well as the options already grayed out during online tourneys(Trainer Challenge, Versus, Tutorial, and Quick Match) to hide the contents within your collection outside of whatever you pull out of the Prerelease contents so that you cannot add outside contents to your 40-card Prerelease deck as well as ensuring a temporary clean slate to mimic a real-life Prerelease tourney as much as they could on the online setting. After you save your deck, you'll be auto-redirected back to the Events tab, where you'll wait for the other players to finish their 40-card deck and save it, or until the clock runs out, whichever occurs first, plus 10 seconds. Unlike other online tourneys, where each player has 12:30(25 minute round / 2 players) of time each to finish match, each player will be given 10:00(20 minute round / 2 players), and just like real-life Prereleases, each player will have 4 prizes instead of 6, but other than that, the tourney proceeds as normal as possible, with each eliminated player will be "soft-locked" from the game(all options grayed out will still be grayed out), until the end when each player will be given 3 more packs of the "Forbidden Light" set as their prize(with no one player getting any additional bonuses from higher placement in tourney other than the possibility of additional tourney wheel bonuses), regain access to the rest of their collection, and the soft-lock from the online game for all applicable players is undone...

^ Ah, decisions, decisions...

Last edited:

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
The Entei is a reprint from SLG (sadly). Despite calling it "Never-Brefore Seen" like they did with Shiny Darkrai. The Raikou seems very unplayable
That's what they said with one other promo in the past. And it has seen play. I believe it was Pikachu EX. For a while, that card saw some play. But until breakthrough, it wasnt as good anymore. There were a lot of "new" promos and cards in the past that were witten off as "not going to see play". They were used and some are still used in expanded, casual, and etc. Raikou GX may see some play, but we don't know for sure until we know what the GX attack is. It might not be good enough for top tier, but playability in lower tier, is possible. In my opinion.

Weavile04

Professional Dark-Type User
Anybody know how much this will be? Too be honest, I'm just here for the early Forbidden Light packs and the suicune coin.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Anybody know how much this will be? Too be honest, I'm just here for the early Forbidden Light packs and the suicune coin.
MSRP is $39.99 (USD). Online sites will probably have it cheaper. Also, the FBL packs might be an error in the picture and may not actually come in the box

Weavile04

Professional Dark-Type User
MSRP is $39.99 (USD). Online sites will probably have it cheaper. Also, the FBL packs might be an error in the picture and may not actually come in the box
Oh thank god. I saw some of the things in this on the list and I thought it'd be $70. Well, this is on my April buy list. Thanks!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Oh thank god. I saw some of the things in this on the list and I thought it'd be $70. Well, this is on my April buy list. Thanks!
By the way, a new picture of this has released with no FBL packs. But I can’t upload it from my phone :(

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
Raikou's art looks cool, but those attacks are bad. Hopefully they give it an interesting GX mechanic because it really could use one.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
lol that Raikou, Entei & Suicune Jumbo. Raikou isn't good. Entei is just a reprint. MEH.

Wait, is that all Sun & Moon era packs? Is this a first or am I going crazy?