Donk Deck Ideas for Standard

junkiejay

Bruh
Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me some good ideas for a donk deck and help me playtest them because i feel this format needs a donk deck. Also making me a list for one would be very nice and if you try it out even better! Thanks.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Not sure if anyone is actually playing this at the momentbut I think pheromosa gx’s fast raid is the only “attack on your first turn” option...so I’d play 4 of those with 4 Kukui’s, 4 fury belts, and a couple evolutions mew and marshadow gx’s for type coverage. Downsides are that you don’t have much of a game plan if your opponent gets a Brigette at any time...well yeah

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Not sure if anyone is actually playing this at the momentbut I think pheromosa gx’s fast raid is the only “attack on your first turn” option...so I’d play 4 of those with 4 Kukui’s, 4 fury belts, and a couple evolutions mew and marshadow gx’s for type coverage. Downsides are that you don’t have much of a game plan if your opponent gets a Brigette at any time...well yeah
Latios EX does 10 more damage :p

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
oo I think you're right! latios would be better then, cuz you could get to 70 w/ kukui and FFB...still feels bad compared to expanded where you get laserbank, plus powers, shaymin for crazy turn 1 draw power, but it would be fun to mess around with

pine_ddog

Chaotic Neuteral
My idea would hardly work, but could be fun:

1. Regirock-EX active with Float Stone attached
2. 3 Regirock-EX/Diancie Prism Star on bench.
3. Fighting Fury Belt attached to Marshadow-GX
4. Max Elixir a Psychic energy on Marshadow-GX
5. Get a Latios-EX in discard whether it be via Ultra Ball or other means
6. Attach Strong Energy to Marshadow-GX
7. Retreat into Marshadow-GX
8. Professor Kukui for two cards

150 damage with Fast Raid, theoretically 300 with weakness, or 360 if you attach Choice Band which wouldn't be a bad idea.

Now that exact situation is probably never going to happen, but if you get even a few of those, you probably could get some cheeky wins.

junkiejay

Bruh
Yeah thanks for the idea just possibly you could pair it with something to make it more consistent and possibly a turn 2 donk would work or be a possibility.

junkiejay

Bruh
My idea would hardly work, but could be fun:

1. Regirock-EX active with Float Stone attached
2. 3 Regirock-EX/Diancie Prism Star on bench.
3. Fighting Fury Belt attached to Marshadow-GX
4. Max Elixir a Psychic energy on Marshadow-GX
5. Get a Latios-EX in discard whether it be via Ultra Ball or other means
6. Attach Strong Energy to Marshadow-GX
7. Retreat into Marshadow-GX
8. Professor Kukui for two cards

150 damage with Fast Raid, theoretically 300 with weakness, or 360 if you attach Choice Band which wouldn't be a bad idea.

Now that exact situation is probably never going to happen, but if you get even a few of those, you probably could get some cheeky wins.
I could try some other more consistent ways to get a marshadow in the active copying pheromosa but thanks.

junkiejay

Bruh
oo I think you're right! latios would be better then, cuz you could get to 70 w/ kukui and FFB...still feels bad compared to expanded where you get laserbank, plus powers, shaymin for crazy turn 1 draw power, but it would be fun to mess around with
and a lot of decks in the format don't use basics so that could work, your idea is probably with pikachuuuu101 is probably the best so far.

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
you could play a mixture of Latios EX, Pheramosa GX, and Marshadow GX for type coverage (Zorua, Buzzwole GX, Zygarde EX, you get the idea) with 4 Rainbow energy, 4 Float stone, 4 Professor Kukui and other stuff and it could work.

optimal_max

Aspiring Trainer
Heatmor (Breakpoint) isn't a bad choice for a donk deck, especially when teamed with Volcanion EX.

Heatmor can hit for 70 (with one energy, band, and any stadium), and Volcanion (Steam up) can power him up quickly first turn.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
When SM6 comes out, Pheromosa GX and Beast Energy will be broken. Literally broken. I'm already going to play it in the first SM6-legal Regionals I can!
Pheromosa GX+Beast Energy+Kukui+Choice Band=110 on the first turn! OOOSH!

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
When SM6 comes out, Pheromosa GX and Beast Energy will be broken. Literally broken. I'm already going to play it in the first SM6-legal Regionals I can!
Pheromosa GX+Beast Energy+Kukui+Choice Band=110 on the first turn! OOOSH!
How do you pay the grass energy cost?

pine_ddog

Chaotic Neuteral
No it’s a single colorless energy
Technically he could use Max Elixir, but that doesn't seem very consistent. (I'm aware I used Max Elixir in my previous post, however that was a hypothetical best scenario, not one that's realistic.)