'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

I was hoping we'd have a better tech for Greninja BREAK, but its ok. at least we can play greninja/gengar now /s

EDIT: New bats

I think it's somewhat good. Attack makes ability abusing easier and erases all damage from 230HP body. GX-attack can smack something without Guzma.

Why does Greninja GX have 2 retreat when the baby version has free retreat already? A retreat cost of 1 would've made more sense considering how fast Greninja is in the video games.

That being said, someone better not drop this on their lap during a Sycamore and pull it out for a free 30 damage whenever.

Giant water shuriken, 30 upon evolve -> 130 snipe clears up to 220 on bench, up to 250 on active. Very relevant numbers on this card.

I'm very indifferent about this card. Yes, it's a big bat, but... er... I feel like a card like this is going to have a hard time working in with our meta. I don't see how the GX attack is very special. Reminds me of Entei-GXs attack, just less damage, workable with DCE, and on a Stage 2. More-so closer to Tapu Fini-GX,which has a regular attack that does 10 less with a different cost, has to discard 2 [W], but is on a basic. Regular attack is... meh as well. It's the most unique thing about this card though, i'll give it props for that. Shuffle in is fun when you have lots of damage on, but having to get Greninja back into play is tedious. You don't have to use the shuffle-in, but 110 damage kinda sucks, considering Zoroark-GX, the 2nd most relevant mon in the meta, can hit 120 easily for a DCE, as a Stage 1, with an outstanding ability. I 'aint saying this card should be able to compete with Zoroark, but it should be able to damage juuust a bit more, and perhaps it's Ability is enough for that. Bats are back, yes, but are bats really going to work in a format like this? With so many mons with HPs in the 200s that require at least 2 attacks or 1 huge attack to KO? Also, it's worth it to mention this card's horrible retreat cost. If it was 3, this card would be arguably better. You're probably either going to use a [W] and a DCE or a float stone to retreat it anyways, and one thing i've seen people talk about is the longing for a Dive Ball reprint. If it had 3, we could run Heavy Ball, but it doesn't. Unlike the old bats, it doesn't have free retreat, and it's a 2-prize mon. It's all very iffy.

TL;DR I'm not sure if this card will have a place in our metagame because it's flaws, to me, outshine it's positives.

Glaceon has the ideal partner now
I like this idea. It's for sure interesting to think about, Water Dupes Frogadier does take a turn of Ability-lock, do keep in mind. Reminds me of to Decidueye/Glaceon, just seemingly less consistent, with the 1-time use evolution Abilities and all.

Greninja-GX may not be played from your lap.
Wait... hold up nevermind this card is garbage xP

Last edited:
  • Greninja-GX - Beefier HP, Garbage retreat cost, hoping that it will be a 0 RC Pokemon, expensive attacks. Was hoping for 1 W, oh well, 1 w and DCE will save it but still. This is new Bats. We have Froakie that functions almost like PLS Zubat, We have Frogadier that functions like Golbat but trash RC, and then we have Greninja-GX, whose like Crobat but too expensive and trashier RC. Oh well, I hope it'll see play. 4 Geodudes

in expanded we saw toad with decidueye and toad with bats this is good in expanded as well and is better searched with dive ball but in standard it is a card i see as a 1 of in greninja break as it could be helpful in that capacity as you still run 4-4-4-2 plus 1 gx unlike the ability greninja which took away one of your ability lock ones

This is a great card. If the base attack was [C][C] instead of [W][C][C], OR if it had free retreat, it would be too good.

I like this idea. It's for sure interesting to think about, Water Dupes Frogadier does take a turn of Ability-lock, do keep in mind. Reminds me of to Decidueye/Glaceon, just seemingly less consistent, with the 1-time use evolution Abilities and all.

I assume the idea from the designer's point of view is not to use that Frogadier, but rather to use the new one that places 2 counters on evolution. http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/02/frogadier-revealed-from-forbidden-light

Between that & Greninja & Glaceon's attack you can keep sniping - keeping the soft lock Glaceon in the active and keep your energy attachments going on active Glaceon. Then when neccesary (e.g. against a steel deck/non-GX ability deck), you can also attack with Greninja and shuffle it away to recycle.

This is really really good. The partner Glaceon has been waiting on.

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 4 Froakie BKP 38
* 3 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20
* 4 Frogadier forbiden light
* 2 Greninja gx

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 2 N FCO 105
* 1 Colress PLS 118
* 1 Ghetsis PLF 115
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 4 Super Scoop Up FFI 100
* 4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 155
* 3 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 3 Silent Lab PRC 140
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Dive Ball PRC 125
* 1 Scoop Up Cyclone PLB 95
* 1 Karen PR-XY XY177a
* 1 Guzma BUS 115

##Energy - 7

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 3 Water Energy HS 117

Total Cards - 60

this is how i see this card being played

Last edited:
It will be a great deck, this is how I see Glaceon/Greninja in standard!
2sbke82.jpg

Edit: -1 Acerola - 1 Rainbow Energy + 2 Water Energy

Was hoping for a better ninja...however it is playable. With aquapatch the 1water and dce should not be to big of an issue. The shuffle back into deck is great to remove damage....will it be easier to setup with duplicate frogadier or the new ability frogadier. Too bad both Greninja-gx and Frogadier require play from hand...as evosoda, Wally etc cant activate ability.

This is horrible, but I feel like we deserve it. If you're gonna play Greninja to death, you deserve a terrible Greninja card.
I'll be here playing Metal and Poison <3

Back