'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
I reckon the other 2 GXS will be FA and RR versions of Snorlax, and also Delphox or Xerneas GX. (Really hoping for Delphox though!)

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
RIP Chesnaut, although its TPCi’s fault for making a cute pokemon evolve into something that ugly... (no offence to anyone who likes Chesnaut)

GamePhoenix

Fellow Mortal
  • 50 hp Froakie: Decent ability, but in the current Greninja deck you really won't be retreating Froakie to much. 4/10 stars.

• 70 hp Froakie Nice art work, good hp, about average attacks for an evolving basic. 4/10 stars
Overall, I still think the bubble Froakie from BKP is better.

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Since we are getting Greninja-GX, the other Kalos starters will probably also get GXs. I'd also bet on a Xerneas-GX, following the pattern set by last set with Dialga-GX and Palkia-GX. Alternatively, the Xerneas could be printed as a Prism Star, freeing up an extra space for potentially another Eeveelution-GX. With that in mind, this is my guess as to what the eight GXs in this set will be:
  • Ultra Necrozma-GX
  • Lucario-GX
  • Greninja-GX
  • Zygarde-GX
  • Yveltal-GX
  • Naganadel-GX
  • Delphox-GX
  • Chespin-GX

Last edited:

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Since we are getting Greninja-GX, the other Kalos starters will probably also get GXs. I'd also bet on a Xerneas-GX, following the pattern set by last set with Dialga-GX and Palkia-GX. Alternatively, the Xerneas could be printed as a Prism Star, freeing up an extra space for potentially another Eeveelution-GX. With that in mind, this is my guess as to what the eight GXs in this set will be:
  • Ultra Necrozma-GX
  • Lucario-GX
  • Greninja-GX
  • Zygarde-GX
  • Yveltal-GX
  • Xerneas-GX
  • Delphox-GX
  • Chespin-GX
What about Naganadel then? Lucario, Ultra Necrozma, Greninja, Yveltal, Zygarde and Naganadel are confirmed for the English set, and it's been confirmed that there will be 8 GX's in the English set. If Xerneas, Delphox and Chesnaught all were to get GX cards in the Japanese set, one of them would not be featured in the English set.

I also think that Lucario counts towards the 8, despite only having a FA and RR card in the set, similarly to how the Ultra Beasts were included in the 10 GX cards for Ultra Prism, despite this not being the case for Bulu and Lycanroc in Burning Shadows.

Fayld

Rayquaza / Eelektross Master
Advanced Member
Aya Kusube's art style involves the emphasis of shadow. It makes sense considering what the Froakie line is based on.

Well, side by side with the brightly colored other Froakie, it looks washed out and dull.

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
What about Naganadel then? Lucario, Ultra Necrozma, Greninja, Yveltal, Zygarde and Naganadel are confirmed for the English set, and it's been confirmed that there will be 8 GX's in the English set. If Xerneas, Delphox and Chesnaught all were to get GX cards in the Japanese set, one of them would not be featured in the English set.

I also think that Lucario counts towards the 8, despite only having a FA and RR card in the set, similarly to how the Ultra Beasts were included in the 10 GX cards for Ultra Prism, despite this not being the case for Bulu and Lycanroc in Burning Shadows.
Whoops, forgot about Naganadel... I definitely think Xerneas will be printed as a Prism Star now, with Naganadel replacing Xerneas on my list.

Watchmaker

Ally to good! Nightmare to you!
I feel like any starter GX is unlikely outside of Greninja, considering he was the poster child of the XY era, but Xerneas-GX isn't impossible imo.

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
really interested to see how the greninja gx turns out...shadow stitching greninja is quite a powerful/energy efficient card in its own right, could become a tier 1/2 deck with a break or two if there's enough synergy with the new one!

TheJollyFlyingMan

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
8 gx will be prob
Graninja gx
Polkia gx
Dialga gx
Zygrade gx
Yveltal gx
Lucario gx
???gx
????gx

Id almost say flareon gx and maybe a new colorless gx cant seem to think of a good one
Flareon, Jolteon and Vaporeon GX are probably not coming until the inevitable Kanto set with Giovanni Prism Star in it