Finished Mafia XLIX: Fight for the Falls!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you'd like to explain.
I always play under the assumption I'll be NK'd. A pressure stick is different and the same as thinking ahead. It's a plan for the next day if the likely scenario is fulfilled with my current thoughts but more than that it's to gauge reactions. Therefore it does not mean I'm thinking ahead. I used them in the two quoted scenarios to get a response from you and Mariano (really to have him post something).

I always play under the assumption I'll be NK'd. A pressure stick is different and the same as thinking ahead. It's a plan for the next day if the likely scenario is fulfilled with my current thoughts but more than that it's to gauge reactions. Therefore it does not mean I'm thinking ahead. I used them in the two quoted scenarios to get a response from you and Mariano (really to have him post something).
Also I could still be persuaded to vote Marino today. Those posts are relevant today and are only relevant tomorrow if I die.

I always play under the assumption I'll be NK'd.
That's very nice. You haven't said how that's different from thinking ahead.
A pressure stick is different and the same as thinking ahead. It's a plan for the next day if the likely scenario is fulfilled with my current thoughts but more than that it's to gauge reactions. Therefore it does not mean I'm thinking ahead. I used them in the two quoted scenarios to get a response from you and Mariano (really to have him post something).
Bolded.

Camo, you still have not said why me claiming will be pro-town or otherwise should change anything at all. I don’t feel like claiming and then moving on to the next innocent and forcing them to claim (etc), y’know. :D

It has nothing to do with what I'll do tomorrow. It simply has everything to do with today.
Nope, but nice try. If you're expecting to be NK'd, then that's thinking ahead. If you're really town and you assume you'll be NK'd, you would be making sure that we have all the information we need from you before you die. You're preparing for tomorrow, even if you don't expect to be around for it. Unless you're playing anti-town, ofc.

Camo, you still have not said why me claiming will be pro-town or otherwise should change anything at all. I don’t feel like claiming and then moving on to the next innocent and forcing them to claim (etc), y’know. :D
Okay you don't want to further the day but that's not my problem.

Nope, but nice try. If you're expecting to be NK'd, then that's thinking ahead. If you're really town and you assume you'll be NK'd, you would be making sure that we have all the information we need from you before you die. You're preparing for tomorrow, even if you don't expect to be around for it. Unless you're playing anti-town, ofc.
False. There's information you don't know.

Camo, you still have not said why me claiming will be pro-town or otherwise should change anything at all.
At this point since you can't and refuse to refute the argument against you it is your best chance of survival. At this point it's one of the only ways to progress the day.

I refuted the arguments against me, so okay then...

If you really think I’m confo scum, why do you keep talking as if you’re giving me chances?

On a different note, @simsands has been a person that I've been watching in particular. As of his recent post directed primarily towards me, I'm finding it difficult to draw anything indicative out of it. It's completely likely that simsands is scum pushing for mislynch and intentionally overlooking contexts, but an innocent could just as easily do the same. The thing that makes me think that simsands is in fact overlooking something lies in his comparison between me this game and me last game, which I don't think a mafian would intentionally misinterpret. Of course, I could be incorrectly comparing myself and that would make this indication moot, so I'm keen to see why simsands considers the plays very similar.

Uh, I remembered you acting similarly during day 2 last game, but I just read through those pages and can't find the post I was looking for.. v.v

Correct and why is that a problem? There's an incredibly high chance ninjas flips scum. I'm clearly pointing out how you and Mariano are trying to do everything you can to prevent a ninjas lynch using faulty logic.

I notice that you don't think bb is confoscum anymore.

Ok, so after some lurking, my thoughts are as follows. While I find Camoclone's style off, it's apparently NAI behavior for him on its own. And even though bb has a point about Camo being able to summarize his case and not doing it, it could be another way of pressuring bb to go back and read. I figure with bb's somewhat passive attitude, he's a pretty safe d1 lynch, and if he is scum, that could clear Camoclone. So, I think hopping on the wagon is a good idea at this point.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: bbninjas
Wtf, Camo's making zero sense here. I could keep quoting these, but y'all should get the picture.

##UNVOTE
##VOTE: Camoclone
You no longer think I'm the best lynch?

I did ask a question earlier, but I'd imagine that you missed it. How does having a passive attitude mean that I'm a pretty safe D1 lynch? (And, by extension, why are you wanting to lynch people who are safe over people who are scummy?)

Jabberwock being able to defend against rubbish points against my case while still being able to pressure me is, by the way, another indication that Jabberwock is town. I'm pretty sure he used to do this very well too, when he was playing regularly.

Yeah that's the thing, passiveness isn't your townmeta. Apparently you were scum last game. That's the game you're saying you were less aggressive.
To be fair, my meta (at least recently) has been fluctuating depending mostly on how I'm feeling and what I'm prioritising. Anyway, although I was less aggressive yesterday, I was still rather aggressive (and I'm sure people can vouch for that); nothing like the route I'm taking this game.

Reading this as a straight-up OMGUS with a whole bunch of noncommittal fluff thrown in.
Why can't this just be bbn trying to scumhunt when half of the players (or more) jumped on my wagon? After all, I'm not going to disregard everyone who voted me first, even if people write off scumreads on any of them as OMGUS. A particular motive for identifying simsands right now is that he got a free pass last game, when he was scum, and I think there's every chance that he'll get that pass again. We must also consider that pretty much all active players voted or pressured me, and the inactives who do not are barely posting and near impossible to actually read reliably.

*Anyway, although I was less aggressive last game. (Gee, I'm shot...)

Jabber, what are your thoughts on Lorde and Megapod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back