Pokemon Pokemon Club at School

Landon Bys

I mean, Pokken DX isn't that bad, right?
Hey guys! I'm starting a PBL (or Project Based Learning) project in my Language Arts class at school and I want to start a Pokemon Club. We already have a Trading Card Club at my school, so I want to know if I should ask them if I could have the Pokemon TCG in my club. I also want to know what else we should do in the club. I thought a cool idea was to start a new file in a Pokemon Ultra Sun game and have everyone vote on if we should catch a certain Pokemon we come across and take turns doing battles. I'm also planning on getting a Switch and a copy of Pokken Tournament DX. If you have any other ideas to share, could you let me know below? That would be great!

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I wouldn't bother with the video games, too much time and effort in something people will get jealous of and fight over.

Be prepared to have a TON of inexperienced players in your club. I attempted starting a pokemon club, and people came with theme decks and decks with all their EX cards in them. I was the only one who had previous knowledge of the metagame. I ended up sitting and watching them battle against each other with my Archie's Blastoise deck sitting and collecting dust..

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
I'd have to agree with The Last Shaymin about the video game thing. It would probably just lead to arguments. Plus, if by some stroke of luck you find a shiny Pokemon, but someone messes up the capture, you can probably picture how that would play out.
Like previously said, be prepared to meet a lot of people with little to no game knowledge. If you manage to find a couple people who know the game, though, it will be a ton of fun. If there aren't any people who know the game, I would recommend either trying to teach people at least basic deck building, accepting the fact that you're going to forever play with beginners (which can be fun, don't get me wrong), or give up on it.

Now I apologize, but there's a couple jokes that need to be made here.

First off, you need to immediately kick out anyone who plays more than 16 energy in a deck, unless they play Guzzlord (then you just make fun of them).
Second, you were doing it all wrong, The Last Shaymin. As soon as you realized that they probably don't know what the different formats are, you need to whip out an unlimited deck and then just say, "Oh, yeah, this is normal," when you win.

I'm sorry. You can just ignore that last paragraph. I just saw there were some jokes that needed to be made.

Attix

Electric Delivery Driver from Washington
I actually built a deck for the sole purpose of teaching people how to play the game, designed to at least resemble a competitive deck (it doesn't really function as one, but that's beside the point) but also easy to understand how it works. I also picked up a Lycanroc/Alolan Raichu Trainer Kit, which is actually very useful for teaching people how to play the game. I plan on teaching special needs kids how to play Pokémon with these. Perhaps you could do something similar. Don't be afraid to coach people and inspire them to get better. There's nothing like that magical feeling of opening up someone to the wide, wonderful world of competitive play.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
I'd have to agree with The Last Shaymin about the video game thing. It would probably just lead to arguments. Plus, if by some stroke of luck you find a shiny Pokemon, but someone messes up the capture, you can probably picture how that would play out.
Like previously said, be prepared to meet a lot of people with little to no game knowledge. If you manage to find a couple people who know the game, though, it will be a ton of fun. If there aren't any people who know the game, I would recommend either trying to teach people at least basic deck building, accepting the fact that you're going to forever play with beginners (which can be fun, don't get me wrong), or give up on it.

Now I apologize, but there's a couple jokes that need to be made here.

First off, you need to immediately kick out anyone who plays more than 16 energy in a deck, unless they play Guzzlord (then you just make fun of them).
Second, you were doing it all wrong, The Last Shaymin. As soon as you realized that they probably don't know what the different formats are, you need to whip out an unlimited deck and then just say, "Oh, yeah, this is normal," when you win.

I'm sorry. You can just ignore that last paragraph. I just saw there were some jokes that needed to be made.
More jokes are needed

Anyone who plays less than 28 trainer cards will be forced to put a playset of energy reset in all of their decks, if that STILL doesn't make the trainer cards 28 or higher then force them to add a playset of big malasada, if that STILL doesn't exceed 28 then make them give up, the is no use of them playing Pokemon.

Your unlimited deck?- Sableye donk
While you're at it you could even play Shiftry

My last words: KICK OUT EVERYONE WHO PLAYS GARDIE

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
More jokes are needed

Anyone who plays less than 28 trainer cards will be forced to put a playset of energy reset in all of their decks, if that STILL doesn't make the trainer cards 28 or higher then force them to add a playset of big malasada, if that STILL doesn't exceed 28 then make them give up, the is no use of them playing Pokemon.

Your unlimited deck?- Sableye donk
While you're at it you could even play Shiftry

My last words: KICK OUT EVERYONE WHO PLAYS GARDIE
You're a genius. I never would have thought of that Energy Reset rule. It makes so much sense.

Personally, my unlimited deck is Crobat donk. I don't have any Sableye, and it isn't quite as consistent as Porydonk on the like, but boy is it fun to be able to knock out everything in a single turn. I think Crobat donk would be a lot funner to donk people with, though, even if it only does it like 60-70% of the time.

Kick out the Gardie players? That's letting them off too easy. There needs to be a completely separate club you send them to where they have to play against Metal decks for hours on end. It would function two ways: You send the Gardie players there for punishment and the nice people there to play the metal decks.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
How could we be so foolish. We also forgot to replace all Lillies with Bianca. Oh, and every deck should run 4 Cedric Juniper. Then it's also a quiz show.
Don't forget alph lithograph and night Pokemon center, and then you have the BDIF
almost forgot about Porygon from Evolutions

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
You're a genius. I never would have thought of that Energy Reset rule. It makes so much sense.

Personally, my unlimited deck is Crobat donk. I don't have any Sableye, and it isn't quite as consistent as Porydonk on the like, but boy is it fun to be able to knock out everything in a single turn. I think Crobat donk would be a lot funner to donk people with, though, even if it only does it like 60-70% of the time.

Kick out the Gardie players? That's letting them off too easy. There needs to be a completely separate club you send them to where they have to play against Metal decks for hours on end. It would function two ways: You send the Gardie players there for punishment and the nice people there to play the metal decks.
sableye donk uses crobat

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Don't forget alph lithograph and night Pokemon center, and then you have the BDIF
almost forgot about Porygon from Evolutions
Oh, and we mustn't forget about Tickling Machine and Here Comes Team Rocket. We just gotta have those. And Poketurn/Power Spray for non-SP decks.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Ok, yeah, we're just kinda meming at this point. It's still fun though.

And are you hating on Cedric Juniper?

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
You guys are forgetting to add the Tierno and Hau cards to the decks. Then they're boss :p
How could we have forgotten about the good ol' Quad Cheren/Tierno/Hau/Skates engine? Thanks for reminding us, we almost made a huge mistake there.