• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Buzzwole/Lycanroc

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Pokémon (16):

4x Buzzwole-GX
2x Lycanroc-GX
2x Rockruff
1x Sudowoodo BKP
1x Tapu-Lele-GX
2x Octillery
2x Remoraid
2x Regirock-EX

Trainers (30):

4x Sycamore
4x N
3x Guzma
1x Field Blower
1x Rescue Stretcher
4x Ultra Ball
4x Max Elixir
4x Brooklet Hill
2x Float Stone
3x Choice Band

Energy (14):

4x Strong Energy
10x Fighting Energy

How's my list? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 2 Regirock EX (I can see how one of them fixes numbers but the two extra ones do not see to make a difference between thko and ohko)
+ 1 Tapu Lele GX (nice search with less than nine to ten draw supporters)
+ 1 Lillie (Great in this deck turn one to search Strong Energy)

Personally I would like to fit a third choice Band into this deck but have no idea on how to do so at the moment. In my own variant I run Bridgette and Oranguru to supplement the draw power which gave me more deck slots for essential trainers. Hope this provides some initial assistance.

- 2 Regirock EX (I can see how one of them fixes numbers but the two extra ones do not see to make a difference between thko and ohko)

If you only play one though you risk it getting prize locked and then your numbers suffer significantly. Two might be the magic number. I think two Choice Band is just fine since you're only really using it to hit the big knockouts with knuckle impact and that's not the main focus of this deck.

In general the decklist looks very consistent. I'd like room for a Zygarde EX just to help with that Psychic matchup, but it's not necessary. I'd say cut out one brooklet hill in order to either play a fourth Guzma or another Field Blower. I really think it comes down to preference. You might also be safe going for 9 fighting or even 8 fighting. I understand that makes the math on Max Elixir a little worse but it really just means you have to thin out your deck a little before playing them.

Nice list overall, but do agree with @Dark Espeon. Three Regirock EX is too many. You have a higher risk starting with it, and three doesn't make the math any different between your 2HKOs and OHKOs. Most games I only need one on my bench, if I even need one at all, but understand running two just in case one is prized. I do like the idea of adding a Lillie because this deck doesn't have an optimal Turn 1 Supporter, so Lillie is perfect for that.

I use 1 regirock Ex and it works great. Also, try out Andrew Mahone's list, its super good. The only change I made was adding baby mew from fates collide in place of mewtwo.

Hi GekkisaiDaiNi,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

+ 1 Tapu Lele GX (nice search with less than nine to ten draw supporters)
+ 1 Lillie (Great in this deck turn one to search Strong Energy)

Personally I would like to fit a third choice Band into this deck but have no idea on how to do so at the moment. In my own variant I run Bridgette and Oranguru to supplement the draw power which gave me more deck slots for essential trainers. Hope this provides some initial assistance.
My thoughts are very similar to @CaptZero's. A third Choice Band would be great, and three Regirock is probably overkill (but like CaptZero, I don't agree with cutting to just one, since it seems crucial), which leads me to this edit:

-1 Regirock-EX
+1 Choice Band

Lillie would be nice, but probably unnecessary IMO. 1 Lele has been fine for all the Buzzwole/Lycanroc lists I've seen (AKA the top lists from Memphis), except for Mahone's. I think it's pretty much just personal preference, but with the lack of Bench space, as well as no Brigette in the deck, not to mention Octillery, 1 seems fine.
If you only play one though you risk it getting prize locked and then your numbers suffer significantly. Two might be the magic number. I think two Choice Band is just fine since you're only really using it to hit the big knockouts with knuckle impact and that's not the main focus of this deck.

In general the decklist looks very consistent. I'd like room for a Zygarde EX just to help with that Psychic matchup, but it's not necessary. I'd say cut out one brooklet hill in order to either play a fourth Guzma or another Field Blower. I really think it comes down to preference. You might also be safe going for 9 fighting or even 8 fighting. I understand that makes the math on Max Elixir a little worse but it really just means you have to thin out your deck a little before playing them.
Thanks, I built it for maximum consistency :). I think Lycanroc can handle that Psychic matchup pretty well, since it isn't weak to Psychic, can OHKO Garb with a Strong Energy, and can destroy Drampas (assuming you're playing against Drampa/Garb). I think I'd rather have the Sudowoodo as opposed to Zygarde. I like 10 Energy, because once again, consistency. Not hitting Max Elixirs sucks, and you usually use them early game when you haven't burnt through your deck much. A 4th Guzma also seems unnecessary since you have Lycanroc for that additional gust effect. However, if Garb starts seeing more play, a second Field Blower will definitely be an inclusion. For now, I'd rather have the consistency of 4 Brooklet Hill.
Nice list overall, but do agree with @Dark Espeon. Three Regirock EX is too many. You have a higher risk starting with it, and three doesn't make the math any different between your 2HKOs and OHKOs. Most games I only need one on my bench, if I even need one at all, but understand running two just in case one is prized. I do like the idea of adding a Lillie because this deck doesn't have an optimal Turn 1 Supporter, so Lillie is perfect for that.
Lillie does sound nice, but the top lists I've seen (Andrew Mahone's, Pablo Meza's, and Dan Wallace's) don't run it, and it feels like an unneeded tech, especially with Octillery.
I use 1 regirock Ex and it works great. Also, try out Andrew Mahone's list, its super good. The only change I made was adding baby mew from fates collide in place of mewtwo.
Andrew's is nice, but I think I prefer Pablo's. Also, Andrew's runs Mewtwo EVO?

Thanks everyone! :)

No, Andrew did not run Mewtwo. He also ran a 2-2 split on Brooklet Hill and Parallel City. He also played 2 Lele and 9 basic Fighting

Last edited:
Lillie does sound nice, but the top lists I've seen (Andrew Mahone's, Pablo Meza's, and Dan Wallace's) don't run it, and it feels like an unneeded tech, especially with Octillery.

True, but you won't have Octillery on your first turn, which is when you're going to want to use Lillie. I agree that it's not necessary, but if you are looking for an optimal first turn Supporter it's not a bad choice!

Back