'Pokemon Crystal' Releasing on the 3DS Virtual Console in January

Ecko9i6

Aspiring Trainer
Awesome! Can't wait to play the original version of the 2nd generation, especially since we'll be able to catch Celebi now :)

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
My favorite game from the first 3 Generations, and is still one of my favorite games ever. The first game I ever beat by myself; I'm going to have to fight the temptation to buy Crystal.

I don't think that's going to be that easy... :p

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Ffs this would have been prime to stick on the switch - and a perfect point to start and transfer pokemon to its new home...

Although my *stuff* compulsion is stoaked for a box for the shelf lol

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Now that's a better reason to buy a "physical copy." Something additional rather than just a digital code (and the box, I guess). The magnet looks nifty neat-o. If that's not released in NA, I might look into buying the Japanese version.

FrostyLily

ニャンパス~ (she/her)
Do the jp or eu download codes work on us 3ds systems? Is it like cartridges, where it’s region locked or is it not?

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
Well... Let's hope for a good and playable GX Suicune! Though, how do you get celebi in the 3ds version??

ArcaneVoidDancer

Aspiring Trainer
Learning from my experiences with the Gold and Silver 3DS physical releases, I'm going to just download the game from the store. The boxes were a great throwback to the days of using hard cardboard packaging but it's not worth the money. Unless you're a physical collector or you really want to hold the box then I would just download the game from the store. On the greater side... please release that Suicune GX card... please?

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I'm actually abit hype to play this game now...
I actually never completed my original run for crystal. so this should be interesting