Tournament I've devised an anti-night march deck

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
I have created a deck (In my head though) of how to defeat Night-March decks and since that seemed popular for the San Jose regionals I think that it will be good. It consists of
Pokemon
x1 Lycanrock GX (either one)
x3 Rockroff
x1 Buzzwole GX
x1 Zoroark GX
x3 Zorua
Trainers
x2 Karen
x3 N
x2 Prof. Kukui
x1 Reverse valley
x1 Mallow
x2 Prof. Sycamore
x2 VS seeker
x1 Pokemon Center Lady (a.k.a Nurse Joy)
x1 Pokemon Breeder
x2 Ace Trainer
Energy
x10 Fighting energy
x10 Dark energy
x4 Double energy
The deck works like this when your opponent starts to load up for Night March use Karen and then Vs Seeker to get Karen back. Also hit hard with the GXs

If your really looking to counter Night March, I'd suggest an Item Lock deck (like Seismitoad EX/Seviper or Trevenant Break) or just playing an Oricorio/Karen in any Expanded deck you play. If you can remove the ability for Special Energy (like CRI Mismagius or BUS Noivern GX) that would work as well.

Tell me your thoughts about it
You are going to get trashed. Night March will have finished the game by the time you use a Karen, or, you will need to Karen when you also need to play another supporter. You also have almost no attackers.

Since you don't run Lele how do you expect to get to Karen? You only have 1-2 turns before Night March is online and knocking everything out

I'm not making the deck I just wanted to see if it was good. And if it was good then I would make it. It was made slightly more to combat Zoroark GX/night march and I researched it and a dark/fighting deck is super effective to all of the night march cards Joltik is weak to fighting, and Lampent and Punkaboo are weak to dark. also Zoroark GX is weak to fighting

I'm not making the deck I just wanted to see if it was good. And if it was good then I would make it. It was made slightly more to combat Zoroark GX/night march and I researched it and a dark/fighting deck is super effective to all of the night march cards Joltik is weak to fighting, and Lampent and Punkaboo are weak to dark. also Zoroark GX is weak to fighting

Cool, if you really want to focus on that as an overall strategy, you can try Buzzwole GX/Zoroark GX or Buzzwole GX/Lycanroc. The only thing is that Joltik has only 30 HP, so weakness is really a priority at the moment. There are a few lists you can look at around here that can give you an idea on what to look for in one of those decks, just make sure they're Expanded (if they aren't, just convert the list to make it better suit that meta). Good luck!

I don't really know. Maybe using multiple trainer's mail

My deck takes care of Nightmarch pretty easily. If they have Zoroark-Gx it is a bit more tricky but otherwise my matchup is very good. I'd say at least 60% maybe 70%.
Hail to the Ninja Box.

Just run anything with oricorio. Oriocorio is Night March's worst enemy, coming from a night march player (me). If you reallllly want to beat night march, just build a deck with 4 Jolteon EX and 4 DCE, 4 Max elixir, and 10 elecrtic energy. 4 sycamore, normal stuff. just try and get a DCE and a lightning energy onto a jolteon and free retreat into the jolteon with the energy on it. Just use the 2nd attack of jolteon and your opponent will probably concede, as long as you DONT BENCH ANY MORE JOLTEON. This is the free win vs night march deck, brought to you by @The Last Shaymin

Just run anything with oricorio. Oriocorio is Night March's worst enemy, coming from a night march player (me). If you reallllly want to beat night march, just build a deck with 4 Jolteon EX and 4 DCE, 4 Max elixir, and 10 elecrtic energy. 4 sycamore, normal stuff. just try and get a DCE and a lightning energy onto a jolteon and free retreat into the jolteon with the energy on it. Just use the 2nd attack of jolteon and your opponent will probably concede, as long as you DONT BENCH ANY MORE JOLTEON. This is the free win vs night march deck, brought to you by @The Last Shaymin

Except for the fact that most Night March decks now run Zoroark GX as well, so Jolteon EX isn't as useful anymore (since Zoroark GX is an evolution). Just a thought.

Jolteon EX is a good strategy. I like Buzzwole GX too. If you have field blower, you can get rid of their belts and knock out 2 joltiks with one energy.

Jolteon EX is a good strategy. I like Buzzwole GX too. If you have field blower, you can get rid of their belts and knock out 2 joltiks with one energy.

Buzzwole GX is a great way to take out Joltiks due their low HP (as you mentioned), only thing that I'd say is that as the Night March player (playing against a Buzzwole GX deck), I wouldn't bench any Joltik and focus on Pumpkaboo since Buzzwole GX is weak to Psychic.

I run these:

- 1x Jolteon-Ex
- 1x Seismitoad-Ex
- Karen
- Prism, Rainbow and DCE
- Ninja Boy

This takes care of the Nightmarch part

Then if they try to go around that with Zoroark-Gx, i included:

- 2x Parallel City
- 1 copy of Sudowoodo
- 1x Tauros-Gx
- 1x Machamp-Ex

This allows me to get rid of Zoroark-Gx and then go back to Jolteon-Ex. There is few hope for Nightmarch if i can setup and my key pieces are not prized.

I have created a deck (In my head though) of how to defeat Night-March decks and since that seemed popular for the San Jose regionals I think that it will be good. It consists of
Pokemon
x1 Lycanrock GX (either one)
x3 Rockroff
x1 Buzzwole GX
x1 Zoroark GX
x3 Zorua
Trainers
x2 Karen
x3 N
x2 Prof. Kukui
x1 Reverse valley
x1 Mallow
x2 Prof. Sycamore
x2 VS seeker
x1 Pokemon Center Lady (a.k.a Nurse Joy)
x1 Pokemon Breeder
x2 Ace Trainer
Energy
x10 Fighting energy
x10 Dark energy
x4 Double energy
The deck works like this when your opponent starts to load up for Night March use Karen and then Vs Seeker to get Karen back. Also hit hard with the GXs
No, no, my friend, one cannot simply stop Night March. You must either join it, or fall to its unrelenting might! Night March still marches on! :D

Back